“Pleasant suprise” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Clifton, New Jersey
“Pleasant suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

First time I have ever ate there considering I visit this mall at least 2-3 times per month. Big menu with several nice lunch combos. Food was very good and the staff very friendly. Nice quiet place to take a break at while spending the day at a very busy mall.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bayonne NJ
“becoming one of our favorite spots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is our second visit, and both times have not disappointed us. The food is always delicious and presented beautifully. Diane did have to return a dish and the server gave us no trouble or questioned why... I had the salmon three ways and Diane had the chicken primavera which she enjoyed. The dish she had to return was too tough for her to chew due to surgery. We also had the ahi ceviche good stuff wish there was more ahi though.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Just a Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is wonderful place to come eat and drink. Visiting several times had been pleasant. They have a nice bar area, dining area and waiting area. The employees are friendly. I would recommend ordering the pecan chocolate chip cookies, they taste great. The steak sandwich is also delicious with a mug of Stella's if you like beer. Their is soft music in the back round that is played which gives you a good feeling while you eat. I have tried many different dishes and haven 't been disappointed yet. Give them a try and you may have found a diamond in the rough.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Next time hold the bug, I don't need the extra protein”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

It has been at least a decade since I walked out of a restaurant … but tonight was the night. We had a short time frame to grab a quick bite before a movie. Our very nice waitress recommended that we order appetizers if we wanted to get out of there in 30-35 minutes. We ordered immediately and then waited and waited.

She finally delivered my cocktail and I noticed something suspicious in it. I grabbed my spoon and fished around the margarita and pulled out a small bug with little legs! I didn’t freak out. I simply had someone track down my waitress and told her what I found and to get me new drink – without the bug this time. She was very apologetic and said she’d send the manager over right away. My wife asked where our food was since we ordered over 20 minutes ago. The waitress said it must be about to come out because she entered the order right after we placed it.

She stopped back about five minutes later to ask if the manager had been over yet. Nope. Nor had our food appeared. Thirty minutes after ordering, with no manager in sight and no food in sight, we got up and walked out. This place doesn’t deserve our business. If you can’t get appetizers to the table in less than 30 minutes, you should not be in business. If you can’t serve drinks or food without bugs in them, you should close up shop.

• Visited August 2014
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Good food, just wish the tables weren't stacked on top of each other”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I had a very enjoyable dinner at Grand Lux Café, before catching a movie at AMC right next to it. It’s in the perfect location for a nice dinner and a movie, at Garden State Plaza. I was here with a friend, and we both had a very enjoyable dinner. I had ordered the fish and chips which were really good. I don’t like tartar sauce, and prefer cocktail sauce with my fish and chips, and the waitress had no problem at all taking care of the special request for me. My friend ordered a pasta dish, which was very large, also good, a chicken picata. We both had a very enjoyable dinner.

The staff was very friendly, and helpful, and made sure we were happy with our meal. The décor is very nice in here, and the menu is very expansive, takes several minutes just to get through it to decide what you want to order.

My only complaint is that the tables are very tight. I understand you want to seat as many as possible, as the more people sitting down, the more money you are bringing in, but we were about a foot away from two other tables, where it was hard to have a conversation, as you can hear what the other two are talking about. It’s not the best place to come if you’re looking to talk, as it gets loud and is just a little too tight.

Visited July 2014