“Good Location, Typical Hilton Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Good Location, Typical Hilton Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you're on a business trip in the general area, then this is a good bet for a hotel. It's right off 287 and is an easy drive to some of the larger corporate campuses, especially if you'll be going to a Verizon office. The hotel is typical of a Hilton-owned hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice facilities (gym, pool). No restaurant inside the hotel (there is room service), but it's connected to a Hilton which houses a Ruth's Chris. I also found restaurants in the area that do deliver for no charge to the hotel. There are some retail shops within a mile. I saw everything from a grocery store to a Barnes and Noble. i.e. really everything you need is close while not being in the middle of a highly-concentrated retail area. I am going back and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Good Evening CMarret! Thank you for taking the time to write and comment on your experience with us. I so happy you found our facility and team to be top notch! I'm also glad you were able to find us easily off of the highways as sometimes folks miss us being tucked in behind the Hilton. Sounds as if either you found your own way around or our shuttles were able to take you to all your sites... Thanks again for the review and please stop by and introduce yourself next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Room was very clean and spacious. Front desk staff were very helpful.

Breakfast was a notch above typical mid-range hotel food. Several options, including eggs, as well as fresh pastries and donuts. You could also make yourself a Beligan waffles, which is great. They also had a variety of gourmet coffees available.

Fruit is available throughout the day.

The hotel is also connected to the Hilton. Which mean you can access their restaurants etc.

A major bonus is that you can use the Hilton facilities while staying at the Hampton Inn. There is a small gym and even an indoor pool, as well as a hot tub.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good Evening move360 - Thank you for taking the time and writing such a positive review about your experience with us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team so they may see the impact they have on our guests. We look forward to having you visit with us next time you're in the area! Until then - safe travels...
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights when our son got married December 15. We booked 2 connecting rooms. With all the hubbub the night of the rehearsal we didn't realize til the first morning that one of the rooms did not have a shower curtain. Fortunately we had allowed extra time and we all used the shower in the one room. While we were away the day of the wedding they did some repairs to a room down the hall and the odor was very strong as soon as we stepped off the elevator and got stronger as we approached our room. The odor didn't reach into our room. My husband and one son used the pool which was in the Hilton. He described the pool as small and said that the hot tub was only warm. Breakfasts were the typical Hampton Inn fair. No complaints there. Some of us gathered in the breakfast area after the wedding reception. It was a nice place to just sit together and talk and some of our group played a fairly robust card game. The Hampton is attached to the back of the Hilton. When you enter the parking lot you think you have made a wrong turn. Go to the right of the Hilton to the back and you will see the Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Gardener19464 - Congratulations on your son's wedding! Thank you for choosing to share your special occasion with us. My apologies about the missing shower curtain upon your check in. As you noted an odor when arriving to your floor - it was due to our bathtub refinishing project. It appears we neglected to hang the new curtain once your tub was completed. I'm glad to know this didn't cause any challenges for the wedding. Thank you for the postive comments and ratings! We look forward to having you the next time you come to the area! Happy New Year and Safe Travels!
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I found this hotel to be just OK. The TV in the room did not get many channels (no ESPN), and those that did come in were not too clear. I also did not find the front desk staff to helpful. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and I was told Ruth Chris in the attached Hilton. While that is a great place, I asked if there was anything else around. She just gave me a list. A little more personalized attention would have be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Barmach - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My apologies for the impression left by our Front Desk team. We will usually recommend our sister facility next door as an option as I'm sure you will understand, However, we are always willing to recommend based upon what our guest is in the mood for. We have a number of excellent choices in our area, so my apologies for our team not communicating that properly. As for our ESPN content, if you wouldn't mind contacting me directly to advise what room you were in to see if there is a problem with reception I would like to check it out. We have over 25 channels and ESPN carries 5 of them and 2 in HD. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to see you again while in the area!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you stay here perhaps you have to remember you are staying in a 2 or 3 star resort. However, even in a 2 or 3 star it seems simple to inspect the room before giving it to a guest. The first room had "red" stains on the white sheets and was missing the toilet paper holder insert. I hate switching rooms but the red stains really was quite disgusting. The second room has paint peeling off the ceiling in the shower, black mold on the caulking, and wall paper coming off the wall. Again, a simple inspection and 20 minutes of labor would fix this. The check in was quick and without information. The clerk was very friendly, good eye contact and great smile. But just handed me the keys. No direction to the room or restaurant. I walked around the building only to discover that I could have walked through the warm hallways. I would not stay here again. I would happily pay a few extra $ and stay at a better hotel. If your standards are low and your budget is tight, then this may be ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Prupas44 - Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your room and that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our front desk and housekeeping teams who will work harder to ensure any service challenges or conditions like these are not missed moving forward. I am always looking for candid reviews such as yours to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are some of our top priorities! Thank you again for your feedback and trust you would give us another opportunity and experience an improved quality of comfort and service the next time your travels bring you to the area. Until then, safe travels!
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A real mixed bag here, with some positives and negatives for this 2 1/2 star property. I got this via Priceline for a 2-day business stay.

Check-in was quick and efficient (although I initially went to the wrong lobby -- the Hilton and Hampton are adjacent to each other, even connected inside by hallways. The Hampton lobby entrance is on the north side of the complex. If you arrive at the parking lot from the west and park in that U-shaped area to the right of the HAMPTON INN building, then go in the only entrance there, you too will probably end up in the Hilton lobby...) Maybe there was signage directing me to the Hampton Inn lobby, but it was late and I didn't notice it if so.

The good: The rooms are very spacious. Bigger than most for properties in this category. The TV was a nice HD flat screen, and the picture quality was good & channel selection more than adequate. I love the big desk in the room -- easy to "spread out" my work. The internet WiFi connection worked flawlessly and speed & signal were good. The water in the shower was nice & HOT (too hot, if anything -- I'm used to turning the handle all the way to "H" then backing off to find the right temperature. Doing that nearly burned my hand!) The mattresses were comfortable, and pillows of decent quality for a hotel in this category.

The bad: In general, just a lack of attention to detail. The worst thing I noticed was the mold in the bathroom - spots all over the ceiling, mold around/above the bathtub caulk, etc. It's not like this just popped up a few days ago -- it was significant enough that it had to have been there for months (which tells me they must know about it and choose to ignore it - no way something like this can "slip by" that long.) The air flow in the bathroom is poor, which I'm sure explains the mold (there's a vent on the wall, but no real circulation and no fan in the ceiling to help.) Other "detail" issues were minor, like fixtures mounted so far away from "straight" that you wonder what the person was thinking when they put them up -- light fixtures mounted 20 degrees crooked (screwed in to the wall that way, so no possibility for guests to straighten them if they wanted), the toilet tank noticeably sloping to the right, etc., On top of that, some peeling wallpaper, poorly aligned doors, etc. On a more positive note, the TV remote in my room had a channel change button that was sticking terribly (very cumbersome to surf through the channels.) I left a note on the bed when I left in the morning and a new remote was there for me when I returned. Service was great but maintenance definitely seems to be lacking.

A few comments on other amenities. I saw some positive comments on the breakfast in other reviews, but I wasn't all that impressed. The scrambled eggs on day 1 were overcooked (tiny little balls, impossible to pick up with the plastic forks -- I had to get a spoon just so I could get something to my mouth) and the sausage (I think? ...but it tasted more like bologna) was uninspiring. The breakfast on day 2 wasn't much better, with ham (very chewy) plus cheese omelets (the pre-made ones that you sometimes find at other cheap hotels) and potatoes. The oatmeal on both days was extremely watery. On the positive side, the bagels and other bakery items were fresh and there was actually a pretty nice selection of donuts on day 2. The juice & coffee were good. At least 1 employee was always present and kept everything refreshed and clean. The area was quite large and there were ample tables and TV's so you could catch up on the news while you were eating. Still, I've stayed at 2 star (and even 1 star) properties with better quality breakfasts -- this wasn't a highlight for me, it was just "okay."

The pool was very nice (it's actually at the Hilton, but your Hampton room key gets you in.) It was much larger than usual (long enough to swim some laps if you want) and the hot tub was nice, warm and relaxing. Both times I went it was well-stocked with towels. 5-star on the pool facilities! I didn't use the fitness area, but it looked nice as well. The only complaint I'd have is that if you follow the signs to get there, you'll probably never find the indoor pool. It's tucked back behind a bar and reception area and not really visible from the open lobby (in fact, there was a reception there on the first night and I would have NEVER thought to walk right around that large group of people to find the pool.) On the positive side, once I found it I realized that there's a back way to get there. When you enter the Hilton from the Hampton, take a left and walk all the way around through those hallways rather than going straight. You'll end up at the other end of the pool (there's an entrance door there too) but can enter without having to go through any public areas. If you look like I do in a bathing suit, you'll appreciate that tip!

There's ample (free) parking and a well-lit lot. It's pretty easy to get to, although for some reason my Magellan told me I arrived while I was still on Route 10 and didn't know how to get me to Hilton Court (which requires getting off of Route 10, either before or after you pass the hotel.) Not a problem if it's daytime, as you'll see it and figure things out, but maybe confusing if you arrive at night. Anyway, just use something other than Magellan and I'm sure it will give you accurate directions (LOL). it's very convenient to nearby highways, and the noise levels in the room were very low - not an issue at all.

Overall a mixed bag with some pluses and minuses.

Room Tip: On the first floor, there's an exit (with a few parking spots right there!) and if you want to b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear KS070 - Thank you for such a detailed review of our hotel, I appreciate all the feedback! I certainly apologize you had an up and down stay with us. In reading your comments, I came away with more positives on an overall experience than not, so thank you for stating both. I also am going to take your feedback directly to my team so we may all better understand where are challenges lie and how to resolve them. I'm very happy you were able to enjoy our On The House Breakfast. Although some of our hot items were not to your liking, I'm glad to know you were able to find other items to start you off on the right foot! We always look for ways to better serve our guest's and I belive direct feedback is the most accurate way to do this. Please feel free to contact the hotel or e-mail me at michael.deutsch@hilton.com if there is anything else I may do to make your stay more enjoyable the next time you come to town. Thank you again for the feedback! Happy Holidays...
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was out of state when the NJ hurricane was predicted. In preparation, I called and booked a room at the Hampton. However, when I arrived home it was too dangerous to be on the roads so I contacted the hotel and asked if they could keep my reservation for the upcoming days. The girl was very nice and promised to check me in so I didn't lose the reservation but said I would have to pay for the night. NO PROBLEM, I said. That night we lost power. The next day we ventured onto the roads despite the fact that Parsippany police had prohibited traffic on on any town roads. Unfortunately, the hotel had also lost power. Someone could have called me in advance to warn me, but they didn't. The hotel let me out of my subsequent room nights, but still charged me for the first night, despite the fact that they actuallly lost power before I did at 11 pm. Over $200 for a room I didn't sleep in and, if I had actually stayed there, would have only had power for a few hours. The GM told me they weren't running a shelter so I had to pay. That's fine, but they could have at least given me a discount. Not only did they not have to clean my room, but I didn't have access to a warm shower, free breakfast, heat or the Internet. Just bad manners if you ask me. Fortunately I was able to locate a cheaper place with a suite nearby that had excellent service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear cbosch2003 - I am very sorry for your recent experience with us in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. As I'm sure you would agree, the situation around our area was very abnormal. As you indicated, you accepted understanding for payment of your guest room even though you would not be staying in it to ensure you had a place to stay post storm impact. As we accommodated your request, we subsequently turned away many others without power and/or homes seeking a room. As you decided to find alternative accommodations, we certainly understood the changing dynamics of the situation and had no hesitation in letting anyone change their original plans. I'm glad you were able to find alternate arrangements in the area and hope you will accept my apologies for the unfortunate circumstances. Thank you and safe travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#5 of 17 in Parsippany
4.0 of 5 stars 409 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany

Been to Hampton Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!