“Bad hair day” 1 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Bad hair day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I made an appointment several months in advance to have a wash and blow-dry at the spa on the day of a wedding I was attending while staying at the Marriott - I was pleasantly surprised that a hotel spa offered hair services - I marked the day and time on my calendar - I called 4 days prior to confirm the reservation, at which time I was informed that I was on a "waiting list" for hair services - I had never been informed that I was on a waiting list and I was under the impression that I had a 4pm appointment - only after I called to confirm was I informed that they did not have a stylist available to do my hair - I was never told that they operated that way (the "wait list" for available stylists) and I am 100% certain nobody from the salon would have called me to say they did not have a stylist for me - I would have shown up 4pm the day of the wedding and sent away - as it was when I called to confirm and the manager realized she had made a mistake in not letting me know they did not have a stylist for my hair, she had a receptionist call and apologize for any inconvenience - if you are a spa in a hotel and can't accomodate hotel guests or do not offer the services they want, just be upfront about it and when you screw up, call and let them know what is going on.

Visited July 2013

Demarest, N.J.
6 attraction reviews
“This is not a " SPA "”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

When you think hotel spa with pool you vision locker room, sauna, steam, changing facilities and other amenities. What a let down. There is none of that. Yes there is a pool full of kids taking swim lessons who then go in to the bathroom to shower where you are. That is the spa. It has a tiny shower 2 bathroom stalls and maybe 6 tiny lockers. Awful. The massage however was good. I would never go back.

Visited June 2013
New York, NY
“Great Massage Subscription”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ask Botanical Spa about their Massage Subscription Plan - it is the main reason my wife and I stay at the Park Ridge Marriott. We figured we will always get massages on a frequent basis anyway, why not do it in an easy and affordable way? I like deep-tissue massages and the folks at Botanical have never let me down...

Visited January 2013
Orlando
4 attraction reviews
“Great Massage!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a sports massage the day after running a marathon. Urszula (from Poland) was FANTASTIC. Very aware of post-marathon muscle soreness issues. Very engaged to ensure the pressure was right. A great experience.

Visited January 2013

Been to Botanical Day Spa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Botanical Day Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later