“A visit home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Vero Beach, Florida
“A visit home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went home (NJ) to visit for my nephew's graduation. The location of the hotel is on a major highway and within walking distance to Wendy's and a supermarket. Other than that you might want to have a car. There is plenty to do and eat east & west of the hotel if you have a car. Every thing you could imagine(all eateries, fast food to fine dining, all major retailers, etc) within 5-10 minutes driving distance. The hotel is tucked away behind the Hiltons and can't be seen from the highway. Look for the Hilton and you will find the Hampton Inn. The hotel was clean and quiet even with what appeared to be a conference going on. There was ample parking. The room itself was what you would get at any Hampton Inn so I was pleased. The room didn't have a refrigerator (bummer) as I was traveling with an infant and needed to keep his milk cold. I put my name on a waiting list and 4 days later still no refrigerator! Very inconvenient and costly. There are 2 pools, 1 indoor and 1 outdoor. Both very clean and relaxing. They are shared with the Hiltons and surprisingly they were never crowded. They gave out tix for breakfast which was weird but I assumed it was because they didn't want the Hiltons guest coming over. Seemed odd that no one ever asked for the tix though. Breakfast was average. Your normal Hampton Inn variety. The breakfast staff was not very friendly, no good morning at all! On the weekend I was told that the waffle maker was broken. Ironically it appeared on Monday...I'm sorry, 2 appeared! I'm sure they both couldn't have been broken at the same time...hmmmm! This was disappointing as I always book a hotel with breakfast so that I can have breakfast, not just muffins & coffee. Despite the few disappointments, I enjoyed my stay. I didn't get to try Ruth and Chris but I will next time for sure. My coming back will have a lot to do with the amenities and eateries at the Hilton.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Good Morning DivaLusy - Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I appreciate all the tips for other travelers about our local area. I would like to mention that we also offer a shuttle within a 3 mile radius where you will find a number of excellent restaurants to choose from without needing a vehicle. I 'm very happy our team took such great care of you and you found everything very clean and relaxing. I do apologize over the weekend we weren't able to utilize our waffle irons due to a failed breaker that powers them. This was corrected Sunday afternoon which is why they were in use again on Monday. I do hope you took advantage of all our other offerings from our hot items, to the cereals, yogurts, fruits, breads and pastries, or the oatmeal. I also apologize about not being able to provide you with a refrigerator during your stay with us. As you noted there was a convention going on and our hotel has a limited supply of portable refrigerators which were all in use. Hopefully the next time you come back we will have one available for rent, especially after you go to Ruth's Chris next door... you'll need it for what you can't finish! Thank you again for your review and helpful tips - we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a clean, well kept hotel that seems to be either new or recently remodeled. The staff were terrific on sign in. This was just a place to sleep on a long road trip but turned out to be a really nice property. Wold recommend this and would choose to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear VrmtTraveler - Thank you so much for the great review and positive comments! I'm so glad although you found us on your road trip by accident; we were able to take care of you now and for future visits to the area! Our team is a great team but it always nice when someone takes the time to recognize them for what they do - so thank you! Enjoy the rest of your summer and maybe we'll get to see you again soon... Safe Travels!
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. Check-in was easy and the staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Unlike Courrtyards, breakfast is free, which is nice. All in all a good stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear TDHDMD - Thank you for your review of our hotel! Clean & Friendly are fantastic words we love hearing about our hotel! When you add in comfortable and that we're a great value too, what more could you ask for? That means we are firing on all cylinders to take care of you... so thank you for the kind words! Hope to have you back with us again soon... be well!
Brooklyn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses and had a wonderful time. The accomodation were great and the staff were very courteous. The location was good for shopping and eating out at restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Brenda G – Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us over your convention weekend! I am so glad you enjoyed everything and that our team took such great care of you while here. I’m also happy you were able to explore a little of the area and found our local restaurants to be just what you were looking for. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to hosting your convention again, we enjoyed having you here!
San Ramon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is always clean and the staff very helpful. I have stayed several times on business. I prefer this hotel to the Hilton next door because of the free breakfast and price. I really don't see a big difference. I am still able to earn Hilton points at this hotel. Everytime I come to this area I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jeannine S – Thank you for writing how we have become your home away from home while in NJ! As there are many hotel choices in the area, I’m glad to know our team is what keeps you coming back! (And earning those points) Safe travels and see you again soon!
Newburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel was modern, clean, and staff was very friendly and helpful. The lots were all situated in a way that you did not have to walk too far to the entrance. The lobby was clean, bright and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Lorenzo L - As a hotel guy, I love to hear what our travelers have to say about their experience. Clean, very friendly, welcoming and convenient are all great starts - so thank you for letting us know! I am very lucky to have such an awesome team that takes such great care of our guests! Thank you again for your review - Safe Travels!
WV, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

You are isolated and somewhat feel trapped by the available food choices--expensive steak house on premises or loud and open air bar. Otherwise pack up and head down the road somewhere several miles. Bed was great, breakfast was also good. Indoor and outdoor pools available but shared with the adjoining hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Good Morning Jill C - Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I'm sorry you felt we didn't meet your expectations with food choices. I can understand as we're located in a business park, how you may think the only choices for lunch or dinner would be next door to the attached Hilton Hotel. As a Hampton Inn - we are fortunate to have these options available to us for folks who do not want to venture off site where most Hampton's wouldn't have any food options after morning breakfast service. Although we might seem isolated as you indicated, we actually have a number of fine restaurants only moments away. We also have a recommendation list that is broken down by price point as well as cuisine to offer variety and choices for our guest's. I am happy that we were able to provide you with a "great bed", breakfast experience, and friendly service! Thank you again and travel safe!

Been to Hampton Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!