“Terrific recent remodel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Long Beach
“Terrific recent remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This Courtyard has been completely remodeled and updated since I was there a couple years ago. The rooms have completely new furnishings (carpets, drapes, desks, sofa, counters and sinks), and the lobby and hallways were also renovated. The bathroom counter area is very small, and typical of every older Courtyard in which I have stayed.

The remodel also resulted in removal of the traditional restaurant in favor of Courtyard's new Bistro offering. The Bistro is fine for lunch and dinner service, but gets overwhelmed at breakfast. On the Tuesday morning I was there, I experienced a line in which I counted approximately 12 parties waiting in line. Ironically, there is still a nice buffet area that they use for parties using their meeting rooms. Every morning I had to go back to the counter or ask the server for butter to put into my oatmeal, despite making the request when I placed my order. Self service breakfast buffets seem much more efficient for business travelers on a time schedule.

I also had a small service incident. My corporate room rate included breakfast. However, my bill for the last day was revised after check-out to include my breakfast charges from the Bistro. I called when I noticed the discrepancy, but am still waiting (over a month) for the promised refund of the charge to my credit card.

Room Tip: There is a short wing of the hotel that has rooms facing out towards the highway. I would make sure...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Jeff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled with the recent remodel and glad that our customers are enjoying the new rooms and public space. I have noted your comments about the breakfast wait time and am currently working with my management team to find a better solution to cut wait times in the mornings at the Bistro. As for your bill, I would love to help you to resolve this issue! If you could please call me at the hotel directly I would be happy to look into this for you immediately. Thank you again for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hudson Valley NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Not terrible, not great. Pros...mostly clean public areas and room, reasonably comfortable bed, rooms face courtyard and that side is quiet, but Cons: very noisy on hallway end of room, sink is tiny, there was a small area of black mold in the shower, the old thru-the-wall a/c unit was very loud, the pool and workout areas are tiny. Lastly, most Marriotts offer Elite members a coupon for breakfast in the restaurant. Not so here.

Room Tip: If you are in room near the end of a hallway it may be quieter than the rooms where people are frequ...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We do offer scratch off tickets to all Elite members upon check in which award members a number of different prizes, one of which is complimentary breakfast. I hope we see you again next time you are in Parsippany.
Randolph, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Every staff member I encountered was rude and very unwelcoming. There was only one person that was helpful, and that was a young man that was working one morning that I spoke with on the phone,but never actually got to meet. They need to hire more people like him. He was professional and looked into my questions without seeming annoyed or too busy unlike the three other people I spoke with while trying to plan my trip.

The first floor hall smelled like rotting fish the whole time I was there. The bathroom was moldy looking and needed a very deep cleaning. The public bathroom was not much better. The housekeepers had wine glasses just sitting in the hall on the floor which my husband nearly broke from tripping over them. There were crumbs on the couch in my room and the shower curtain was disgusting. The comfortable bed was literally the only good part of this place.

• Stayed July 2014
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Darling,

Thank you for your recent feedback. Guest saitsfaction is a top priority at our property and I apologize if your stay did not reflect that. Our property has just undergone a multimillion dollar renovation and we are always looking for ways to improve our service. We will be using the information that you have provided to make our hotel a better place to stay,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is a decent place to stay at however the rooms are not well cleaned and quite dusty. Pool is not clean at all so dud not bother swimming in there. Front desk very helpful especially Karen she was a kind and sweet. I don't understand why after breakfast time the coffee shop closes until evening and only coffee is served the entire day.

Stayed July 2014
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about our property. We can assure you that the pool is regularly cleaned and drained to ensure that it is safe for all of our guests to swim. Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner service each day with many local restaurants in the area that serve lunch.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was what I would expect for a hotel stay. Although we were a (quite) late arrival and notified staff ahead of time, when we pulled in at nearly midnight the staff was just as kind and attentive as at a more normal hour. Lobby and rooms have recently been renovated and are quite clean (something I worry about as a traveler). We were simply staying for an overnight while driving home from vacation, so I cannot speak to amenities offered but I can say that we were quite pleased. Easy access to 287.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the tme to review your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our recent renovation and I hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are traveling in the area!
Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our family of five from Ohio (2 adults & 3 teenagers) stayed for 2 nights during our vacation to visit New York City the first weekend in June 2014. The rooms were super nice, modern and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and gave us great service. Except for having to pay a lot of $$ for our tasty made to order breakfast, we had a very nice experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a positive expeirence staying with us and I hope that you choose our property the next time your family comes to visit NYC!
Exton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

They make staying in your room torture. No guide on the TV, internet barely works, I can't hook my computer up to the TV... Don't see a point in staying here. I must say though, the service was pretty good, but it doesn't make up for the room being unlivable for somebody living in the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We have recently upgraded our internet to provide faster Wi-Fi speeds to all guests. We have also updated our TV guides in our in-room information books to reflect the HD channels we currently offer. I am still attempting to find a fix to ensure guests can hook up an HDMI cable to the TV! Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Parsippany? Share your experiences!