“Inconsistant, slow, and can be rude.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Inconsistant, slow, and can be rude.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I believe the only reason for the high ranking here is because it is a cute place, and there are just not that many options in Ocean Grove for a sit down meal.

The service is inconsistent and slow. The man that sits sentry duty (otherwise known as a host stand) is obnoxious, and rude. I believe he is also the same person that answers the phone. He has obviously never been taught any form of etiquette. A little bit can go a long way. He takes your name, tells you it will be 30 minutes. You take a little walk and come back in 15 or 20 to check the status and are told, "I called you name and you didn't show so I gave you table to someone else so you will have to go to the bottom of the list." The you tell him, "You told us 30 minutes, we came back in plenty of time, and you gave our table away, so why do we have to go to the bottom of the list?" his reply, "Because you weren't here, I can't help it is the table was ready sooner that I told you, that isn't my fault." reply "Okay, but why do we need to go to the bottom of the list?" reply, "because you weren't here when I called you name, as he motions you aside and takes the next name, tells them 30 minutes. they ask if they should take a little walk and come back. He says yes ---- so starts the never ending circle.

Because of convenience, we will go to Nagles, but it is not often. Every time I do, I want to kick myself and I remember why is is late August and I have not been there all summer.

It is a shame because this place is full of charm and really does have the potential to be something great, plus it is just around the corner. I so badly want to like this place. I really do, but this is a tourist town with few options, they will never be short of customers and forced to change their ways.

I will not make the mistake of being taken by the charm of the fun old building again after the treatment I received when I called a few minutes ago to place a take-out order. The conversation went like this... "Nagles." me: "Hi, I would like to place a take-out order." reply in a nasty tone: "You are just going to have to wait a minute, I don't have time right now, I have other customers I have to take care of first." A more constructive and polite way would have been, "Would mind holding for a minute? I have a line of customers that have been waiting." or simply, "Would you mind holding for a minute?" Now, this may seem like I am being petty, but it is the proverbial last straw. An even better solution to their problem, spend a few $$$ and hire a receptionist to handle the phone if you they are always that busy.

Good bye, Nagles. I wish I could say it has been pleasure. Sorry it had to end this way.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“The Daily Cooked Turkey Breast Is To Die For!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Daily cooked turkey breat is delicious and the ice cream is great! Service was a little lacking as there was a mix up with our order and a wait of over an hour for our food. This place is a little on the loud side but overall tolerable. The young man taking reservations has a bit of a "Jersey Shore" thing going but it was actually kind of humorous!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
hoboken
“Something for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

One of the best chicken cheesesteaks around. Also really good salads. Staff is fabulous with the kids. Side window open for those just seeking icecream. Great central locations as well.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place in a cool town...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The girlfriend and I stopped here for a bite to eat and feel in love with the place. Great eatery with oldschool look and feel. My girlfriend enjoyed the tuna melt (one of the best she's ever had) and I had the Buffalo Chx wrap which was extremely good. Both were filling lunch meals and came with FF or chips and a pickle. For desert, we each had two scoops of their famous ice cream, all for a very nice price. We would def. stop here again when we are in the area. Ocean grove itself was pretty nice to see as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“amazing as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

nagle's is so special. amazing ice cream. great vibe. love the saturday night music in front of the store with alla! what a scene, as always.

Visited August 2012