“Good place if you get a good deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Paramus
NY
“Good place if you get a good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is a mere 30 minutes from NYC and if you can get a good enough price, well worth the stay. Instead of buying breakfast here, suggest you eat at the Tom Sawyer diner nearby. Please note that the mall next door IS within walking distance, but is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS. Pool is fine, workout room is quite small & nearby Gold's gym has somewhat limited hours but you can get a pass to use their facilities. Generally pleasant staff, front desk more helpful at check-in than check out, but that's an individual thing. Nice clean room, absolutely fine place for easy in and out (if driving) to NYC.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff was pretty unfriendly at check in – but soon we discovered that everyone else was very friendly and we received many goodies due to my platinum status: free breakfast buffet for two, some snacks and even a small bottle of white wine.
Our room was very spacious and clean and was located on the upper floor (this hotel consists of only two floors – ground and first floor).
The bathroom was pretty small but clean.
We went to the on site restaurant for dinner (Bonefish Grill) – excellent food and good service. It’s always nice to have a restaurant onsite or in walking distance.
Later at night it started to rain and that was the first time I could hear the rain drops through the roof at a hotel – it sounded pretty the same as in a motorhome (we own a motorhome up in Canada, so these noises are pretty familiar to me – but not at a hotel room).
However, we got a good nights sleep, despite the raindrop noise.
If someone would be a bit sensitive to this issue, I would not recommend to stay at this hotel on the upper floor.
The free breakfast buffet on the next morning was very good and everything was included (hot and cold items, coffee, juices and even sodas).
I would rate this hotel a solid four, cause we got a very good rate for that night (through priority club “point breaks), most of the staff was friendly and everything was clean.

Room Tip: If you're a bit sensitive to noise, ask for a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in September 2012. This hotel is nicely located next to a shopping mall, called Paramus Park Mall.

The overall experience is in accordance with Crowne Plaza standards, including a fitness center and a good seafood restaurant.

The breakfast confirms the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I found ourselves in New Jersey and needed a Hotel for one night.
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Paramus, NJ conveniently located off of Route 17 surrounded by shopping malls !
We booked a Standard Room with a King Size bed. Room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was also spacious and clean with just the right amount of soft towels. Was definitely impressed with the value.

• Stayed October 2012
Maureen M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our team and our Houskeeping department is especially pleased with your kind words.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend; booked rooms through Hotwire (would NOT recommend) and as a result, reservation was screwed up. When I checked in at midnight, the desk clerk made every attempt to be helpful but when I called back the next day to try to straighten out the reservation, the desk clerk was not at all helpful and apparently lied to me. A phone call to the hotel manager resolved the problem eventually but no attempt was made to offer service recovery. Hotel is older and rooms could use a face lift. On the positive side, hotel was clean, quiet, and safe. Towels were very fluffy which was a nice treat. Bed was comfortable. Check in staff person was friendly. On the negative side: Room was small with no amenities such as a fridge or microwave though there was a coffee maker. Alarm clock did not work; instructions next to clock were for a completely different clock. Air conditioning unit is so loud that you have to choose between sleeping or being comfortably cool. Despite being non-smoking, the room smelled of stale smoke and bleach. Bathroom fixtures worked poorly i.e. toilet didn't flush unless you held the flusher down for a minute or so. Shower faucet leaked but on the other hand, water pressure was good. Coffee in room was is unpalatable Finally, this hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast. In this day and age, when almost every other hotel does, I can't imagine why the Crowne Plaza does not offer at least a complimentary continental breakfast. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
On behalf our our entire hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel.
I apologize for the frustrations with your reservation and I am happy to hear that everything was eventually worked out.
I am happy to share with you that in the upcoming months all of our rooms with be experiencing a "Refresh!" I hope if your travels bring you back to Paramus that you will give us another opportunity to show you our new look.
Please feel free to call me directly so I can assist you with your reservation.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I brought a school group of 65 kids + 9 chaperones to this hotel for one night. The staff were kind and courteous. The booking agent was extremely helpful and we had a very nice night's stay. The breakfast was good quality for the price and our entire group was fed in 30 minutes. Nice clean lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I frequent Paramus for business and this is my default hotel. There are frequently on line deals and it's often considerably less money than other hotels nearby. If it's available and it's within range, I usually stay here.
Why? Location, location, location. Easy access to major roads. Unlike other nearby newer hotels, the parking lot is not treacherously narrow. The staff is friendly, and if you are a member of the frequent guest program, this hotel has one of the best welcome bags around. The staff is friendly and helpful. And then there's the breakfast (free for frequent guests) and it's not the usual pre-fab eggs. It is real batches of food prepared on site. And it's not skimpy quantities or limited in assortment. I am a fan of the first meal of the day one of the perks of staying here is that I know I will start off the morning well fueled. The nearby mall shopping and food assortment may be the best anywhere.
The downside, this is an older property that has been maintained but it's amenities are limited. There are no elevators, so if your room is on the second floor, you may be bouncing your roller bag up some steps. There is no pool and the exercise room is minimal - however I found myself frequently packing my roller blades and looping the Paramus Park Mall which is next door. There is no pool, which disappointed my teenage daughter when I her with me on one trip.
I have stayed here more nights than I care to count and would return without hesitation

Room Tip: king rooms are nice..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CrownePlazaParamus, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel you recently posted on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that your have chosen us as your default hotel. We do pride ourselves on our extensive homemade breakfast options to help start the day off right. I have shared your comments with our breakfast staff and they were delighted. As the winter months approach and you may not be able to roller blade outside, please keep in mind that we do have a relationship with a local gym and we would be happy to provide you with passes. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!