“Nice staff, nice rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Paramus
New York City, New York
“Nice staff, nice rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I typically stay at spg hotels, but they were extremely over priced the weekend we needed a room. We choose the Crowne because it was close and cheap. I messed up my reservation day, and when I arrived on the wrong day (based on the reservation) the manager Maureen quickly resolved my mistake. The room was lovely considering the price of the room. Very clean, comfty bed, and all the little extras you expect at a hotel. The maid staff even found my expensive body wash after I forgot it which I was able to pick up the nex week.

I would like to point out that while I was returning a bag to the room before going back out for the evening a young man did try to follow me to my room and was banging on my door. It was very unsettling, and I had my bf come in to walk me back to the car. The man had walked out the end hallway door as my bf came from the main extrance.

This should not reflect on the hotel itself, and could have been a random occurence. The paramus area is normally very nice. I would just suggest being a bit cautious if staying along.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Jlg454nyu,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. It is good to know you like our rooms and staff service. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. The safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern and we apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced during your stay with us. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate department where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is wonderful hotel with wonderful staff. Yesterday morning I realized I had pulled the button off my blazer right before leaving to go to rehearsal. I went to the front desk and asked if by any chance there was a way to get the button sewed back on. The lady behind the desk took my jacket and sewed the button back on right there while handling other guests concerns as well. Bravi tutti to Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Paramus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Maureen M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the Crowne Plaza Paramus!
I am delighted to hear how Maggie took such great care of you! She is a wonderful asset to our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to share your story.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to our area that we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again!
Thank you again!
Cotia, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Walking distance to the office, limo service if it is snowing, so gentle crew member, mall in a walking distance. Nice room and fast internet access. Cannot choose best hotel for this kind of business trip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed there last night, for one night. Then tonight I read the picky reviews going over this and that. True, its not as fancy as other Crowne Plazas I have stayed at. I called the front desk when I woke up to ask if there was a free breakfast and they said "no" and then I read in one of the reviews that they like the free breakfast. I wonder what that was about. The rooms were tasteful, bedding was excellent with a big body pillow and lovely linens. Clean and spotless. A great desk with all kinds of plugs, wonderful arm chair and foot thingie. Really nice upholstery. The bulding isn't new but the room felt like nobody had ever been there before. The shower was great and the soaps and lotions and shampoo were top quality and smelled great. I wondered where I could buy that soap, I liked it so much. The windows actually open. It was a cool summer night and it was great to sleep with fresh air instead of airconditioning (which I did NOT find noisy).

My only criticism is that the internet was really slow and that there was no room service. The Bone Fish Grill, adjacent to the restaurant stops serving at 10pm and there was no provision for any food except for snack machine and Domino's Pizza delivery which I would rather go hungry than eat.

I felt really comfortable and well rested and for the price (I booked on hotwire and paid only $75) it was great.

Room Tip: The halls are really long so it might be more convenient to get a room by the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Burlington, Vermont, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here with a wedding block this past weekend. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Beware the entrance to the hotel with a full bell cart can be challenging as it is an uphill climb and very narrow! They also do not have an elevator, so if you have a lot of stuff ask for a room on the first floor.

Hotel is older, but they have made some improvements, the rooms are nice, feel newer than they are and plenty of amenities including a bedtime aromatherapy spray which I thought was a nice touch. The bed linens were cozy, but the mattress was a bit hard.

The air conditioning unit was quite loud, but thankfully with all the dancing we did I fell right asleep. If you are a light sleeper I would be wary.

They provided a complimentary shuttle to and from the wedding venue which was fantastic (although it seemed the A/C in the van was broken).

Breakfast the next day was great, lots of fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, juice and coffee and even though I was a bit late, they made me feel welcome and allowed me to grab just a few items.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Choose this location because it was near an event we were attending. Pleasantly surprised. It was a typical HI hotel. Had some resent improvements. Front desk was personable. Room was clean and typical. AC is always too noisy in these hotels. Rate was reasonable, taxes too high. Breakfast was good, server did expect a tip but the "free" breakfast was worth it. Location is excellent if traveling the Garden State Parkway. Great seafood restaurant next door as well as a food court at the mall....all within walking distance. I was surprised to read previous reviews, that was not our experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maureen M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Nancy J, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the Bonefish Grill and our breakfast.
I hope that if you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again and have a "Next Visit"
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Red Bank, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm surprised this hotel is rated so well. This condition of this property wasn't good for me. At best, it should be a Holiday Inn, and it certainly doesn't meet the expectation of a 3.5 star Crowne Plaza. I've actually stayed in nicer Holiday Inn Expresses. It's very shabby. The design and the rooms didn't match what one would expect from a Crowne Plaza. It's two levels and without an elevator, so it probably was originally built to be a budget property. The rooms were small. On a positive note, the attached restaurant/bar was excellent. I had limited interaction with staff, but they seemed nice enough. I would avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Maureen M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Bonefish Grill Restaurant at the hotel. I am very sorry that you did not feel we are up to the Crowne Plaza standards. We continually try to improve on our deficiencies and we are very proud of our committment to excellent customer service,
Thank you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!