“Chakra...Positive Energy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chakra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 118 restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arcadian Avenue
“Chakra...Positive Energy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I had once of the best meals we have had all year! I had NJ corn crusted salmon served on polenta and he had TC steak. Both were outstanding! Compliments to the chef! Our server, Trish, was wonderful, very professional, courteous, and helpful! She offered tastings of two white wines when I couldn't decide which I would prefer. When we told her it was our wedding anniversary she offered us complimentary glasses of champagne. The decor is lovely, you feel that you are dining in an upscale restaurant, and you are! Give Chakra a try, you won't be disappointed. Try the lemon drop martini...yum!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time dining here. Just as good as the first. Our table had the corn chowder that was perfect. One other at the ate had the grilled calamarie and she raved sour it.

I had the chicken confit that was very good. The meat fell off the bone and was served with an olive ragout that added a perfect salty taste to the dish. Everyone else had the sea bass that was glazed with a chili sauce that they enjoyed.

Dessert was just as good. I had the blueberry cobbler - the best. What the others ordered really does not matter.

Visited August 2013
Parsippany
“Save your time and Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well to start I arrived first for Anniversary date.... went to bar to have a cocktail 5 people at the bar actually sat there for 10 min while the bartender chatted away which seemed to be his regulars not a problem but just don't ignore other patrons. He finally turned to offer me a drink I asked for Blue Cheese olives not a very big deal request since everyone is doing them now.... NOT Chakra he answered with we don't do bc olives here. OK lets move on to Matrie 'D' I asked if we could turn the tv on that was an instant NO again we don't turn on the tv during service that's fine than take it DOWN.

We did get a booth very nice, Server very friendly and well versed on the menu but than downhill on the food Leg of Lamb souvet C'mon chef experiment on your own time not on the guest experience. The lamb went back after the first bite than I ordered Chicken Legs I don't know how u could destroy those but they did overcooked rubber legs I don't mean like stewed I mean rubbery. My girlfriend ordered salmon (RARE) guess what way overcooked went back than came out raw. We've gone to quite a few restaurants in our time but this place is the worst.

I heard that the chef was from the Manor in west orange... What did he learn there?

No coffee or dessert. No visit from Manager or Matrie "d.

$200.00 check at the end again server very good but they charged us for everything....
Never,ever again.... Good luck Chakra just not with us...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nice design & romantic get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Love the place, am not big on the food, but sushi was fresh & combinations of salamis plate ok.. Well I always go back there for atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wayne, New Jersey
“great food...great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I bought a Groupon Coupon for this restaurant and used it on Saturday, July 27th. The restaurant is not impressive from the outside but is very lovely inside...lots of candles, very romantic. My husband and I split the watermelon and tomato salad..very tasty. My husband had a chicken special and I had the black linguini..both very good. We split the brioche bread pudding for dessert. We enjoyed the meal very much and our sever, Melissa, was terrific. We felt like we had known her for years. She was informative, offered great suggestions and couldn't have been nicer. She is one of the reasons that we will go back.

• Visited July 2013