“Hampton facilities - plus excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
“Hampton facilities - plus excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hampton Inn facilities are tops in its category of mid-priced hotels near major highways. At Hampton, one finds well-equipped rooms, plus a business center, fitness facility, pool, and complementary beverages and hot breakfast.

Hampton Inn/Parsippany North has more: excellent and responsive service. I called ahead for a room in a quiet location and with a mini-frig. Management here went further - and assigned an exceptionally spacious, well-equipped, room with microwave as well as frig.

Excellent -and much appreciated- service !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milford, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our room was very clean and modern, spacious, and well equipped. The hotel appears to be newer and there was a small fitness center and pool, trouble free wi-fi, and nice toiletries from Bath and Body (a little thing, yes, but a nice detail). The hotel staff were very nice and professional. Everything you need is here. We were comfortable and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've become a bit of a fan of Hampton Inn and Suites locations this year. As with other locations, this hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the free wi-fi and breakfast were great! The staff were very accommodating. I was unable to book a suite room that had a microwave and refrigerator, so asked for a mini-fridge for my kids' medications, and found a good sized (4.4 cu ft?) fridge instead. The breakfast room was never crowded during our Friday through Sunday stay. The food was adequate (the usual fare of cereals, bread, fruits, eggs and bacon or an alternative), and the staff were helpful.

We did not find the place difficult to get to, although there was a jug handle turn to get there. It is right beside the Courtyard Marriott.

We stayed here for a tournament, and we did look around before booking this hotel, and found that this was the best buy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I called to make a reservation because Hurricane Sandy was reeking havoc in the area. I spoke to Samantha the front desk rep, and asked her about the hotel and the generator situation. She informed me that she was unsure if the hotel had one. Then, I asked about emergency plans and such since its a hotel that offers breakfast, would they still, how would they accommodate us with supplies, etc, and again Samantha didn't know. She did know a room was $300 a night. Absurd. I said to her that she must be joking and she said "no, it's called supply and demand. That's our rate." It's not like we were trying to find the latest tickle me Elmo doll, we were trying to find shelter and heat during a hurricane AND a state of emergency! C'mon, you're better than that. I asked Samantha if she'd find out the answers to my questions and her reply was "no, we are busy. You'll just have to keep calling till someone answers who knows." Are you serious, Samantha? That's guest service? Being in a tough spot, I made the reservation here. I ended up canceling the remainder of my reservation because they had no power and weren't telling people anything - not that it was gone or when it was expected back- and I found better lodging for half the price. This place should be ashamed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is wonderful, clean, staff is friendly, location great (but a bit of challenge navigating to). However, I stayed there on a Friday and Saturday and I could not get to sleep until after midnight because unescorted children (soccer tournament in town) were running in the hallways. The parents were all in the lobby drinking. After repeated calls to front desk, there still was no change because of understaffing. They were very apologetic which was kind. They did put up a 11pm curfew sign up the next night, but the children still ran wild up and down hallways yelling and slamming doors.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tall Timbers, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Chose this area because it is exactly half-way between our two homes, Vermont & Southern Maryland. Picked this hotel for this particular stop based strictly on price. We have previously stayed at the Denville Hampton Inn. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a large end King Suite which was very nice. Then the next morning the breakfast was the best we have ever had at a Hampton Inn. We don't usually have the bagels, doughnuts, or muffins at these places because they are not good. You know, refrigerated, prepackaged goods. Here, they were honest to goodness fresh items from a local bakery. I know, because I asked where they got them. You couldn't get a better bagel if you drove into the City. The doughnuts, I don't usually eat these, but they looked so good, I had to have one and it was as good as you will find anywhere. Of course, they also have the usual make-it-yourself waffles, and the eggs and sausage offerings.

The breakfast topped off two great meals in a row, as the Reservoir Tavern the night before was wonderful.

As long as it remains reasonably competitively priced in comparison to area Hilton properties, this is where we will stop from now on on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
South Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at this location on 19th of October. We were driving late on Friday night to NYC from Toronto. We thought, it would be good to stay over the night a bit outside of NYC and then leave early morning for Manhattan. And it was best decision ever.
I personally, got a better deal by calling the hotel directly instead of going through all reservation sites. I cross-checked both and calling in was the best decision.
The price was really cheap. We arrived late (2AM) and the person at the front desk knew me by my name as I am the last person to check in that day of course. My check-in was done in less than 1 minute. They didn’t wanna disturb us as we were carrying both sleeping kids. Swiftly showed us to our rooms. And that’s it! The rooms were very clearn and they already had a crib for my son waiting with blankets.
They even slipped the bill/invoice under our door in the morning. And also told us the breakfast timing. Hampton is known for its family atmosphere and great hot breakfast. This is why, wherever I go, we always stay at Hamptons. This was no less than any other Hamptons we stay over around the world. The breakfast was hot, fresh! My kids love the Hampton’s breakfast.
Anytime, we drive back to NYC, we will definitely stay over here again. This is now our favourite stop over between NYC-Toronto. I highly recommend anyone driving between these locations for the price and the effortless breakfast you get! The best resting point ever!!!

Room Tip: Dont forget to take the HOT breakfast. Ask for kid's crib. They are really accommodating. Take t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North? Share your experiences!