“Valentines Day Massacre” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Just is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 74 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Jake Brown Rd & Fairway Ln
Description: JUST Restaurant & Lounge is a city-style Contemporary American dining oasis located in the heart of New Jersey. Our menu consists of artfully prepared culinary creations that diners have described as “too pretty to eat”. But rest assured- each ingredient works together in a way that appeals to both the eye and the palate. Our culinary team chooses only the best quality ingredients to create the unique plates that set JUST apart from other restaurants in the area. Diners find themselves transported to a different city the moment they step through our doors and every detail in the design works together to set the perfect ambiance for any occasion. Altogether the elegance of the décor, the unparalleled presentation of the cuisine and the attentiveness of our wait staff, your experience at JUST is guaranteed to be unforgettable.
Parlin, New Jersey, United States
“Valentines Day Massacre”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Been here twice before and each time was superb. Just got home after the valentines day fixed priced 4 course menu and I have to say, I'm seriously disappointed. The cost of $86 per person was outrageous for what we were served. The lobster bisque, which tasted great, literally didn't have any lobster in it. The shared 2nd course of smoked sea scallop and pork belly was great but it was the size of a regular appy which we had to share. I had one scallop and a small piece of pork belly and my wife had the same. They should have had given is 2 of each.

The shared chateaubriand was over cooked, bland and had a grainy texture which, to me, means sub par quality. This was the equivalent of a cryo pack filet at the supermarket. Huge disappointment.

Highlight was a lobster flan served with the beef which was delicious and unique ( I'll reserve my comments that this was almost identical in flavor to my lobster bisque)

Total bill for 2 was well over $200. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying for quality food but I'm JUST not impressed with this meal.

Doubt I'll return or even recommend. I went home and made a PB&J since I was still a bit hungry. Wish we went to Drew's Bayshore Bistro instead.

Kudos for a nice glass of champagne and a long stem rose presented to my wife while I was given the outrageous check.

Old Bridge, NJ
“There are restaurants and then there are RESTAURANTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We do quite a bit of eating out and Just is in my top three local restaurants. Outstanding service and interesting chef choices. Cocktails and wine list are extensive as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey Shore
“Good, but falling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We've gone to Just several times since it opened. At the beginning it was SUPERB - expensive, but worth every penny. We went back last week, and while the food is still GOOD, it's no longer as good as it was. I don't know if it is a different chef, or economics, but everything from the pretzel bread to the homemade donut dessert was just not as good as it was months ago.

The waiter was amazing, and charming; the main courses were also GOOD, but not great. And the techno music is still as annoying as it was when I first wrote a review. But unless the food quality improves, it's not worth the cost any longer. Too bad - we need a SUPERB restaurant in our area!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Don't be fooled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Don't be fooled by this restaurant located behind a gas station. The food and service was wonderful. The hot pretzel rolls with Dijon butter was delicious. The thin garlic breadsticks were also yummy. My friends had the crispy pork belly for a starter and loved it. For my entree I had the red zinfandel infused pasta with veggies. It had just the right amount of red zinfandel flavor. For dessert we shared the cropoleon minis and oreo zeppoles. We all preferred the zeppoles. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it is pricey.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“disappoined”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

perhaps I was expecting too much, based on other reviews. I was expecting a very fine culinary experience, and was underwhelmed. The plating was excellent, and each dish looked like it was ready for photography for a cook book. The special, Halibut, was a generous portion, but overcooked, and dry, served with couscous that had almost no flavor or seasoning. The seared tuna was not the top quality I was expecting in a fine restaurant. It was seared well and plated beautifully, but their were strings of tough membrane, that you don't expect to find in sushi grade tuna. Just a personal opinion, but I didn't care for the atmosphere with long lines of tables, side by side, extending from wall to wall in the restaurant. Although we dined early (6pm), and it was not at all crowded, we were seated at a small table, with one couple and group of 4 on each side of us, just inches away. I really didn't enjoy the "extra" conversations. Sorry....Just didn't live up to my expectations.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere