“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lees Summit
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

A colleague booked this HIE for us on a last minute business trip.

I have no real complaints except that the rooms are pretty small. The property is located in a nice location for doing business in the region (it is a little tough to get in and out of but I think that is NJ not this property specifically).

Front desk staff was beyond helpful. I arrived late and was quickly on the way to my room. The property is clean and everything you would expect was available: typical hotel breakfast, internet, room amenities, etc.

HIE is not my preferred chain but this property was nice and fit the bill.

Room Tip: nearly all rooms face parallel to the road so noise doesn't seem to be an issue.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Maria C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel location convenient. We look forward to have you as guest again on your next trip to the area.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I made a reservation for a specific room that was given to someone else. We walked in on another couple naked. When I explained to the front desk they laughed and gave me a key to another room that was not what we had reserved. I tried to cancel the reservation so we could go somewhere else. The front desk said no, so I asked to speak to a manager. The manager also said, "tough." We spent an hour on the phone with their Guest Relations department and eventually were able to leave and salvage the rest of our evening. They were some of the rudest people I had ever dealt with and it was their own mistake that caused the problem! I would steer clear of this management team.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear texan020,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My sister and I regularly stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Paramus whenever we have to be in Bergen County for business or pleasure. We have previously stayed at other places locally, but we have found HIE to give us the most value for our dollars spent. The management and staff are truly great - they will do just about anything to see to the needs of their guests. We actually feel like this is our second home here; we are always greeted very warmly upon our arrival and the Manager always makes it a point to personally welcome us. The rooms are very clean and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast room is always stocked with many items to please just about anyone. And they actually have a standing popcorn machine serving hot popcorn in the afternoon and also offer cookies to their guests. The location is perfect, close to Routes 4 and 17, but this facility can be reached via the back road to avoid going onto the highway. We just love it here!
We can't say enough about the hotel or it's staff - this is our "go to" place whenever we are in Bergen County.

Room Tip: We've stayed in many different rooms on both floors, but there is an elevator so it doesn't...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Maria C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Jenette,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about our hotel. It is always our pleasure to have you and your sister as our guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy your stay everytime you stay with us. Our guests feedback is always very important to us and we appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to have you as our guest again in the near future.

ISR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My last stay in Holiday Inn Express Paramus was few weeks ago. Before that I stayed 4 times about 3-4 years ago. The only thing I can say is that I enjoyed my stay back then and I enjoyed the stay now.
I loved almost everything there – the location (intersection of 17th and 4th to NY, near the Garden State Plaza Mall), the parking, the staff, the breakfast, the check-in, the check-out, the spacious room, the great great service. Even when I ran into a technical problem in my room, it was well handled.
Loved the USB sockets by the bed so I could charge multiple devices at once.
Good WiFi.
The only down side of this hotel is lack of safe in the room. Other than this loved everything there and definitely will stay there again and also will recommend to a friend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Maria C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. It is always our pleassure to welcome you back to our property. We are very happy to hear you that you enjoyed your stay everytime you stay with us. Also it is great to hear you found our hotel location convenient to the different highways. For all our guests convenience we do have safe deposit boxes at the front desk. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need one on your next visit. We look forward to have you as a guest on your next trip to the area.

New Vernon, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

during my visit i woke up in the middle of the night because i felt a bug. i turned the light on and i was correct i then proceeded to take a picture of the big. the next night i had bites all over my body. i called the hotel to inform them of this and the manager was beyond awful. i have never experienced customer service like this in my life. do not stay here if you want bed bugs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Maria C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As per the bed bugs in your room we do have the city of paramus inspecting all our rooms twice a month. The next day after your departure they came to our hotel to do the inspection again and there were not traces of bed bugs.

Dunwoody, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

In area for a family event. This is a pretty old property. They seem to keep it up well but needs significant upgrade. Location is excellent, right across from the major mall and good highway access. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast was above average. Room was clean and certainly was adequate. You won't get burned here. There are a number of local spots to eat and even delivery. I walked to a passable neighborhood Italian pizza and pasta joint. No alcohol, but the chicken marinara was surprisingly good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paramus, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear William S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your compliments on the convenient location of our hotel, helpful staff, above average breakfast and the quality of room accommodation. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide outstanding hotel stay experience. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a good little hotel just on the motorway but well located to get to NY and PA. Facilities were great and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was basic but good range. Parking was surplus and staff were very friendly.

Will visit again if in that neighbourhood.

Room Tip: preferably towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paramus? Share your experiences!