“Food is nothing short of terrible, but there is a lot of it if that's what you're into.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of El CID Restaurant

Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Clifton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food here was awful, particularly when you consider how many great Spanish restaurants there are in the NY/NJ area. Also, some of the staff are rude and thoughtless. The portions are huge, but who wants to eat that much less-than-mediocre food?!? I'd rather have less of something good than a whole lot of terrible.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Mahwah, New Jersey
“It's great every time we go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant! We have been here many times and it never disappoints us - they have the BEST sangria, biggest portions of food and a prime rib you will never stop talking about. We have taken many friends to El Cid and everyone loves it! Unfortunately, they don't take reservations, however, they have a downstairs and an upstairs bar that you can hang out by while waiting for your table. The shrimp gambas and chorizo appetizers are our favorites and homemade potato chips are amazing! The entree portions are huge and always delicious. We will continue to go to El Cid as we have been for many years!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North New Jersey, United States
“Lobster, Shrimp and Steak....soooo good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We went for a family dinner because we wanted Lobster and we got exactly what we wanted. The portions are huge, food delicious, especially the tails. The restaurant itself is dated, but has no bearing on my review. The food was excellent and we will be going back. A good Tip; Don't get appetizers if you are ordering a main course or eat lunch if you are going for dinner. We had leftovers from each dish. I had the lobster and shrimp in garlic sauce and highly recommend it along with the surf and turf. Enjoy!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yonkers, New York
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of my favorite steak houses. My sirloin was cooked to my order, tasty, and big! I ordered prime rib, but they had none left, due to a large party that night. A little better planning on their part and I'd be commenting about their signature dish, the prime rib. Restaurant was noisy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Special Occasion Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've eaten here several times the most recently with a work group last Thursday. We split some appetizers, some had the salads and I had the potato soup. Entrees included the scallops, the pime rib, baby lamb chops and another beef dish. Everyone raved about their food, the homemade potato chips were amazing, and we stopped before we were stuffed because we wanted to share some desserts. No one left empty handed, my left over scallops were more than many restaurants original portions! The room is large and carries sound, so the only negative is it gets very loud and there was a toddler with a piercing scream. Perhaps after the first few minutes, the manager could have offered them an area upstairs since it wasn't crowded, or offered them assistance. No one from management seemed to approach the table . We've all been there, in that position, with a screaming child, but perhaps the family was waiting to be asked so they could wrap their dinners or move, etc.... Ignoring them just made the rest of us on edge. (we watched their table for quite a while, as they were close to us).
Food excellent, portions immense and great quality, ambiance, off this time....

• Visited May 2013