“Room Remodel is greatly appreciated.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Premium Suites
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
SoCal
“Room Remodel is greatly appreciated.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My company office is nearby and I have been staying at this hotel for years. It is a HUGE, old Embassy Suites that has long been in need of a room remodel. I am glad that the rooms have finally been done and the smell of mildew from previous trips has been resolved. I enjoyed the suite on this particular trip because a coworker needed a place to crash after a couple drinks. The bar is decent, but the draft beer needs to be colder. The restaurant is extremely overpriced and the food options are somewhat limited. When eating at the hotel, I usually stick with the pizza, which is surprisingly good. The breakfast, as with most Embassy Suites, is top notch. I especially enjoy the omelette bar. The only downfall is the "courtyard", it is extremely dated and in need of a major remodel. A simple update of the color scheme and replacing the 80s brick would work wonders. The only downfall is that I always find the check in staff to be less than friendly, it always seem as if I am inconveniencing them when I walk up (a simple smile would go a long way).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear BizTravellers,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. The improvements we are doing in our rooms are still underway and we hope to have even more amenities completed by the end of this year. We will also be remodeling our indoor pool as well some elements of our atrium. We do apologize for our initial front desk presentation as this is not what we try to offer our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel so you can experience even more of our updates. Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Troy, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spent a week at this hotel and was very pleased with this property. There is nothing better than a huge selection for breakfast, and the included free cook to order omelets available each morning. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The fixtures in the bathroom could use a little updating, but are still kept clean. Would stay here again if in the Parsippany area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Scott L,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our complimentary breakfast is a staple of our brand so we are glad to hear you enjoyed that as well. If your business travels bring you back to Parsippany, we would love to have the chance to serve you again.

Thank you for the review. We wish you safe travels!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Embassy suites is billed as the premier long term business hotel, yet this one is not premier. The hotel and its amenities are dated and showing thier age. The carpet is well worn and pulling up at it seems. The tubs are cracked and dented. The furnishings are sparse and worn.

The staff is professional, but aloof. The managers reception is held Monday - Thursday. The hotel puts out some chips and salsa, but never refresh the food, so what is put out at 5:30 either is finished quickly or still the same food at 7:30 when it is over.

The breakfast buffett is great though, the omletes are made to order and the staff onhand is always available and friendly.

The hotel staff does respond to requests quickly and they are very professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay, information from our guests only helps us to improve. The feedback you provided has been seen by all department managers of the hotel and it will be addressed. We would also like to let you know that we are planning a renovation of the hotel later this year which will address the condition concerns you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back again so you can experience these improvements.

Thank you again and have a great rest of the week!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is on the outskirts but has a few stores nearby. Loved our stay here. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet is also good. The bar is nice and so is teh gym which is usually empty during the day.

We loved our stay here. A good business hotel would highly reccomend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear prankshere,

Thank you very much for writing a review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Randolph, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went here with a group of 11 year old girls. The rooms were spacious for our group, we had connecting rooms. The atrium is beautiful - feels like a tropical paradise... and offered space for the girls to hand out in the morning outside of the room. Breakfast was well-stocked and offered a decent selection fo food and beverages, including to-order omelets.

We enjoyed the pool, however, there were NO towels... when asked about them "the towels are in the dryer"... that answer didn't really help the girls that had to leave the pool area soaking wet... really, if you have a pool and offer towel service, that service should be consistently delivered, in my opinion. So, do yourself a favor and bring your own beach towel!

There were no On Demand movies... this was surprising and disaapointing. There was HBO, but we had to call to reception to find out what was on that night and neither of the 2 movies were a match for our group. I ended up having to pay for the Internet Service $12.95 so we could watch Netflix on my computer. So, come prepared!!

Beds were comfortable (not so much the pull out couches!), and microwave and fridge come in handy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear MooseFamily80,

Thank you for writing a review, We are happy to hear you enjored your stay with us. We are taking your comments about the pool towel shortage seriously and we have already met housekeeping to refresh our process on dealing with high demand times for the pool. Also, the next time you stay with us, please stop at the front desk and ask about our DVD rentals, we have a selection of rentals available to enjoy for only $10 per night. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for staying with us!
Bergen County
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my kids while my home was being renovated. I thought this place would be nice as its close to home & there is a pool for the kids to enjoy. All was well until I had to contact the front desk. I took a shower the morning of my checkout & surprise...NO HOT WATER! I contact the front desk & the girl said she'd send an engineer up. After the breakfast (very poor) I ask the front desk personnel if I have hot water in my room. She said she'll ask the engineer. She paged him & he said (exactly what I heard) "I don't know what the problem is & I can't fix the problem". I said what is going on? The manager, Justin got involved & I told him what I told the deal was. I was not going to bathe my kids in cold water. He immediately gave me an attitude & started to yell at me. In the lobby, in plain view of other guests & my children. He claimed I yelled. & I did not, my kids were with me. He comps me the room (he knew he was wrong). Asks if I want another room, I said no because I had to pack my room then unpack when I had to checkout in 2 hours? I go to my room & the engineer met me at the door. He said he was never told about the hot water, only the heat. Hence why my heat was on 80 degrees when I walked in. Hot water was fixed when he got there the second time, not finished though. I call corporate. This "manager" represents the hotel as the face of Hilton & he's going bask & forth with me, yelling? In front of other guests? What kind of guest relations is this? Customer service? Please. I check out & ask for my receipt, the girl at the front desk is STARING at me to the point to when I ask her what's the matter? She asked me why I wanted a receipt?! Because I want it & that's that! Se rolls her eyes at the door to the manager & he says he will call the police if I don't leave. What did I do? Maybe he was mad he was wrong & got caught lying, or maybe it's because I called corporate to complain about his superior service. He said corporate did call him & he didn't care, very smugly. He yelled at me again, in front of my kids & other guests. Then he asks why I checked in under a false name, what's it his business? I asked why his employee was staring at me as if to intimidate me...Or did she think I'm so gorgeous she insisted on dating me. I called corporate, again & this time the GENERAL MANAGER will get involved. These people are the forefront of the company, customer service is key. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that would love to have my business, minus the attitude. It's as if they were doing me the favor by staying there! Do not stay here, I recommend other properties without managers & staff that can handle customer relations, with a smile. All of this, because I had no hot water! Shame on HILTON MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Minnie M,

One of the hotel's number one priorities is the safety and security of our employees, as is the integrity of our guest's experience. We also maintain the proper identification of our guests as being crucial in offering a secure environment for our guests and employees. I assure you that corrective action was taken when you had communicated your maintenance issue. The front desk agent and myself were personally involved, along with the engineer on duty. Engineering would like to personally apologize for any miscommunication that occurred during your stay. Hilton Worldwide, the General Manager, and all key managers of our hotel are aware of your situation and they will reach out to you if they feel the need to do so.

Chandlers Ford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The suite was large and well laid out. I was on the top floor and right at the end so it was quiet. The restaurant food was good, service very good but food pricy. It is very handy for road transport and plenty of parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Tweds57,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed you one room suite and that it was quite and provided you with a relaxing evening. I'm sure our Executive Chef and restaurant staff will be please when they hear that you enojoyed your experience with them also.

We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank You!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ? Share your experiences!