“No charm, not nice” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Williamsburg, Virginia
“No charm, not nice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a motel, not a hotel. All rooms are from the outside. I was given a 2nd floor smoking room. I asked if could have a 1st floor as I have Fibromyalgia which means chronic back pain. Also, I am an ex-smoker and really do not like the smell of old smoke. When I explained this to Will who was the front desk clerk he said there was nothing he could do in spite of the fact that there WERE other rooms available. He said because I booked thru hotels.com the computer could not allow me to move (unless I payed for a second room - I would sooner have gone elsewhere, anywhere....) He was also showed NO SYMPATHY for my distress after i spent the last 8 hours in car driving from South Virginia. Furthermore it was Christmas Eve, but still he felt no idea to be accommodating. I was clearly very upset and Will showed no kindness or care. So basically, it's ugly, the room took about an hour for the heat to kick in,(temp was in the high 20s) Will was unkind, the soda in the vending machine is $2.50, the tv had 7 stations (in total) and due to the smokey air it was dirty and I felt like I was at a place where couples come for one or two hours. My husband was not with me and begged me to leave telling me just lose the money but my back ached so at that point I did not feel safe getting back in the car and it was just for 2 night.. GO ELSEWHERE! ANd to the Red Roof Inn, due to the number of people who are out of work...you will have NO PROBLEM finding someone with better customer service skills than will!

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Elizabeth c,

I am sorry that your stay was not as expected. But Wil was correct; we are unable to make any changes to any Merchant Model or Online 3rd Party Vendor which as you stated was Hotels.com.
The only thing that can be done is book you a new room and you would have to cancel your reservation with the vendor to get your refund, as they are the ones that have taken your credit card information and we receive theirs in return for billing.
If you had booked with Red Roof Inn directly by calling 1-800-Red Roof or through Red Roof.com we would have been able to change any room to your liking and have been able to better accommodate you.
You also stated that we are a motel and not a hotel and only offer 8 television stations, but I wanted to clear up the misconception. We are in fact an Economy Hotel which offers a great stay for a great price and we have 28 channels from HBO, Sports, News, and many of the major Stations for free, plus pay per view options for our guests.
When you do ask for a first floor room we will always do our best to accommodate. But keep in mind we offer 11 different room types and only a few of each are on the first floor, thus the reason why we can only offer all preferences as requests and never a guarantee.
In the future please make sure that you look over your confirmation that you receive from the vendor that you book with or call the hotel directly to make sure that what your booking is correct, this will save a lot of issues and will guarantee no surprises when you come to check in.

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Colchester, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had been traveling all day and specifically looked for the closest Red Roof Inn to lay our weary heads. We usually stay at Red Roofs as they are affordable and the rooms are typically pretty decent. However, last night was the exception. We reserved a king superior room over the phone and got in after midnight. My partner went to check us in and there was a puddle of pee in the lobby (hopefully this was dog pee, but not a great start regardless). When we opened the door we were greeted by two tiny double beds instead of a king but decided to make the best of it because it was late and we were tired. When I went into the bathroom there was a puddle on the floor from a leaking and dirty pipe behind the toilet. The carpet was dirty and we were afraid to walk without our shoes. When we pulled the covers back on one of the beds the sheets were covered in all different kinds of hair and then my partner noticed that there was blood on the sheet as well. Luckily the other bed seemed okay and we slept on that with barely room for both of us. The next day when we considered showering, the soap in the shower had been opened and used and left there and the tub was filthy.

This experience is not typical of our stays at Red Roof Inns and unfortunately has left a bitter taste in our mouths for the Parsipanny location. What a shame.

• Stayed December 2013
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Sgraffe,

I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. When booking a room on line or over the phone our system or Guest Service Representative will hold exactly what it is you book and offer a confirmation number of your reservation. Due to me not having your complete reservation information I cannot offer a complete explanation of what transpired, but it may be that due to your late arrival your reservation was cancelled after our 6PM or 8PM courtesy hold. If your reservation was held with a credit card which is the only way we guarantee late arrival the system will hold exactly what you made your reservation for.

We take the cleanliness of our Inn very seriously and if a pet makes a puddle or a guest spills coffee or tea from our coffee bar on the floor or walk ways, we clean it up immediately. As for the room I am very sorry that it did not meet our or your expectations. I would only hope that you had reported the issue to our front desk staff upon entering the room or when noticed as we would have moved you to another room, or done everything possible to change the bitter taste as you stated you had with our Inn.

If you have a moment please feel free to contact me so I may look into this matter a little further for you and to offer a much better explanation of your booking issue, as well as the room you were in so I can be sure that my housekeeper is aware of his or her oversight.

Your feedback whether good or bad helps us to improve where needed and know when we are doing a great job.

Sincerely Yours,
973-334-3737
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this weekend at this motel. Location wise this place is great, but their service sucks.
The bed was "dirty"; we could see dirt and hair on the sheets all over. There was dust on almost all furniture. The floor carpet was not vacuum cleaned and the washbasin was a mini swimming pool. It took hours for the water to drain off.
I will not prefer to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear DnSbasak,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn,
and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with the best quality for the price. Our helpful and friendly staff are always willing and eager to help our guests.

We inspect each room daily to make sure that it is guest ready, but if you ever encounter an issue with your room in the future, please call our front desk and we will gladly move you to another room that would be more suitable for you. I again thank you for bringing this to my attention as all of our guests feed back whether good or bad helps us to improve where we may have failed and also shows us how well we are doing.

We hope that you will give us another try in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Been staying here for a few weeks now when I come down to Parsippany for work. Decent rooms for the price you pay. The superior King room has a mini-refrigerator and a microwave oven which helps during 3-4 days stay.

Rooms are clean and staff is polite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear pr0d1gy,

Thank you for your recent review. We offer many different room types to meet all of our travelers needs. All of which come with hairdryers, iron & ironing boards and brand new mattresses. The Superior King which you stated in your review is by far the most spacious and popular and it does come with a microwave and small refrigerator as well as in room coffee and tea. We are only getting better and coming soon you will see a whole new look; which will include many more features and amenities.

Sincerely

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this inn several times. Each time I have a problem getting checked in. I'm a truck driver and my company makes the reservation and payment arrangements. Yet every time the inn has not recieved the third party autherization. It's as if the fax number is incorrect.

• Stayed November 2013
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear cjackd,

Our fax number has always been (973)-334-1984 and in order to try and make faxing easy we have even gone one step further and added a line dedicated for just the fax machine.

It is our company policy to not check anyone in until we do have authorization for the stay from the company or person allowing us to charge their credit card.This in the form of a 3rd Party Authorization Form and is used for the protection of all parties. We always recommend that you have the authorizing party send it the day before with a cover letter asking us to call and verify that we had received it, so as not to make anyone wait. This in fact will save time as our form does not allow anyone to put their entire credit card information down on it for their safety. You may also have authorizing party scan the form and they can send it via email and I will print it out for your stay at i0072@redroof.com.

We also have another consideration which I would be happy to assist you and your company with. It is what we call a direct bill account; where if accepted will allow you and anyone in the company to check in without the 3rd Party Auth at all or specific locations nationwide per your request. Please let me know if you would like further information and I will be sure to have someone from our sales department contact you immediately.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very Clean And Well Managed, Marsha At Front Desk Is A Wonderfully Nice Person, Reasonably Priced And Very Good Location, Other Motels In The Area Do Not Measure Up To This Facility.I Drive A Small Box Truck And This Location Has Plenty Of Room To Park.This Facility Is American Owned, That Helps In Many Areas.

Room Tip: First Floor A Little Easier To Get To
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Barb M,

Thank you for noticing our efforts. We strive everyday to give all of our guests the same experience as you have. We see our guests as an extension of our family and we want to make sure that all of you are delighted in your stay. Which in return will make you want to come back and see us time and time again.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff here is simply amazing! Dan, Marsha, and Guerda always greet you with a smile in the morning. Especially that Marsha! Anything you need they never hesitate. They are simply AMAZING people! This Inn is super accommodating. The room I stayed is was always spotless, fresh and clean. Adel the maid that was on my floor does an amazing job. This Red Roof is cozy and warm. Beds are very comfortable. If you ever have a problem the maintenance men are there in no time. I highly recommend this hotel! You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Chris K,

I must say that great reviews like yours with such positive input are always a comforting sight see.

We dedicate ourselves everyday to give the best customer service possible and it is our company's philosophy to make each and every guest feel Confident, Significant and Delighted. From the moment they book their room, to the moment we say good bye at check out. Our goal is to give every guest the "WOW" factor that they deserve and to keep them coming back to Red Roof Inn for years and years to come.
Thank you again; for your posting and I will be sure to share all your comments with the entire staff.

Sincerely Yours,

Daniel Gutierrez

Been to Red Roof Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!