“Awesome pancakes!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Allendale, New Jersey
“Awesome pancakes!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Ah!! I suggest this place to so many of my friends!! The service is great and the food is even better!!! I leave here full and satisfied every time!!!!! :)

BERGEN COUNTY,N.J.
“Great Service,Excellent Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Have eaten here several times,the staff is always friendly.We have tried many different breakfast items and have never been unhappy.First time we went was a Sunday and that was a mistake,to crowded and too long of a wait.Thats what happens when the food is good,cannot understand the other reviews??

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Nutley, New Jersey
“I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The food is good, but like others have said, just too sweet. I always have to order something salty when I get pancakes and here there is just too much food if I order both pancakes & home fries. Plus, they give you corn bread appetizers for the table. Nice touch, but they are REALLY dry. I'd like to see them modify their menu to have more breakfast combos that include both sweet & salty foods and to maybe reduce their pancake options in half. Then they could rotate the options they cut from the regular menu as weekly specials. I bet they could lower their prices if they did this.

The atmosphere is loud and it can feel very crowded. It didn't have the homey feel that I like when I go out for breakfast. The service wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. I hate it when a server doesn't connect with me on a personal level. It is the difference between a good tip and a great tip.

Perhaps with a few changes this place has the potential to become a great local spot. But, this is NJ and there are lots of diners serving excellent breakfasts 24-hours-a-day to compete with so they really need to step up their game!

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Wanted to love this place but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I love this idea of a pancake house right on Rt. 17, I wanted to be able to go with kids, friends, etc. But unfortunately, this place just didn't deliver. There was a 10 minute wait which wasn't bad-they gave us a pager and the wait went quickly. We sat and they came by with a delicious cornbread-nice touch. I was surprised that the exterior was so warm and new while the interior was too..industrial looking? I am not a fan of piping and an exposed ceiling, especially on a normal height ceiling-just not good for a pancake house. Noticed that even thought they were busy, there was just too much staff in the place. They were all wearing black shirts and that's all you would see-a sea of black shirts. The place is tight so this didn't help. Ordered the pancakes but everything was very sweet. The recipe for the actual pancake has to be improved as we should be able to taste it and not just sweetness and whatever else was in it. I also was bummed that we couldn't get a small order of eggs for the table to pick on-they only have it as an actual entree with homefries and such. This place could be great with less staff, improved menu, and better tasting pancakes--for the price, these things should be great. With their location, it would be a win-win.

Visited April 2012
Highland Mills, New York
“How could they be soooo bad?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were a group of 6 friends who decided to try this restaurant for Sunday brunch/ lunch. As it only a few miles down the road from an IHOP, we thought it had to be at least as good. There is always a line here on Sunday, so we thought we would give it a try. We were so disappointed!
The only item that was delicious was their complimentary corn bread. The wait stafff was excellent-- very attentive. It was all downhill after that,
We each had different meals, and each was terrible. The breakfast burrito was hard. The french toast was dry, even with syrup. The bacon was inedible-- so hard that we could not cut it. When we sent it back, the next order was disgusting-- slimy and fatty.
There are several excellent diners nearby. I do not understand why people wait in line to eat here.

• Visited March 2012