“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Neptune, New Jersey
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Seagrass is always a good time. The seafood is always fresh and well done. The venue is not crowded (there is plenty of room between tables for the staff and customers to move around.) The restaurant is in a dry town, so you will need to purchase any wine or beer before coming through the main gates. I highly recommend the warm calamari salad, but will warn you that it is a meal in itself.

We live only 10 minutes away and have access to a large variety of Jersey Shore seafood restaurants; Seagrass is a favorite for dining indoors / outside in warm weather and takeout.

• Visited October 2012

86% Recommend
lakewood, nj
“Good food,Large protions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to Seagrass in Ocean Grove for lunch today. Nice size menu from burgers to pasta. I had the turkey club, fresh turkey, killer cranberry relish and stuffing. Added steak fries ($1.00 more) must have been a half a pound of them. Had to leave some fries behind, trust me, i never leave food on a plate. Wife had the lobster blt. Big chunks of lobster on brioche, almost too big to bite into. Lobster was $17 and considering other places in the area charge $15 for a lobster roll half the size, it was a bargin. As it was around 3:30 we had the place to ourselves. Help was on time but never intrusive. We will go back for dinner, but lunch was the best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good for restaurant but not good for customer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Have been in this restaurant many times for lunch and dinner but will never go again when I see that most of the tables are taken. I switched restaurants Saturday night so I could bring my company there, big mistake.
Wait staff are always polite but when they are rushed they make me fell uncomfortable and I feel like I need to rush too. Bad management or do
I expect to much for my money?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakhurst, New Jersey
“Pleasant dining experience--they know seafood here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our evening started with a warm greeting from our hostess. Busy place in a great town. Four of us enjoyed our meals. Seafood was nicely prepared. Nice sized calamari appetizer was good. New England clam chowder was okay, not great.

SeaGrass does know how to prepare fish... they don't go crazy with sauces, and I welcome that. I had the baked grouper; others had the tilapia special and the salmon. All were nicely prepared and tasty dishes. Plates were cleaned.

Overall very good. A bit pricey for what you get. Salads are ala carte. Service is a big plus. This is a BYOB, and they are very attentive.

We would go back, so go enjoy, and order fish with confidence!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Wonderful pre Valentine dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Visited Ocean Grove for an overnite in the Majestic Hotel {more like a B & B } and had dinner at the Sea Grass.
Service was excellant. Very clean and modern decor. We opted for the dinner special of three courses for $25.00. We were not disappointed. I had grilled tilapia over wilted arugala with sauteed fennel, shitaki mushrooms and almonds. My husband had mahi-mahi over sauteed kale and mashed sweet potatoes. Each was wonderful and almost to pretty to eat. The french onion soup was very good. Dessert was also so very good. Hope you give it a try.

• Visited February 2013