“Hidden gem in Parssipany” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gourmet Cafe Restaurant

Gourmet Cafe Restaurant
136 Baldwin Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (Formerly Gourmet Cafe)
973-316-0088
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 102 restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Hidden gem in Parssipany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Finally got to go to Gourmet Cafe,
my goodness what a great decision.
Joe was our server and he was courteous and took great care of our table.The food was great, nice house salad to begin, the linguini with shrimp and scallops was really really good.
I recommend the tartufo for dessert, we got our own bottle of cab and we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the kindness of Big Joe our waiter.
We will definitely come back, next time we will bring two bottles of wine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MatthewP P, Owner at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
It was great meeting you and your friends! Glad you enjoyed yourselves and can't wait to see you all again!

90% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Bring your appetite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was in Parsippany on business, and after reading reviews, I had to check out this restaurant. I went there on Wednesday, but I could barely squeeze my little self in since the waiter told me that it would be full by 7 PM. It certainly was when I left at 7 PM. I started with the vegetable tower and a pasta of a day - both of them were very original, tasty and large in portion! You must bring your appetite. If I was not on the road, I would have definitely taken the pasta home for the next day's lunch. So yummy.
My cappucino came a bit watery. The waiter did not charge me for the cappucino after hearing me say so. Sorry for my blantness, but I am sure the new cappucino machine will be functioning in no time. I had a great visit to Gourmet Cafe. I will go back when I am in town again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for trying us out. We're happy you enjoyed your visit. I am happy to tell you our new coffee machine is working great now. Hope to serve you a fresh and delicious cappuccino on your next visit!
Toronto
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very tired after an entire day of driving, we enjoyed a wonderful meal and terrific service at this hidden gem of a restaurant. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the company of the owner Matthew who joined us after our meal to ensure everything was as expected!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Don't let the outside get you wrong, once you get in is a totally diferent ambiance. Is in a small shopping center next to Walgreens. Bring your own wine, as they don't serve liquer but permit you to bring your own. The Salmon is excellent and a nice portion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilton, Connecticut
“Friendly neighborhood Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Friendly family-run place with good food. Service was attentive by both the host and waitress. Large portions of tasty pasta. BYOB. Much better from the inside that it may appear from the outside.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere