“Girlfriends Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Henry Richard Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
Henry Richard Inn
You added Henry Richard Inn to your Saves list
16 Main Ave, (previously the Castle Arms), Ocean Grove, NJ 07756   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
sloatsburg
“Girlfriends Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Spent a delightful weekend at the Inn as part of Ocean Groves Girls Weekend away. The Inn was comfortable with two fireplaces going along with Inn owner Jane's usual warm and friendly welcome. We stayed in the small apartment (private bath and little kitchen) on the first floor (my favorite room) Although when I go alone, I have a few favorite single rooms on the third floor. Enjoyed meeting new people, ordered dinner in and ate in the little dining room watching Jeopardy on TV. Very homelike, delicious breakfasts and a great place, just one block from the ocean. Will go again soon, with thoughtful discount certificate !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Myself and three friends attended the Girlfriends Getaway Weekend in Ocean Grove this past weekend and stayed at the Henry Richard Inn. It is an older B & B with four floors. We stayed on the second floor in the "large apt". which had a double bed, double futon, full kitchen and bathroom. There were four of us.
I have to say I have been to the Inn before, and for me it was like coming home! Jane is SO wonderful and kind, and she welcomed us all with hugs. The breakfasts were amazing right down to the cute garnishes on the plates. The four of us were very comfy in the apt., lots of room for all our stuff. We played games in the living area in the evening, and as it was cold, Jane had the fires burning to warm us up.
I would highly recommend the Henry Richard Inn for your stay in Ocean Grove NJ! I, for one, will be going back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: There is a small apt that fits 3, a large apt. that fits 4, several single and double rooms. There a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Innkeeper3443, Owner at Henry Richard Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Girlfriends Getaway Weekend was a great success...The cold weather made it nice and cozy to enjoy games, and enjoy the fireplaces....
Breakfast is always a shared event with making new friends and making memories...
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a bed and breakfast with heart. Jane, one of the proprietors, is gracious, fun, and personable. We stayed in the large apartment, which was quite comfortable and the main area downstairs is full of over-stuffed couches, comfy chairs and a warm fireplace. Breakfast was excellent and we felt at home immediately. This was my first visit, but Jane treated me as if I were part of the family. There was a constant flow of "locals" and visitors that filled the inn with laughter and conversation.
Although it's February/March, it was still wonderful to be able to walk one block to the beach for a stroll and I'm sure we'll return when it's warm to enjoy the beach for a swim! I would highly recommend the Richard Henry Inn to anyone visiting Ocean Grove.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "large apartment" and I didn't see any other rooms. It was the perfec...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Innkeeper3443, Owner at Henry Richard Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thanks so much for such a nice review...The weekend was fun and I got a chance to meet new guests and make new friends!
Bolton Landing,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Inn is a great location near the beach. The restarants in the area are outstandig, The Innkeepers, Jane Johnson and Carol Renzland make my friends and I feel like we have come home with their warm welcome. and great breakfasts. My friends and I have been comiing here for years and plan to contine for mny more,

Myra Cardone

Room Tip: Request room on the second foor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very family oriented. This place feels very homey. The owners are very nice people. The location is so great, so close to the shops and the beach! The town is very cute but does not allow alcohol. This is a great place for kids though the rooms are kind of small.Would return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sunbury, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We come back to the Henry Richard every year! I grew up in the area and staying here is like coming home again. The rooms are comfortable and clean, breakfasts ample and delicious, and the location can't be beat (one block from the ocean, two blocks to town)! The innkeeper, Jane, is warm and welcoming, always helping make connections by introducing guests at the friendly breakfast. If you want a very fancy hotel, this isn't for you. If you want a clean and comfortable place to stay that is friendly, convenient, relaxed - and just like coming home...THIS IS IT!! We love it here and have made some wonderful family memories staying at the Henry Richard!

Room Tip: Double rooms and small apartments are available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is like visiting my grandmother's farmhouse, but on the beach. The owners are friendly and accommodating. My bed was comfortable, with soft clean sheets and bedding. I'm very sensitive to smell and mold, and this place always smelled fresh, which helped me feel at home. It was a real treat to be so close to the beach, its a short block away. One block the other way, there are some great places to eat, including vegetarian options, two great ice cream shops (Day's icecream has vegan options! Woot!), a really great pizza place, etc.. There are lots of single rooms, which makes it more affordable for a single person like myself, but the guests were a mix of singles, families and couples.

My one real complaint was that there are no shades on the windows! The sun woke me up very early the first morning. The second morning, I put a towel over the window and solved that problem.

I really like that this place was more warn and comfortable. If you are looking for somewhere posh or sleek and new, this isn't the place for you. Go find an expensive hotel. The building is old, full of history. The walls are patched, the toilet has to be flushed just right. If you're like me, that's just about perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Henry Richard Inn? Share your experiences!