“Good value and room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Paramus

You added Courtyard by Marriott Paramus to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Route 17 North, Opening in April 2008, Paramus, NJ 07652   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Good value and room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed on business. Nice room, clean and well kept. Shower had good pressure. Small bar. The parking was ample. The hotel was updated and clean. The staff was nice and I had no issues. A good value and a good noght sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We appreciate your review of our hotel and thank you for your comments. Please visit us again during your next trip to the Paramus area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a newer hotel located roughly between the two largest malls in Paramus. If you are traveling to, or even through the area enroute to upstate New York like we were, this is on of the best hotels we've stayed at in the area over the last couple years. Breakfast included. Nice are for business travelers. There is also a bar area for later.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you continue to be a frequent guest of our property and appreciate your business. We hope to have you as our guest many more times!
You did mention that breakfast was included, but I wanted to make clear that this is only if you book a breakfast inclusive rate, or have a negotiated corporate rate that includes breakfast. Breakfast inclusive rates are usually available and offer great value. Please call the hotel for more information.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am a fan of Marriott properties.. This year I've stayed with Marriott for over 75 nights and have platinum status.

The rooms are great for a Courtyard, that's about the only positive thing I can say. Actually, there's a great burger place (White Mana Burgers) nearby, I highly recommend trying this out.

The lobby looks like the lobby of my freshmen dormatory, very unimpressive. The workout room is average, and it's in a pretty bad location on a busy street with nonstop traffic at night. Try and get a room thats on the other side of the hotel.

I had a confrontation with one young female employee who was at the front desk. I asked for a complementary bottled water and said that I was a Diamond member w marriott (i got my status mixed up) and didn't get a bottle water at check-in, and she sarcastically responded "We dont have diamond members, sorry!".. I explained that I was mistaken and that I'm indeed Platinum w/ marriott and would like a bottled water. She didn't believe me, so we had to look up my room number and had to verify my information for quite some time. In the end, she finally hesitantly decided to give me my measly bottled water... which cost less than $1..

Nevertheless, if you're status with Marriott, they treat you like crap. Don't go here. I recommend the Marriott in Park ridge.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. Our staff takes pride in delivering great guest service and unfortunately your experience fell far short of that. Please reach out to me directly when coming to the area again and we will be sure to make your next stay a great one.
Neptune, Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a suite which had comfortable furniture, plenty of room and a very good shower. Of course it is located along route 17 which is a very busy highway, but so many of the hotels in this area are along the highway anyway. We just used our GPS to use the county roads, which are very good.

The hotel was packed on Thanksgiving night, but noise was not a problem.

• Stayed November 2013
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights last weekend and was very pleased with the hotel and the staff. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked the newer top sheets they are using now at the Courtyards too. The shower was mostly warm with good water pressure. The only negative was no hand lotion left in room. I also liked that they provided coffee/tea throughout the day. Route 17 is quite busy as was the GSP, so give yourself extra travel time. Yes, I would stay here again. Also, they had lovely, colorful mums outside, very seasonal!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our associates. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again the next time you are traveling to the Paramus area.
Palm Beach Gardens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have been staying at this property four times a year for the past 10 years. The service and location is outstanding. Rooms are immaculate and have been able to reserve the same room consistantly. Definitly recommend for a stay in the Bergen County area.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you had another great experience. I will certainly share your comments with our staff to recognize the great job that they did in making your stay a pleasant one. We do hope to have you back with us during your next stay in the Paramus area.
Rindge, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The quality of the rooms was above average, but finding the hotel was a pain. It is a tiny entrance that in the dark was tough to find. I drove by multiple times and can't stand driving in New Jersey as it is. Overall it is a quality hotel, once you're there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Paramus, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I do apologize that you found it difficult to get to our hotel. It is true that New Jersey roads in general can be sometimes difficult to navigate. Our front office staff is very helpful in assisting travelers from out of state find the best route to our hotel. We certainly encourage anyone who might have difficulty to call one of our local direction experts at the front desk.
I am happy that you enjoyed your room and found us to be a quality hotel. We do hope that you return to us during your next visit to the Paramus area.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Paramus? Share your experiences!