“Hospitality plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sea Spray Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
The Sea Spray Inn
Save Saved
You added The Sea Spray Inn to your Saves list
19 Broadway, Ocean Grove, NJ 07756   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Hospitality plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I needed a last minute place to stay close to Bradley Beach. Mary Ellen and Eric were able to accommodate. Extremely friendly atomosphere, comfortable room and great breakfast. Will definetly return with family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My mother and I recently spent a "Birthday"weekend @ "The Spray Inn". The expirienced was outstanding. Mary Ellen and Eric are warm, inviting, friendly, dedicated and specially sweet in making one feel, cared for and appreciated. The "Inn" is delicious, like Mary Ellen's food. It's an ideal place to rest, recover from the stress of the city, to enjoy, the Ocean, and feel better than home, since somebody is making sure you have absolutly everything you could possibly need. We've been in B&B's around the world, I can assure you, this is at the top of my list. The Best!!! Patricia K and Barbara Crean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I used to visit my grandmother who had an Ocean Grove guest house until '73 I felt the need for a trip down memory lane and needing a place to stay before a Springsteen concert, this seemed the right time. My husband found the Sea Spray right here on TA and with these reviews we knew this was the place. Mary Ellen and Eric (oh and Katie the dog) are the warmest people you'll ever meet. They are passionate about being innkeepers. It's evident from the moment you walk in the door to the parting good byes. You feel as though you are visiting old friends who have a great house by the shore. We stayed the Master Room. It's large and has a balcony with a view of the ocean. This is not your cheesy, potpourri B&B--everything is tastefully done. Breakfast, served on the porch, was great. Eggs to order, two kinds of cake, fruit, tea/coffee. We left full. My only comment would be an earlier breakfast, but early tea and coffee are available and it made me take a walk along the beach to watch a stunning sunrise. We will definitely return and recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the Master Room if available.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeview, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We've been to The Sea Spray three times now and will come back again. We use it as a portal for and return point for international travel. Eric and Mary Ellen are very understanding and helpful, and the location is great ... right next to the Atlantic Ocean and the New Jersey Boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

It was like visiting family at a gorgeous, beach location. Ocean Grove is so quaint & The Sea Spray ended up being a fabulous choice. The innkeeper's, Mary Ellen & Eric, were so lovely & welcoming. They really make you feel at home. We were served a delicious breakfast every morning, which also included some of Mary Ellen's yummy baked goodies. Oh my goodness...out of this world! When I arrived, I couldn't get over how "exact" my room looked as compared to the website. The house is clean, the bathroom was spotless, the bed was comfy & it was a stone's throw from the beach. Can't ask for more than that! But you get more...you also get the sweet, adorable Katie...their doggie! She's gentle and quiet. You can't help but love her, this Inn & the owners. Can't wait to go back!
Pam

• Stayed September 2012
Washington Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is my second time I stayed here and was not disappointed at all. Both trips were fantastic. Maryellen and Eric are such great owners. This time I went with my sister that was visiting and she was so amazed how clean the inn was and how sweet the owners and their dog were. Even the day we left, the owners let us come back after the ocean day and let us use their bathroom to clean up and change before our trip home. Maryellens breakfasts are delicious which includes her special crumb cake. If you are looking for a great place, this is it. I can not wait till next summer to go back again.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the Rosebud room and the Lavender room and either one was great. The view from the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was the most delightful Inn we have ever stayed in. Fantastic breakfast every morning.
Beverages available all day long. Ironed Sheets!!!, Fluffy towels, including beach towels.
the Inn Keepers meet any need or request. We have traveled to 37 countries and all of our 50 states and we enjoyed this inn better than any place we have stayed. The hospitality was outstanding. Try it, you'll like it..
Bob and Ann, Winston Salem, NC

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sea Spray Inn? Share your experiences!