“Wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Parsippany-East

You added HYATT house Parsippany-East to your Saves list
HYATT house Parsippany-East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Smith Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Parsippany)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a wonderful time here. Staff were friendly and professional.

Hotel room was VERY large and clean. There is a happy hour for the guests also between 5:30 & 7pm. Free wifi also was a nice to have

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently traveled to NJ for a family reunion. I stayed at the Hyatt house Parsippany for the weekend.
I was not disappointed with this hotel. It matched the reviews very well. I agreed, the hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and well equipped with kitchen, a sofa bed, wifi, flat screen TV. The bed and pillows were too firm for my taste. The breakfast needs improvement. No omelet station, only scramble eggs from a box. I asked for a boiled egg, but they did not have it. I had fruits and coffee which was good.
The shuttle service does not run during the weekends, so walking is limited to the nearby grounds since there are no sidewalks to nearby shopping center.
The lobby was being remodeled, it looks like it is going to be very nice. I noticed that there was a fireplace.
Definitely I will stay in this hotel again. I already recommended it to other family members that travel with children.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here for the first time as part of a business trip. I loved my stay. The receptionist on arrival was very friendly and helpful.

The room was large with a kitchen which means you can cook for yourself and they sell food in their shop next to reception.

The great thing about this place is there is a happy hour between 5.30 and 7 pm with free food and alcohol. This is great.

Also free breakfast and wifi.

Really liked it here and I will return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

After 5 years of staying next door at the Sheraton, Parsippany, for our annual weekend conference, we decided to check out on Thursday and stay at the Hyatt House for the duration. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, clean and nicely equipped with a full fridge, cook top, sink, and dishwasher, a nice change from the rooms at the Sheraton, which don't even offer a fridge to keep the two $4 bottles of spring water they leave in your room cold.

It was very quiet when we stayed and the grounds and lobby seem well kept also. The one gripe I have is about the complimentary breakfast...Besides the fruit and yogurt, I was very disappointed. I wouldn't necessarily call this a "buffet" but even with the limited selections, I found the quality of some of the items, sub par. The hash browns were just really bad. So, I suggest some improvements in that department, but you do have the choice to cook in your room.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this property recently for a business trip. It was a perfect property for such a trip. The rooms were spacious, well equipped and clean. The opportunity to have breakfast and a light dinner is brilliant because there are limited restaurants in the area. I would come back to this property without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We, family of 4, had a great time at Hyatt House, Parsipanny. We stayed for almost 3 weeks in May. Staff was always very helpful and courteous, Abby, Lewis, Kevin & Max- thank you for your hospitality. The room was spacious and clean. The kitchenette was fully functional and more than served our needs. Kids felt at home in Room 214. Good breakfast and evening social spread.
We found the laundromat very efficient and convenient.
We would definitely like to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 214 is comfortable with a relatively good view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We go to New Jersey regularly to visit our daughter who goes to college there. We have stayed in a lot of hotels, and I believe the Hyatt House on Smith Road was one of the cleanest I have ever been to. The sheets were fresh and clean, even the ones in the pullout bed. The beds were just the right firmness. The room we were in had a nice kitchenette, which was also very clean. The front desk person, Luis, was very helpful and nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!