“Tired and ageing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Radisson Inn Paramus)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Tel Aviv
“Tired and ageing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here for one night in transit from PA to JFK.
Hotel really has a motel type feel with multiple entrances and exits to the cars.
Staff were very helpful.
Rooms are tired and old, on the smallish side, but was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Very very long corridors and no elevator.
It did the job, but I wouldn't go out of my way to return here.
I should also say that I have never stayed in any other hotels in this area, so can't compare it to those.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I suppose having been to a Westin the day before I was a little spoiled but I thought the room seemed tired. Comfortable enough but the small things were not as I would expect. The iron was hopeless (I was on a business trip and need to iron my shirts before meetings/dinner) and the ironing board wobbled so much that the iron would fall off if left on there. When I got in to the room the wardrobe door was off its runners which only took me 20 seconds to fix (a colleague said his doors were missing completely) and the room had a damp smell. Breakfast was a fairly soulless affair and a bill was presented even though we had a breakfast voucher. Good that there was internet acces but slightly frustrating that you have to continually log in to the system.
Very handy for getting into NYC and the shops behind it but could do with a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
KentPaul,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Victor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Rooms are clean, hotel staff is fantastic. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when traveling to this area. Convenient to NYC public transportation so you don't need to drive into the city. Nice restaurant on the property. Convenient location to anything you might need. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Have stayed on both first and second floor. No noise issues with either location.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Union City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stayed at the hotel with our infant and toddler during the power outage. It was one of the few hotels with availability. It was a little pricey compared to the other two hotels we stayed at. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was no fridge but I assume you could order one for the room. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The free internet connection was very weak in the rooms so I had to use the business center to search for other accomodations (as they were booked so we could not extend our stay). The only item I would improve upon would be to offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. The starbucks kiosk is nice but for the price of the room I think they should offer at least complimentary coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
West Islip
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I arrived at the hotel and the electric was down. There were no real options. I had to stay there. With no power one would expect to have a miserable time. However, the staff provided lighting, help and entertainment. It turned out to be a pleasant experience rather than an ordeal. I actually enjoyed it. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I checked into this hotel after 11pm and the staff was very slow and not motivated to get us into our room.

The rooms were clean, but the room size was a little small. The ebds were very comfortable. There was a working station and a chair.

The parking was awful, they are connected to a restaurant/bar so at 11pm there was barely any parking left.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Dks61885,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I am glad to hear you did enjoy your clean room and comfortable bed. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience with our Front Desk staff. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

The hotel staff (specifically Sylvia Tonic and Edwin Sherman) truly understands customer service. Their attention to detail capped off with a smile was so appreciated. God bless you both as you make travellers very comfortable. Needless to say I will back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus? Share your experiences!