“Very good but only just.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Paramus
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   393 N State Rt 17, Paramus, NJ 07652   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
London, United Kingdom
“Very good but only just.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I don't wish to be negative about our stay here but this was the fifth and last La Quinta hotel we stayed in during a visit to the USA. All the others were warm and welcoming. On arrival here I just felt that it was not up to the standard of the previous hotels visited. I think this may be that Paramus is not partiicularly a resort hotel like the others. However, the La Quinta web site offers for the King Size bed room a microwave and refrigerator oin these rooms. Needless to say this facilty was not provided at Paramus. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly lady who thought that putting is in room 215 would be useful for the drinks and ice machines. I think we were being fobbed off with a room which had we taken it would have resulted in little or no sleep. This is a problem where drinks machines are placed in proximity to some bedrooms. These machines buzz all night long and once you wake up you've had it. We asked for a change and although the room we were given was a little further along the corridor, the buzz was discernible in the still of night. This is a problem possibly of hotels of this type and not particlarly La Quinta per se. Breakfast was adequate. Other La Quinta hotels had a better choice at breakfast. However, I did not leave hungry. Just a regular hotel; not good, not bad but regrettably I could not give an excellent accolade on this ocassion.

Room Tip: Make sure your bedroom is a mile away from the drinks and ice machines.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Havre De Grace
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed the night here for the second time and was a breeze, coming from a former Paramus resident. The desk clerk was understanding when I checked out and left my car for several hours when I went for a ceremony. My stay here was fine and would happily use this hotel again if I ever had to come to Paramus again. Only problem was no refrigerator. Thank you LaQuinta Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay at La Quinta inns Paramus from the reservations to my arrival was a most pleasant experiance ... Well frankly i am just picky an the staff in .Paramus.has always exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Paramus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I stay here everytime we're in the area

No frills, clean and friendly staff. Great location on Rt. 17 between Hot Bagels and Hooters

Has exactly what we pay for, clean room, comfortable bed and great price

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was really expecting an HD tv in the hotel room, but instead found an old tube model tv. I work a lot with my laptop and like to use the tv for less straining on my eyes. The nonsmoking rooms smelled like cigarettes anyway. The place is poorly designed; I felt like I was walking through the lower level of a cruise ship. The phones didn't even work to call the front desk and complain about our room's smell. The staff was extremely friendly though. She looked all over the room for my charger and phone that was left behind when I switched the room, and returned it to me later on in the night. Definitely not worth the money, and not like the La Quintas that I have stayed at.

• Stayed March 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Paramus hotels

Been to La Quinta Inn Paramus? Share your experiences!