“Nice hotel, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Interpace Pkwy, Parsippany, NJ 07054   |
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Parsippany
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week. Nothing bad to say. The rooms are big with a nice kitchen area and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Comfy beds, nice bathroom.
It is quite a long way from NYC. There is a bus stop close to a shopping mall, but do not miss the last bus at night or you will pay a great deal of money on a cab!
There is a TGI Fridays not too far away too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 60 nights during 2010 (it was a staybridge hotel back then) rooms are ok for long term stays and business travel since they all have full kitchens and fridges and a nice working desk with Ethernet port, get a rental car because there is no shops/retail stores near the hotel (there is a bank/atm crossing the street)

Room was OK a bit aged but clean, cleaning service was daily on weekdays and if requested they will come on weekends too.

Room Tip: Get a rental car!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lake Luzerne, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Spent 2 nights while visiting our children for the Holidays. We travel with a small dog, and the hotel was very accommodating. Nicely set up room. Wonderful to have the small kitchen. The first floor room was perfect to get in and out to walk the dog, plus it wasn't far from the coffee and breakfast area. They had a nice little park like setting to walk our dog. Will definitely stay there again. My only suggestion to the hotel if they continue to accept dogs would be a doggy bag station across in the grassy area for guests unlike me who don't pick up after their pet.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the first floor with the dog.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were in Parsippany due to soccer tournament, and once we found out we had a 745 am game, decided to stay over the night before so didnt have to get up so early the next day. Booked on Monday for Saturday night and got a rate of 99 for a King Suite (king bed in room, pull out coach in den). Breakfast was included, but it didnt start until 7 am and we were out the door by then (we were able to grab a bagel, the people setting up the buffet were very cool about it).

Room was fine, had described beds, long counter in den, frig, little stove, some pots and pans, etc. Just used frig to keep water and gatorades cold. Even with lots of soccer kids running around, hotel was quiet enough at night. Little wait for elevators (two), but not so much.

would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

WOW! We received a great deal for this property through Priceline and was blown away.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who offered us some fresh brownies and checked us in very promptly. The front desk clerk also alerted us to a nice light dinner being served with complimentary beer/wine/soda and appetizers. It was wonderful!

We were in a suite with two comfy double beds. The suite came with a complete kitchen (stove, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, utensils/plates and the works!). They even gave us free popcorn for the microwave. There was a nice couch/chair in the living room. Both the living/bed room came with TVs and cable boxes (the nice ones with the guides). There was also a DVD player in the living area.

The next morning we were treated to a hot breakfast, which was pretty good!

Although we didn't use it, we saw a nice buisness centre with computers/printers. There was free wifi in the rooms which was great.

The location of the hotel is great. About 40 minutes out of NYC. The immediate location offers close access to the highway. The hotel is in a 'industrial park' across from Time Warner if i recall correctly. We needed to do some shopping and there were two big malls within about a 10-15 minute drive.

The only real downside of the hotel was the bathroom. The sink was located outside of a room with a toilet/tub. I understand that this may be appealing to some because it allows someone to be getting ready at the mirror while someone else is showering, however, my personal preference would be to have it all together. Not a big deal though...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Waterbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

so this was our second visit to this location and last first the stove top didnt work so they wanted to move us but we were traveling with 4 kids one under 1 and 3 adults all unpacked we didnt want to do it again so tired from travel so we cooked down the hall in a vacant room then the garbage disposal didnt work the front desk said they didnt have anyone working so we went the rest of our stay with a stinky clogged up kitchen sink i wrote an email to the company and months later i recieved a apology letter no phone call no coupon..... so never staying there again bad service....... they dont care........ meanies

Room Tip: check everything in your room before u unpack :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Let's see, booked room online at Staybridge Suites well in advance. Arrived at hotel and I asked if the room was what i had booked they assured me it was. Well i get to the room and it wasn't, did they not think I would notice? After a discussion I was told nothing else is available and booking online only gets a room and can't guarantee type. Really? My son would have to sleep on a pullout. Anyway go back to room and it was pretty dingy. I use the tvs to decide when a hotel was last updated, well welcome to the 90's complete with CRT tv's. Then I discover only one tv works out of three in the room the rest don't.Great, go back to the front desk and they blame the cable company,nothing they can do. Apparently the cable company is doing an upgrade, didn't I read the memo in the room? So I look at the memo and note it was dated some time ago. Here's a thought, call the cable company they will fix it, don't BS me like I am a dummy. Next, I get up in the morning, the showerhead sprays everywhere but at me. What does a showerhead cost? I know, I know, not much. Oh and the water, lukewarm at best. So then I go down for breakfast. Now it starts at 6:30 and it was 6:15, so I figured I would get a coffee. Upon arrival I notice people eating, so i figure I would get something. I get yelled at. This while people around me continued going up and getting food, just none for me. Here's a tip on how to cook powdered eggs, don't just put in a pan and overcook. They come out looking like plastic and have the same consistency. Try stirring them when in the oven. So any how I check out around 9 am they ask me how my stay was, well I described the above. The tattooed woman behind the desk tells me the manager is not in (what a surprise) but she will have him call me. I am still waiting, when the phone dont ring I will know it's him. Stay at the Hyatt Summerfield. Oh, one last thing, they don't clean the rooms until you leave.

Room Tip: stay at Hyatt Summerfield.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear irishdeal,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for your tips on cooking eggs, we will pass this to the correct department. Also we are and extended stay hotel. We do not offer daily housekeeping and don't advertise to. We clean your room weekly. If you are staying less than a week, we will clean it after you check out.

I truly am sorry for the problems you encountered while staying with us.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany? Share your experiences!