“Famdamily Vacation part 2” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Parsippany Boulevard, Parsippany, NJ 07054   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Famdamily Vacation part 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year and we were so SATISFIED, we promised to return again. Well, HERE WE COME!!! July 2 - 8, 2012...It is now time to keep our promise...and we are SO EXCITED!!! We already have high expectations from our last experience, and also have reserved butterflies in our stomachs for what will no doubt be another great time!!!

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

my husband and i stayed here one night for a wedding. we were given a large suite with a living room area. it was very clean, updated bathroom and very comfortable bed. the breakfast was good, for free hotel food. i didn't get a chance to go in the pool but it looked small. all in all, not anything fancy but pleasant for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Embassy Suites in Parsippany is a beautiful hotel. I had my daughters birthday party here last year, as well as attended a party for a friend's daughter a few months ago. This hotel tends to have a lot of slumber/birthday parties and I believe it is their biggest business on the weekends. I decided to have a slumber birthday party for my daughter on June 9 and the following is what happened:

When I arrived, I was asked how many would be staying in the room. I replied 2 adults and 4 children. I mentioned that I was having an additional 3 children stopping by, but that they were not going to stay. I was charged an additional $30 fee and only given a 1 free drink coupon instead of two because I was having the extra 3 children. It would be helpful if these rules were posted on their online reservation website so that folks are aware of the conditions.

Bathroom: The bathroom was grungy. I stayed in room 232 and the bathroom tiles looked as if they had not been cleaned in weeks. The shower curtain was also ripped and the paint in the tub was peeling. I realized this too late and did not bother to report it. We had settled into the room and I did not want any disturbances as there was too much going on.

Pool: The pool was over crowded and the pool manager/guard was overzealous with his whistle. In a way its great that they have a guard as in the past, parents just let their kids run wild. But in this case, the kids were just having fun and he just liked blowing that whistle. He could have been friendlier. He was a bit too aggressive, especially the way he stationed himself in the atrium afterwards.

Staff: The staff was friendly. I had no issues whatsoever.

Room: The room had a nice TV (think it was a Samsung). It looked like a 32", not sure. We were able to hook up the Wii to it, so that was great. There were 2 double beds and everything was nicely laid out. The A/C worked great. The mini-fridge did not have a freezer. The room door definitely needs a door strip or something to keep light from seeping in. The hallways are very bright as they are open and look down into the atrium. We had to put towels on the bottom of the door to filter the light. Also, in the morning, there was a lot of noise. Our room was just over the balcony where the breakfast takes place. As it got crowded, it got noisier. I didn't get much sleep.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay except for the issues noted above. If you are given room 232, request another room away from the light and noise. If you are stuck with the room, check the bathroom. I have pictures that I will see if I can upload later. I ended up paying $224 for a room with a dirty bathroom, high noise level and overcrowded pool so I'm not sure if I'd want to stay here again, especially since I was nickeled and dimed. I will have to see how I feel.

Oh, and btw, I read on another review that it's across the street from the bus stop. It is not! I live in Parsippany and you would have to walk to Route 46 and cross Route 46. It is dangerous. You can drive to the bus stop. The stop by the Marshall's has a no parking policy for those taking the bus to NYC. There is another bus stop down the road near the Post Office. You can park there. If you drive, you can only go in a certain direction and so the stop is about 3/4 mile from the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. Don't stay in room 232
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I read the other reviews and they were mostly accurate. The hotel is older but okay for the rate. Breakfast was great as usual for Embassy. On thursday night the crowd was standard business people. On Friday the weekend crowd showed up. Pool was noisy from a birthday party and not very pleasant. Gets quiet later. Staff was nice and overall was a good value.

• Stayed June 2012
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was a very nice place to stay. I was there for 8 days. I was always treated very well. The breakfast was the best. Every morning hot and fresh. I would highly recommend the omelet bar!! That guy knows his stuff!! The managers reception was also very nice. It was a great way to end the long work day. My room was very quiet and the televisions were great and great channel selections too! Room service was great and fast! I recommend the filet!! One of the best filets I have ever had.

Room Tip: The top two floors are the executive floors and I would recommend getting a room on one of these flo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I love Embassy Suites, mostly for their yummy breakfast, but also for their manager's reception, spacious rooms, and comfy beds. This one did seem a bit older, but the best part was that even though it appeared full, I never heard any of my neighbors. Apparently in NJ, you are only allowed to give out one free drink, so the manager's reception was not typical, but the breakfast was good, as always. My only recommendation, no matter how hungry you are, do not eat at the hotel restaurant (Bistecca) - not good...not good at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Staff was kind, the air condition was broken and the door but they fixed it and took half off the room charge on my bill. I waited a great while before the manager came out to speak with me but I felt he was fair.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Parsippany NJ? Share your experiences!