“Great Hibathchi style restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great Hibathchi style restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The food was excellent, the atmosphere relaxed but beautiful, and the staff very efficient. Get there early for dinner to avoid a wait.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
New York, NY
“My favorite place for Shushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to this location at least 50 times over the past 8 years and my sushi dishes have always been fresh and tasty. I prefer their sushi more than many of the places I visit in New York City, where I live. I have also had their steaks and udon dishes and have never been disappointed. They used to have fresh kimchi which was excellent and I wish they would bring it back. The atmosphere is upscale and pleasant and they offer conventional as well as hibachi tables. The food is reasonably priced for what you get. The only negative is the service at the conventional tables can be inconsistent but never bad. It is one of my select regular places to eat.

Visited March 2014
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Not as great as I had hoped....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had my birthday dinner here. Too busy for my taste. People were waiting even with reservations. I was presently surprised however to have such a great hibachi chef who was truly entertaining and seemed to be the saving grace. The service is "meh" and the food was super salty. I was taken aback and just how salty it was. I did like the sushi as appetizer, it was very fresh and tasty. However, the dessert was pre-made or store bought and really was disappointing also. I don't know that I would go here again. Overpriced to say the least and mediocre at best.

Visited January 2014
United States
“DON'T EAT AT KIKU!!! IT'S FILTHY!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

DON'T EAT HERE!!! IT'S FILTHY!!!!!

Tonight's experience was absolutely UNFORGIVABLE!!!! The chef was good, as was the food (not great, especially for the price, but good). However, a gentleman at the opposite end of the table became sick to his stomach, at the table, and it took ten minutes for someone to attend to the mess! THIS WAS NEVER EVEN SANITIZED!!! One of the busboys took a napkin and wiped the mess, which smeared it all over that end of the table, and then left the napkin there. No one used bleach, or ammonia, or any type of cleanser!!!

Another gentleman at the table asked for the manager, who was not interested in doing anything about this, nor compensating anyone at the table for this unbelievable situation. The staff was DEPLORABLE, especially THE MANAGEMENT!!!! We were given the check before dessert, so I handed it back to the waitress and let her know that no one asked if we wanted dessert yet. She said, "We have other people waiting so we are not offering dessert." I was APPALLED!!!! I said, "We'd like dessert." Then when I had taken one spoonful of ice cream, another waitress came and grabbed my dish, and then said, "Oh, you're not done." NO, I was NOT DONE, since my dish was FULL!!!!!!

Then I asked for the manager, who still didn't care about what went on at our table, and the mess that was still there, visible to all the patrons at every table. I asked the woman behind the register if she knew what happened at our table. She said yes. Then I asked why nothing was done and she IGNORED me, and turned her head, and walked away WITHOUT GIVING ME MY CHANGE FOR THE BILL!!! I said, "You didn't give me my change." She said, "I gave it to you." I said, "You know very well that you didn't." Then she took out my change and handed it over.

FILTHY, RUDE, DISGUSTING THIEVES, and I will NEVER eat here again!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“New York Sushi Quality in New Jersey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Lets get the negatives out of the way first..

The location on state route 17 south is not the 5th ave by any stretch but once inside you wont know the difference. The wait staff has something to be desired as they tend to be distracted,
lackadaisical and easily overwhelmed.. My recommendation is to order at the sushi bar as the chefs behind the bar are as good as any I have seen.

ok, that's done, lets eat..

Probably some the most creative, inventive and tasty sushi in northern New Jersey. The chefs all take great pride in what they do and it shows in every slice of fish. The super fresh fish and perfectly assembled rolls will satisfy the most discerning sushiphile

The chefs specialty rolls are all top notch in both assembly and flavor. A nice Sake selection adds to the experience with Jumai through Dai Ginjo choices.

You never feel rushed and can hang around eating and drinking for hours if you like. Beware that what tastes as good as NYC can cost as much. These beautiful slices of fish, rolls and small plates can add up quickly. It is this reviewers opinion that it is well worth it if you don't want to take the tunnel.

The space is very nice and open with plenty of room. there are banquet areas available upstairs which also looked very nice.

All in all you cannot go wrong with Kiku and you will certainly enjoy the experience.

Enjoy!