“Sea Spray Inn, Ocean Grove, NJ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Spray Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
The Sea Spray Inn
19 Broadway, Ocean Grove, NJ 07756   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Frederick, Maryland
“Sea Spray Inn, Ocean Grove, NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Sea Spray Inn in Ocean Grove, NJ. Mary Ellen and Eric (and Katie) were amazing. They are the perfect hosts and provided me with everything. The view of the room was as advertised on the web site, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the room was very clean and nicely decorated. The food they cooked and served was great. They knew the history of the area and had good recommendations for places to eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We dropped in for our first visit. We really liked the Inn and the location. Our hosts, Mary Ellen & Eric were so receptive and helpful, we felt welcome right away. The public areas and rooms are nicely done and we had everything we needed.

They were very helpful with information about local restaurants and other things to see & do. Although the weather didn't cooperate, the beach is right there. We still had a nice view of the ocean from our room.

Our breakfast was lovely, with all kinds of home baked treats. We so enjoyed our stay--and will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Sea Spray Inn is wonderful. Mary Ellen and Eric could give seminars to other innkeepers on how to make guests feel welcome. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a place where every last detail was so pleasing. The house is beautiful, the rooms thoughtfully appointed, the breakfasts delicious. But it is the feeling of real hospitality that will bring us back -- and soon, I hope!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Memorial Day was our 5th time back to the Sea Spray Inn. It truly feels like a home away from home. Mary Ellen just outdoes herself with her hospitality. She is always there when you need her and in the background when you don't. It happened to rain most of our stay and we still had an amazing time. The food is delicious (three-course breakfasts), the rooms are so comfy, and Eric and Mary Ellen are great conversationalists. Let's not forget Katie the wonder dog! I am so happy that we have our inn by the beach to return to time and time again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - can't give away my favorite :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a wonderful time at The Sea Spray Inn this week.
Mary Ellen and Eric made me feel so much at home and my room was more than I ever expected!
The breakfasts were amazing and I will be going back again very soon.
I loved every moment of my stay!

Room Tip: The Lavender Room where I stayed has an ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this charming Bed and Breakfast with my Fiancé for a relaxing getaway near the shore. When we arrived we were immediately welcomed by Eric and shown the house and informed of the amenities. We stayed in the Master Bedroom that had access to a private deck with a great view of the Ocean and Lake. The décor was outstanding and the Claw Foot Tub was a pleasure. The next morning we woke up to aromas of breakfast which drew us downstairs. We had the best Crumb Cake I have ever had with coffee and juice. Next came the egg soufflé which was out of this world. They also serve fresh fruit at breakfast. Everything is all natural and organic so you don’t often get the flavor of real home cooking. Mary Ellen is a wonderful culinary artist as well as a gracious hostess. Her blueberry pancakes were excellent and the Vegan Orange Cake is to die for. Wine and cheese was served on Saturday at 5:30 and we got to know our hosts better as well as the other guests. I felt like I was visiting with family. You are made most welcome there and you know it is genuine. Mary Ellen and Eric have a wonderful place and know the area extensively if you want something to do or a recommended place to have dinner. I travel often and have found that there is not a more comfortable and enjoyable environment The Sea Spray Inn. We highly recommend it.

Bruce A. Brecht and Mary Gamble

Room Tip: Get The Master Bedroom for the outdoor deck and views. Also the Claw Foot Tub is sooo relaxing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Haledon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been a guest of The Sea Spray Inn many times over the past three or so years, and as such one may safely assume that I am a "regular". The reason I am writing this recommendation is there is a big difference between visiting somewhere once and having a wonderful experience and then going back again and that experience was in no way repeated. I am here to assure you that you will be welcomed like an old friend whether you are there for the first time, or whether you have been going there every week of every summer for the past five years. They make you feel like family. They don't intrude on your privacy, they are always there for whatever you need, and you are never made to feel like an imposition. Guests here have the great fortune of being able to take for granted Mary Ellen and Eric’s hospitality. You may take it for granted that you will be served the best breakfast/brunch that you have had to date. You may take for granted that your room (whichever one you choose for that visit) will be warm and inviting, impeccably clean, that whatever bed you sleep on is likely more comfortable than our own! Every time you make a reservation, you will get a message before hand inquiring where you have any special requests. Who does that? The housekeeping staff is so quick and quiet that the only way you know they'd been there at all is when you go back to your room after a day of shopping or at the beach, your room is clean and a chocolate has been placed on your night stand! If I seem biased in my fondness for this Inn, its true - and it stems from the warm hospitality that I am afforded each and every time I have visited.

Room Tip: Each room has its own decor - visit the website and chose one that speaks to you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Sea Spray Inn? Share your experiences!