“Renovation Needed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Kensington, Maryland
“Renovation Needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staff was friendly but the facility is very dated. Heating and air conditioning did not work properly, fitted sheet was the wrong size and didn't stay on the mattress, poor excuse for a gym. The only nice thing I can say is the Bonefish Grill was terrific. I would highly suggest staying elsewhere. This is not up to the standard I would expect from Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear sk1952,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff and our on-site Restaurant the Bonefish Grill. We would like to apologize for the unusual condition of our hotel affected your stay negatively. We're also sorry for the room accommodations you received and our Fitness Center fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Here now, gone tomorrow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed overnight there, the staff is courteous and overall I had no issues. The rooms are up to the Crowne Plaza expectations. The facility seems to be a bit old and the exit from the back seems to be more downscale than expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear BusinessTraveller777,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

All our guest from out of town, enjoy very much there stay at your hotel.. The service was excellent. The rooms were great.. Every one of our guest said there were treated wonderfully and very much enjoyed there stay.. Would highly recommend this hotel and there great staff..

Room Tip: book early & get a king size bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Needed to stay overnight and selected this hotel for its proximity to the meeting place. It is difficult to find as it is in a shopping complex. The staff was courteous but the rooms were below average. Airconditioning vents were thick with dust and that dust was in other areas of the room. The room was quite basic and will need updating as will the rest of the facility. The breakfast area was adjacent to the Lobby and not so private. The breakfast buffet at $13.50 per person plus tax and tip should have an omlette choice or egg whites for those on a healthy diet. We also ate dinner in the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. The restaurant was very good; both food and service.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor; it would be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear BELLHOP_11,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to note that you found our staff to be courteous.

I am disappointed that we left you with a less than memorable experience. I am truly sorry for the shortcomings in your room including the air conditioning system. My apologies as well for any inconvenience our level of cleanliness has caused you.

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will be taken into consideration for future improvements. We hope you give us another chance so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were going to our granddaughter's dance recital and decided on an overnight to be able to meet friends for breakfast the following morning. The hotel is very clean with comfortable rooms and friendly staff. The hotel is conveniently located but GPS directions are a little vague since it is within a shopping mall property and street signs are nearly non-existent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel-Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a great experience.
I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights, during a business travel to Paramus, and it really felt like a “home away from home”.
I arrived very early (06:45AM) after a long international flight, exhausted as expected…I received my rooms immediately, and was offered to try the breakfast before going to my room.
The room was specious, and always very clean. The Internet worked perfectly, and I always had enough towels waiting for me.
Breakfast was just great. One of the best I had in the USA, and it was included in the room price. A large verity of fresh fruits, yogurts, hot dishes & pastries. Service at breakfast was very good too.
The reception team was wonderful, especially Maggie, who offered me her personal umbrella 2 days when it was raining, while noticing I didn’t want to get wet before my meetings (and forgot my personal umbrella). I was always welcomed with a smile, and had a feeling the staff really cared about my wellbeing & satisfaction.
This is not a super fancy hotel, but it is just what I needed, and I’m sure I will be happy to stay there on my next visit to Paramus.

fresno, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Family had to fly down for my brothers funeral. It was a very sad and emotional time. The staff was so nice and friendly during this hard time it made it a little better. Check in was a breeze and the room was clean and had enough towels each day. The bed was so wonderful that I fell asleep with no problem. Try the restful sleep amenities because they work. Woke up the next morning feeling refresh and the bags from all the crying went away. No more aching feet after I rub the little lotion on it.
Breakfast was delicious, They had a little bit of everything from cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, french toast on the weekend, bacon and sausage. Plus other items, they cater to everyone and always checking to make sure nothing runs out.
Gym was small but it served my purpose when I woke up early and decided to work out. They do offer a courtesy card to a local gym. Husband enjoyed it so no complaints there.
Bonefish Grill was packed every night because the food is excellent. Bang Bang shrimp is a must if you go. Even though it is an appetizer it is big enough for a meal by itself.
All in all we had a wonderful time and when we come back to visit family this will be our new go to place. Only thing missing no pool but service you receive makes up for it.

Room Tip: No elevator but two sets of stairs ask which one your room is closer to if you are on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!