“The Colon Club in NJ for awareness event!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Paramus
Evansville, Indiana
“The Colon Club in NJ for awareness event!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Crowne Plaza was very accommodating for our group of young adult survivors while in NJ for an awareness event. I would very much recommend a stay at the Crowne Plaza Paramus and we would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good Hotel for businessmen. Excellent front desk service. Clean, updated rooms. Buffet breakfast. A good and bad point is they don't have a stand alone restaurant in the hotel, but there is a Bone Fish Restaurant attached. The restaurant is good, but is very popular and is often full. Also a bit noisy, not good for business dining or conversations. There is a mall next to the hotel. GPS is advisable as it can be difficult getting to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room, the don't have an elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Traveled to Paramus on business a couple of weeks ago. After searching our corporate travel site for lodging that would be close to my training site I came to TripAdvisor to read the reviews on my standbys (Marriott and Hilton brands) I found the reviews and the price point (corporate rate $135) for this hotel helpful so I booked here instead. Thus, giving up on earning rewards with Marriott because of the not so good reviews and locations.

Checked in but found out there's NO elevator. Yes, it's 2 stories but if you're staying for a week it makes it difficult getting up the long flight of stairs with a large suitcase. My room which had 2 double beds, a desk w/office chair, dresser, and a chair w/ ottoman was decent but dark. The air conditioning unit needed a good cleaning and I was a little afraid to turn it on because I wasn't sure what would blow out. Bathroom was clean.

The best thing I found after checking in was the Bonefish Grill attached to the hotel. Service was good. However, if you plan to charge meals to your room you must wait for the server to take your ticket back into the hotel to the front desk to approve it before you can do that. Need a better process which would require technology to address this .

I recommend to check out the reviews first before booking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Tulang67,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the room and some amenities in it. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Frankly, We chose the Crowne Plaza because it was one of the cheapest hotels in the area. We were in Paramus for a wedding reception. The hotel is pretty average, not luxurious, but it's cost effective, clean, has a decent room with a comfy bed. We didn't have high expectations due to the cost. Upon checking in, we were given a free goody bag consisting of snacks, wine and nuts which i thought was nice.

The Crowne Plaza gets four stars from me because of their customer service. Upon checking out, I forget to pack my jacket and only realized it was missing when I was on my way to the airport. When I called the CP to report it, the receptionist transferred me to house keeping immediately. House-keeping were super responsive and within two days, they had found my jacket in the closet, packed it in a box and fedexed it to me without delay. I received it within a week and was extremely grateful.

if I am ever in the area again, I will use this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Terrific location, Bone Fish Grill right next door! Warm welcome by Maggie, room was adequate for a one night stay. My only complaint is the noise from the air unit in the room. Disrupted my sleep. Excellent free breakfast included with good service. I would return again if I could find a room with quieter AC unit.

Room Tip: Room 147 had the loud air circulation unit!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I typically stay at spg hotels, but they were extremely over priced the weekend we needed a room. We choose the Crowne because it was close and cheap. I messed up my reservation day, and when I arrived on the wrong day (based on the reservation) the manager Maureen quickly resolved my mistake. The room was lovely considering the price of the room. Very clean, comfty bed, and all the little extras you expect at a hotel. The maid staff even found my expensive body wash after I forgot it which I was able to pick up the nex week.

I would like to point out that while I was returning a bag to the room before going back out for the evening a young man did try to follow me to my room and was banging on my door. It was very unsettling, and I had my bf come in to walk me back to the car. The man had walked out the end hallway door as my bf came from the main extrance.

This should not reflect on the hotel itself, and could have been a random occurence. The paramus area is normally very nice. I would just suggest being a bit cautious if staying along.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Jlg454nyu,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. It is good to know you like our rooms and staff service. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. The safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern and we apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced during your stay with us. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate department where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is wonderful hotel with wonderful staff. Yesterday morning I realized I had pulled the button off my blazer right before leaving to go to rehearsal. I went to the front desk and asked if by any chance there was a way to get the button sewed back on. The lady behind the desk took my jacket and sewed the button back on right there while handling other guests concerns as well. Bravi tutti to Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Paramus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Maureen M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Crowne Plaza Paramus!
I am delighted to hear how Maggie took such great care of you! She is a wonderful asset to our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to share your story.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again!
Thank you again!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!