“Nicely Remodeled Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Parsippany
Syracuse
“Nicely Remodeled Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Nicely remodeled Holiday Inn, much more trendy rooms than many of the other Holiday Inn properties that I have stayed in. It is obviously an old hotel, but you can tell that they tried quite hard to make it look modern and up to date. For the price, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

1) Staffs were absolutely great. They were friendly, helpful and polite
2) Their shuttle service was convenient to go restaurant, shopping
3) Room was new renovated, clean, big LCD TV, Microwave and big bed
4) Housekeeping was great enough.
5) Location good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
virginia, usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed there as part of a business trip. I was charged for a Movie that I never ordered. I tried contacting their office multiple times and they kept forwarding me to their accounting department, which was nothing but a voice mail box. I left numerous messages but have yet to hear back from them.
Great Breakfast Buffet

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

My business requires that I stay in a hotel 150+ nights every year. This is the hotel by which I judge all others in my experience, and none has even come close to equaling the service I receive from the Holiday Inn in Parsippany, New Jersey ... even before the recent tasteful and appreciated improvements to the property!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We had stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past, but it had been at least 5 years ago since our stay. This hotel always used to be our hotel of choice before we had children and started staying in "suite" hotels more often. We were coming to the area for a quick night to see family and didn't want to spend a lot, and I was happy to get this hotel for a good rate on Hotwire.
I have two small children and since this hotel was on a highway, I specifically asked at check-in if the room they were putting me in was relatively quiet. The desk clerk stated "oh yes, this is a very quiet room".
The rooms in this hotel are very clean and the staff is very pleasant. When we went up to the room, the only problem we encountered was that the television was not working properly. Unfortunately, our children had already gone to sleep by the time that we discovered this. Having nothing else to do with two sleeping children and no TV, we went to sleep at 10:30 only to be awakened by LOUD thumping Latin music from the downstairs restaurant at about 11:00. It was so loud that it woke both of us up, but the children slept through it. People were loud coming out of the club and the DJ was screaming and yelling in between songs. The windows were very flimsy, and every gust of wind rattled them. They provided no barrier at all to the VERY loud music. I went downstairs in my pajamas and the music in the lobby was deafening. There were only about 20 people in the "club" listening to the racket. I was told by the front desk attendant that there was nothing that could be done about it because the hotel does not own the restaraurant. The man at the front desk was very apologetic and looked almost as miserable as I was...I can't imagine the headache he must have had...He offered another room across the hall, but our children were sleeping and one was in a crib so we didn't want to have to wake them up. Needless to say, we were awake the entire time until 2:00 a.m. when the DJ stopped playing.
We were absolutely exhausted in the morning, especially since one of our kids woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 a.m. ready to start the day!
The staff was very apologetic and the manager called us first thing Monday morning and offered a free stay the next time that we come. Other than the loud noise, the rooms were clean and the beds were great. The staff was also very nice. However, they should have made more of an effort to book the rooms on the opposite side of the hotel completely before they started putting people directly over the loud restaurant, especially since they knew that this is a recurring problem. The hotels in that area mainly get their business from corporate people during the week, so the weekends are the lower occupancy times. If the rooms on the other side were completely filled, at the very least, they should have given a disclaimer when we checked in so we could have gone to the store and gotten earplugs!
We would recommend this hotel to others, BUT, I would recommend calling first and seeing when the loud DJs are scheduled to be playing in the hotel bar. I probably would not stay here again on a Saturday night...there are too many quieter places to stay on the same street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
plaza345, GM at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield, responded to this review, May 21, 2009
We appreciate the comments and would like to let you know that as part of our total renovation of the hotel we are working with a sound engineering co. and taking steps to insure that noise does not travel from the area around the restaurant and banquet rooms. While our guestrooms are not over that area, we are comitted to making sure noise does not travel through our courtyard area. We will also be more diligent in watching that DJ's don't play their music, especially the base, at "decibals too loud for humans." Even though these type of events are the exception rather then the rule, we will make sure everyone has a good nights sleep.
Hightstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

I Never stayed at this hotel before. But I eat at the resturant attached. Harold's Deli & Resturant. But I have walked through the hotel before. The resturants restrooms are located inside the hotel. I have also been on the elevator. The hotel is very nice and clean. But the elevator is a older Westinghouse and is quite slow. If you stay here check out the place I call my second home. WILLOWBROOK. Willowbrook is the closest mall to this hotel. They have Bloomingdale's ( 3 Floors ) Sears ( 2 Floors )
Macy's ( 2 Floors ) Lord & Taylor ( 2 Floors. Only a 5 min. Drive from the hotel. So if you need a hotel in the area stay at the Holiday Inn Parsippany. Eat at HAROLD'S !!!!

My favorite resturant in the whole wide world!!!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
Mars, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

Scored this hotel on Hotwire for $70 (including tax , etc.).
Very nice for the price. Price paid was about 1/2 quoted rates on the internet.
Hotel was clean, room spacious, bathroom clean and well stocked with thick towels, free internet access through wire or wireless, even a message on the phone from the front desk clerk asking us to call if there was anything they could do to make our stay more pleasant (this occurred even though they knew the discounted price we paid for the room).
Despite our room being located on the I-80 (very busy highway) side of the hotel, it was very quiet and you would never know that a busy highway was about an 1/8 mile away.
Complimentary breakfast was quite adequate, unless you yearn for greasy sausage and eggs! Bagels, juices, cold and hot cereal, milk, coffee, cocoa, tea, pastries, cut up fresh fruit, apples and oranges are what I recall a week later...
It was a steal at the price we paid. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield? Share your experiences!