“Excellent for school groups” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

IHG Expedia.com
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Paramus
New York City, New York
“Excellent for school groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I brought a school group of 65 kids + 9 chaperones to this hotel for one night. The staff were kind and courteous. The booking agent was extremely helpful and we had a very nice night's stay. The breakfast was good quality for the price and our entire group was fed in 30 minutes. Nice clean lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I frequent Paramus for business and this is my default hotel. There are frequently on line deals and it's often considerably less money than other hotels nearby. If it's available and it's within range, I usually stay here.
Why? Location, location, location. Easy access to major roads. Unlike other nearby newer hotels, the parking lot is not treacherously narrow. The staff is friendly, and if you are a member of the frequent guest program, this hotel has one of the best welcome bags around. The staff is friendly and helpful. And then there's the breakfast (free for frequent guests) and it's not the usual pre-fab eggs. It is real batches of food prepared on site. And it's not skimpy quantities or limited in assortment. I am a fan of the first meal of the day one of the perks of staying here is that I know I will start off the morning well fueled. The nearby mall shopping and food assortment may be the best anywhere.
The downside, this is an older property that has been maintained but it's amenities are limited. There are no elevators, so if your room is on the second floor, you may be bouncing your roller bag up some steps. There is no pool and the exercise room is minimal - however I found myself frequently packing my roller blades and looping the Paramus Park Mall which is next door. There is no pool, which disappointed my teenage daughter when I her with me on one trip.
I have stayed here more nights than I care to count and would return without hesitation

Room Tip: king rooms are nice..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CrownePlazaParamus, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel you recently posted on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that your have chosen us as your default hotel. We do pride ourselves on our extensive homemade breakfast options to help start the day off right. I have shared your comments with our breakfast staff and they were delighted. As the winter months approach and you may not be able to roller blade outside, please keep in mind that we do have a relationship with a local gym and we would be happy to provide you with passes. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Ashley Falls, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found the hotel older but very nice and the rooms were nice and comfortable. The staff was helpful and the area was nice for shopping.If I had to go to NJ again I would stay there again. Please note that there is no elavator in this hotel so you have to carry everything up the stairs. Also there is no breakfast included with the room. But the dinning room was cozy and the food was good slightly over priced but good. The room don't have a great deal of insulation and you can hear everything in the next room which was at times annoying, but the hotel was still quaint and nice to stay in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
iIndiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a four nite stay for our trip to New York with Diamond Tours. The basic property is very nice, however we were unhappy that they had no elevator. They had a great restrurant and bar area to relaxe after a day in NY.

Room Tip: Since this was a tour group we came as a group. If solo would look for a little upgrade to enjoy the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My new wife and I recently stayed at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus the night of our wedding and so did many of our guests. Everyone loved it here! The staff was friendly and attentive. And Michelle Gordon was fantastic every step of the way. I was in communication with Michelle while making plans to have guests stay at the hotel and participate with the shuttle service to and from our wedding. Michelle was great and so was Crowne Plaza Paramus. We highly recommend!

Stan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent nuptials!!!
I would like to personally thank you for the kind remarks about your stay at our hotel and our Director of Sales, Michelle, you recently posted on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide an excellent experience to all our guests and it looks like we accomplished just that! Posting your feedback on this valuable site is not only helpful to us as hoteliers but to the consumers who trust Trip Advisor in making their lodging decisions. Thanks again for taking the time to post your review. We hope to see you again soon! Maybe your anniversary!!
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times. Staff is kind and courteous...even remembers us since we are return customers. Rooms are clean and spacious. House keeping is very good and attentive. Have forgotten several items in the room on two different visits, each time they were saved and available for pick up. Once left eye glasses that they graciously mailed to my home. Affordable hot and cold breakfast buffet which has a great variety. On a few visits, we have received complementary breatfast. All in all for the price and staff, excellent place to stay and will continue to return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel you recently posted on Trip Advisor. Your comments have been shared with our entire team and are much appreciated. We love it when our guests take the time to let us know when we have exceeded their expectations! We look forward to your next visit when we can welcome you back again!
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Business trip for 2 days only but a wonderful experience none the less, room was very spacial and luxurious. the breakfast could have been as big as you wanted the choice was brilliant. There was a bar attached to the side of the Hotel which reminded me of "Cheers" made very welcome by people who I had never met before and was unlikely to ever meet again. The staff were very friendly and helpfull . I would go there again its a little way out of NY but as they are able to organise a tour bus into the big apple which i was able to use because the business was tied up early, allowing me the whole last day to have a commentated New york coach trip it was brilliant and they even dropped me at Newark Airport on the way back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!