“Very good stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Granby, Quebec, Canada
“Very good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We arrive very late at the hotel, beds were relly comfortable, our daughters love it. The breakfast was big and there was a lot of choice. We surely return one day!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

We arrived at 1 a.m. and left at 10 a.m., but I have nothing but high marks for this budget friendly hotel. Best bed linens and especially pillows that I've ever had in a hotel, especially a budget hotel. I say this even though the comforter clearly smelled (faintly) like someone had smoked in the non-smoking room. Hotel is on a busy highway - request a room near the back if possible. Good towels, soap that smells like Red Hots (wakes you up!) but no fan in the bathroom. We chose this hotel for the availability of 2 queen beds (instead of full) a major plus for 2 teenagers sharing a bed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express in Paramus NJ was a very nice surprise.

I stayed there for a month. I stay in a lot of hotels thru the year. These folks treated me like a highly valued guest. The manager even allowed me to leave my belongings in the room when I flew home for the Thanksgiving holiday, (saving me the move out/ move back in hassle) and didn't charge me for the room during the days home. Unheard of. Hotel is aged, but well kept, and clean. Walk around and you see where there is a "we care about this place" culture. They are doing upgrades and re-modeling. I’d like to see what it will look like when they complete the upgrades.

Nicest staff I've dealt with in ages..ALL of them. Housekeeping, maintenance man, front desk, manager, you name it. Extremely pleasant, eager to please, and always courteous. Any call to the front desk was answered by someone with a smile on their voice, and genuinely eager to please the caller. They always went the extra mile to ensure I was comfortable. I felt like I was being treated by a 5 star staff.
I was putting in 12 hour days, dragging in at late hours. This crew made sure I was comfortable and undisturbed when I had an occasional day off. They handled my laundry valet needs. Once a week i'd find a 'thank you' token gift on my room doorknob: a bag with a water bottle, a few cookies, or chocolates. In it was always an appreciation note for staying, and a comment from the management to let them know if I had any needs.
This staff will be missed when I leave.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Otis, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

We were in town for the Giants game and took 2 rooms. The desk staff and manager who were there at check in were friendly and helpful. They gave us a 15% off coupon for Houlihan's. The rooms were nice, and breakfast was good, except for the eggs, but can't complain given the reasonable rates. It took us about 15 or 20 minutes to get to the stadium from there, and they were nice enough to let us leave a car on the lot until after the game. The only downside, as with much of the routes in NJ, is that its a pain to have to make a jug handle turn every time you want to be on the other side of the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Sharon Springs, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I am Clearly disappointed with the policies of Holiday Inn. Unaware that they had a cancellation policy that is nonrefundable upon purchase. Due to unexpected cacellation of a family event I had to cancel our trip. I have been in the hotel buisness and and there are different cacellation rates, but to take the whole payment on the room. Im paying for a inconvenience not a service in this case.

Disatisfied Customer

Joseph

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

When I made the reservation I was assured that the old Holiday Inn had been completely gutted which would have been a good thing since that place was a dump. Well, there was newer carpeting and newer furniture but the same old skunky bathroom. Nowhere near a complete gut. The bathroom was not clean and the water did not drain in the tub so only one person could shower in the morning unless the next person wanted to stand in a 8 inches of water with all sorts of stuff from the drain floating around. While the bedding appeared newer, we were really itchy the next day. Not sure if it was the sheets or the detergent. There was an odor in the room probably from the old window AC unit and chairs and carpet were stained. Our check in was a mess - they said the king room was not available and switched us to a double bed room but then tried to charge us the higher rate, which we said we would not pay. We thought that was resolved at check in, but the bill in the morning reflected the overcharge! And although the desk clerk acknowledged the overcharge at checkout he could not correct it; some kind of wacky system which gives the front desk clerks no ability to do anything. We could not wait to get out of there the next morning and actually left at 6AM. This is NOT up to the standards of the new Holiday Inn Express brand, which are typically clean, well maintained and a good value. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel is not located in the nicest area of Paramus, many businesses, on a very busy road. There are no really good restaurants around it - had to go to the mall area to find decent food. Upon first glance the rooms were clean, but when I looked more I saw that there was an empty vitamin water bottle next to my bed between the bed and the night stand, which *should* have been visible to the person making the bed, which made me question the cleanliness of the sheets. There was no vent option in the bathroom, there was a big water stain on the ceiling in the bedroom and I could tell that there had been water damage to the wall. There were outlet covers coming off. The hotel is supposedly smoke free, however, my room had an adjoining room with a locked door and smoke was coming through it. When I told the front desk about the smoke in the morning there was no apology - they didn't seem to care. There is no elevator in the hotel, so beware single female travelers, you will need to carry your own bags upstairs if you don't want to sleep on the first floor. The breakfast was ok - and overall the staff was pleasant. I can't say that I would go out of my way to stay here again, but it wasn't the worst hotel I've experienced.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paramus? Share your experiences!