“Overall Met Expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Parsippany
Randolph, NJ
“Overall Met Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went here with a group of 11 year old girls. The rooms were spacious for our group, we had connecting rooms. The atrium is beautiful - feels like a tropical paradise... and offered space for the girls to hand out in the morning outside of the room. Breakfast was well-stocked and offered a decent selection fo food and beverages, including to-order omelets.

We enjoyed the pool, however, there were NO towels... when asked about them "the towels are in the dryer"... that answer didn't really help the girls that had to leave the pool area soaking wet... really, if you have a pool and offer towel service, that service should be consistently delivered, in my opinion. So, do yourself a favor and bring your own beach towel!

There were no On Demand movies... this was surprising and disaapointing. There was HBO, but we had to call to reception to find out what was on that night and neither of the 2 movies were a match for our group. I ended up having to pay for the Internet Service $12.95 so we could watch Netflix on my computer. So, come prepared!!

Beds were comfortable (not so much the pull out couches!), and microwave and fridge come in handy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear MooseFamily80,

Thank you for writing a review, We are happy to hear you enjored your stay with us. We are taking your comments about the pool towel shortage seriously and we have already met housekeeping to refresh our process on dealing with high demand times for the pool. Also, the next time you stay with us, please stop at the front desk and ask about our DVD rentals, we have a selection of rentals available to enjoy for only $10 per night. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for staying with us!

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Bergen County
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my kids while my home was being renovated. I thought this place would be nice as its close to home & there is a pool for the kids to enjoy. All was well until I had to contact the front desk. I took a shower the morning of my checkout & surprise...NO HOT WATER! I contact the front desk & the girl said she'd send an engineer up. After the breakfast (very poor) I ask the front desk personnel if I have hot water in my room. She said she'll ask the engineer. She paged him & he said (exactly what I heard) "I don't know what the problem is & I can't fix the problem". I said what is going on? The manager, Justin got involved & I told him what I told the deal was. I was not going to bathe my kids in cold water. He immediately gave me an attitude & started to yell at me. In the lobby, in plain view of other guests & my children. He claimed I yelled. & I did not, my kids were with me. He comps me the room (he knew he was wrong). Asks if I want another room, I said no because I had to pack my room then unpack when I had to checkout in 2 hours? I go to my room & the engineer met me at the door. He said he was never told about the hot water, only the heat. Hence why my heat was on 80 degrees when I walked in. Hot water was fixed when he got there the second time, not finished though. I call corporate. This "manager" represents the hotel as the face of Hilton & he's going bask & forth with me, yelling? In front of other guests? What kind of guest relations is this? Customer service? Please. I check out & ask for my receipt, the girl at the front desk is STARING at me to the point to when I ask her what's the matter? She asked me why I wanted a receipt?! Because I want it & that's that! Se rolls her eyes at the door to the manager & he says he will call the police if I don't leave. What did I do? Maybe he was mad he was wrong & got caught lying, or maybe it's because I called corporate to complain about his superior service. He said corporate did call him & he didn't care, very smugly. He yelled at me again, in front of my kids & other guests. Then he asks why I checked in under a false name, what's it his business? I asked why his employee was staring at me as if to intimidate me...Or did she think I'm so gorgeous she insisted on dating me. I called corporate, again & this time the GENERAL MANAGER will get involved. These people are the forefront of the company, customer service is key. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that would love to have my business, minus the attitude. It's as if they were doing me the favor by staying there! Do not stay here, I recommend other properties without managers & staff that can handle customer relations, with a smile. All of this, because I had no hot water! Shame on HILTON MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Minnie M,

One of the hotel's number one priorities is the safety and security of our employees, as is the integrity of our guest's experience. We also maintain the proper identification of our guests as being crucial in offering a secure environment for our guests and employees. I assure you that corrective action was taken when you had communicated your maintenance issue. The front desk agent and myself were personally involved, along with the engineer on duty. Engineering would like to personally apologize for any miscommunication that occurred during your stay. Hilton Worldwide, the General Manager, and all key managers of our hotel are aware of your situation and they will reach out to you if they feel the need to do so.

Chandlers Ford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The suite was large and well laid out. I was on the top floor and right at the end so it was quiet. The restaurant food was good, service very good but food pricy. It is very handy for road transport and plenty of parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Tweds57,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed you one room suite and that it was quite and provided you with a relaxing evening. I'm sure our Executive Chef and restaurant staff will be please when they hear that you enojoyed your experience with them also.

We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank You!
Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this Embassy Suites because the price was right & we were told they had a bus stop right on the corner for a bus that goes directly to Manhattan. Unfortunately, we had to go to Manhattan everyday & that meant it cost us $41.60 total/day for 2 people. The hotel is in a location geared more for business travelers or people with cars, rather than a place to stay & visit Manhattan for several days.

That being said, the hotel was wonderful. Sure, some of the aspects of our room were a bit outdated. The room smelled a little of old carpet although the carpet was clean & not stained; the shower rod bar was spotted with rust; but we felt very comfortable & safe. The courtyard of the hotel was very nice. It had fountains, water, plants, & bridges. If you didn't look up, you'd think you were outside, yet it was covered with a roof & skylights. Very nice, especially because it was super cold outside, yet comfortable in the "courtyard" area.

The employees working the breakfast area were very friendly & efficient, from the busboys to the cook to the F&B manager. That area was kept very clean, especially considering how many people use that area. The food was fresh, plenty of choices, and the made-to-order omelets were a treat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear fijijakes,

Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Hearing guests feedback is very important to us. We did see your comments about the condition of your room and we would like to let you know that later this year we will be completing some upgrades to our guest rooms. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our atrium and the complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
California, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We dropped into this Embassy Suites due to poor weather on 287. We got a clean, 1-bedroom suite with a king bed and a pull out couch to fit our family. The room was good size with a large bathroom and extra sink in the bedroom. The front room and bedroom both had TVs with excellent pictures (and HBO). Included in our rate were 2 drinks coupons for the Manager's happy hour and complimentary breakfast. The Manager's happy hour had popcorn and chips and salsa... a nice little snack. Rooms were very quiet and nice water pressure in the shower. King bed was comfortable and my daughters said the pull out was the most comfortable they had ever slept on. I think that was due to an extra-thick mattress cover. Room temperature was good. We had a refrigerator and microwave. There was an indoor pool that looked nice but we didn't get to use. Finally, a very nice FREE breakfast selection. They had made-to-order omelets and pancakes plus a buffet of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, toast, muffins, hot and cold cereals and drinks. They also had several different fruits, juices and yogurt. I was very impressed with breakfast. We would definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel to others. Thanks!

Room Tip: Three different entrances for hotel but all at the front of the hotel. Rooms on outside of hotel wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear rlacoss,

Thank you for writing a review! We are happy to hear you chose our hotel to be your safe haven during the winter weather. All the amenities you mentioned are staples of the Embassy Suites brand an we are glad to hear you enjoyed each and every one of them.

We look forward to see you in the future. Happy New Year!
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at this hotel over Xmas. For the price of a regular hotel room, one gets a suite, free full breakfast buffet/omelet, nightly cocktail, free parking and free high speed internet ( not sure if this is offered all the time). When I had a issue with my tub draining, it was fixed quickly and I received a gift bag and handwritten note from the front desk...and a voice message follow-up. It was refreshing to see a few well-behaved pets (dogs) being walked through the facility. I can't speak for the business traveler but as a leisure or weekend traveler this Embassy Suites Hotel is worth your consideration.

Room Tip: Even thought I was close to elevator (207) I didn't hear any distracting noises. The bedrooms ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear mdecipher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate it! We are happy to hear your enjoyed the amenities of our hotel, especially our holiday promotion of complimentary internet.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank You!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed xmas eve. Very clean and nice. Did not think it was "outdated" at all as a few others have said. The lobby is beautiful with fountains and many hidden banquet rooms. Restaurant was beautiful and romantic looking, although closed on xmas. Breakfast was NOT as varied or good as the Embassy Suites I have stayed in previously but Embassy's buffet is always better than the other chains. I do think overall the breakfast buffets at all hotels have gotten worse and worse through the years. Room was very very clean. Bed was ok, not as comfortable as some of the other Hiltons or the Sheraton. I normally will not stay at Embassy because they only have double beds, no queens. There is enough room for queens and it is time they upgrade. Business center had 2 very quick updated computers. There is a charge for connecting in your room. Parking is free. The woman running the gift shop ran in from her car and reopened the shop for me when she saw me at the door! Great service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Justin K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Prodance,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with. Our guest service is our number one prioirity and it is great to have guests recongnize our staff for their hard work.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ? Share your experiences!