“Will never stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 hotels in Parsippany
Wayne, New Jersey
“Will never stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

During the power outage in October, we booked a room. When we arrived, we were told there were no rooms available even though we have a reservation for the night. When we attempted to get our deposit back, we were told that we did not show up at the motel and they would not refund our money. The booking website has tried to get our deposit back, but the motel refuses to refund our money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was without power during the October storm and thought I'd be without a 2nd night
so my son looked online and this was the ONLY place available. It is about 5 minutes from
my house, but when I saw it I knew it wouldn't be my cup of tea, even cheap as it was.
They asked for my i/d. (standard) but they made a copy of it which I did NOT like but I decided I would ask for it back when I left the next morning. Thank goodness I had a room in the back away from Rt. 46 which probably would be quite noisy. The room was OPEN when I entered and I quickly checked to make sure no one was there. The tv was very old and small, the
bureau had one drawer missing and was probably vintage 70's (and not good 70's). The table
was banged up and old. The mirror in the 'dressing area' needed resilvering. The room SEEMED clean but the bed had no mattress protector (yuck!) and the sheets were both flat sheets and didn't fit well and came off in the night. The next morning I asked for my copy of my driver's license back and they said they 'keep it for their files.' I told them I would never be back. One of the men volunteered to cross out the i.d. number and I asked him to also cross out my birthdate. I told them I didn't understand why they needed to keep a copy since my credit card has a picture of myself on it. I probably would stay in my cold house if the power ever goews out again and this is the only thing available. Oh yeah, 1 teensy bar of soap, some kind of hideous packet of shampoo (I didn't use), no tv channel info (if you were unfamiliar to the area). This is as basic as it gets. I told my son in Brooklyn 'I feel like I'm waiting for my customer/s to arrive, if ya get my drift!'

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hayesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We have stayed 2 times at this motel. A week last year and 10 days this year. It is what it is. it is a budget motel. The room was clean but older and somewhat worn and dark. However the bathroom and bed was clean and usuable. The dresser had a stuck drawer and the other furniture was a bit used. The mattress could have been better. There was no where except the shower curtain rod to hang clothes. The A/C worked well. They brought us a mini frige in...it wasn't the best for looks but it kept soda and leftovers cold. The shampoo/soap were very inexpensive and sparse and the towels were standard white , thin and rough. On the other hand...the Guy at the desk was always willing to help and was pleasant. We had a nice desk and chair and free WIFI. We never felt unsafe or unclean. We got a great rate for the week and the location can't be beat. Very short trip to Bus Stop for NYC. Quick walk to Burger King. Nice (the best) Chinese/Japanese place across the street with great food and free delivery. I bought an end of season clearance set of towels at Wally World and a bath rug (total investment $10.00) and things were as nice as could be for the price. Next time I will bring my own FITTED sheet (it kept untucking). Don't expect anything but the basics...enjoy the great savings and spend more in NYC. Price for the week wouldn't cover 2 nights in NYC.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boonton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Where do I even begin? My fiance and I had only pulled into the parking lot when we realized that we might be in "trouble". The outdoor window screens were all crooked on EVERY window we could see. When he got the key, it was one of those keys with the big room number tag on it that hotels were using in the 50s. We entered the room to find completely stained and peeling off wallpaper. The mini-fridge had yellow stains in it and a huge "Pennzoil" sticker crookedly stuck to the top of it. The rug was severely stained. The sink was stained and badly chipped. The shower was dirty and had a cheap liner. There was a very thin door connecting our room to the next guest room locked only by one of those turn locks on the knob. The TV remotes batteries were being held in with scotch tape. The place was just outright FILTHY and everything looked like it hadn't been replaced for decades. I considered turning down the bedsheets and checking under the mattress but quickly turned that thought away out of fear of what I might find. We were there no more than 5-10 minutes before we split. Unfortunately, my fiance couldn't get a refund because we booked off of a third party website so we pretty much paid $70 for a 10 minute stay. I wish I had taken pictures to show. Stay CLEAR away!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Budget Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!