We stayed at this hotel last fall (09/2007) on our way to New Jersey and were very pleased. The location was great - we were taking a cruise from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda the next afternoon. We paid around 70-80 for the night. The front desk staff were exceptionally nice - they even called into the room a few minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was alright. There were many places in the area to choose to eat from. We ate at the Longhorn steakhouse across the street (great Flo's filet!). Also, we noted a lot of guests were staying at this hotel in order to visit Manhattan. Apparently, it is only a 30 minute drive into Manhattan from this hotel (not bad if you want to save exorbitant NYC hotel costs).
The next day we make it to the cruise terminal fine. On the way back we stayed at another red roof inn - Secaucus, Meadowlands. This was also good. The area was safe (which was most important) and the hotel rooms were clean (but not as nice as the Parisipanny hotel). We were told there were easy bus routes into Manhattan from this hotel, but we used our Garmin and drove into Manhattan in 10 minutes (very easy). We went to the Met, had dinner, saw a play then returned to the hotel for the night. I would definitely recommend this hotel for which to see Manhattan with as many NYC hotels cost so much.
Anyhow, we chose these 2 places to stay after reading previous trip advisor reviews, so I thought I would add my experiences too.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Parsippany Hotel Parsippany
- Red Roof Inn Parsippany Hotel
- Parsippany Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free WiFi, spacious work areas in all rooms, free USA Today & coffee in lobby, complimentary parking, weekly rates available, 1 well behaved pet stays free, ADA accessible, iron/boards, restaurant and meeting space adjacent to hotel, knowledgeable caring staff. NEW YORK CITY is easily accessible via the Park & Ride at nearby large mall, nonstop buses leave every 30 minutes $15 R/T. Morristown, Meadowlands Sports Complex, Newark Airport, and 8 colleges all close-by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Parsippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.