“Amiya WILL make me eat Indian outside of the house!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Parsippany NJ
“Amiya WILL make me eat Indian outside of the house!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Recently visited Amiya.Totally loved the whole ambience and thoughtful details. The food was delish with great names to go with and the service was extremely prompt. Being an Indian I practically cook Indian food everyday and seldom eat Indian food out because of no novelty. But that was before Amiya. Never seen such an extensive Seafood variety on a Indian restaurant menu and I am So-ooo loving it. Plan to return soon with more friends!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stamford, Connecticut
“Perfectly balanced flavors, very fresh ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The quick summary. This is probably one of the best Indian restaurants you will find in all of NJ. I am an Indian...and so my taste buds are honed in to what things are supposed to taste like.

I tried out their veg signature dishes...ample portions of delicious vegetable dishes...and perfect presentation.

Now to correct some of the other misconceptions...the service was perfectly fine when I was there with many servers and the food coming out very quickly. One of the server even offered to get something made mild from the kitchen when my toddler found buffet chicken curry little spicy. I declined but was really impressed by their effort to make it a good dining experience for us...

Looking at the decor I do feel they take good care both outside and in the kitchen and I do not mind spending a dollar more for the food I know is coming fresh from a well maintained kitchen.

I would definitely go there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Extremely Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had the worst Customer Service. The waiter seemed in a rush. They not only screwed our order but also a table behind us with party of 10. The Appetizers were delayed 30 mins and the food was very dull. We had asked for 4 spicy dish and one non-spicy for a little baby and they reversed it. The Manager had no Manners. It felt like he was doing us a favor. Extremely disappointed and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montville, New Jersey, USA
“Lousy service and food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went to lunch. They said thay have only buffet. I was forced to eat buffet. Buffet containers mostly were empty. Salad trays were never refilled. Food was not cooked properly, may be becasue of the hurry to fill them. I asked for coffee and they said there is no coffee. They forced Tea on me. I expected Indian Tea, but ended up with instant tea with lot of milk for $3.00 per cup.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Great Decor, great envrionment, Food..so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We went to Amiya for a family celebration. The Decor, the envrionment is very very good. The non alcoholic drinks were very good as well. The appetizers were good but small servings. The food, we ordered vegeterian, was okay. You can take someone to impress, its pricey too. Overall, due to the entrees i would rate it a 4 instead of 5.

• Visited April 2012