“Nice Place, would go back” 4 of 5 stars

The Flanders Hotel
719 E 11th Street, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Lewes, Delaware
“Nice Place, would go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I am sorry I read the unfavorable reviews of The Flanders Hotel. The place was clean, staff was very friendly and the room, wow. I was on the sixth floor and was very impressed with the large size of the room and the amenities! The kitchen was complete with dishes, pots etc. even a toaster. The bathroom was loaded with towels and the bedroom had extra blankets and pillows in the closet.
I can imagine in the middle of summer the boardwalk noise would be bothersome. But hey, if you are going to the beach and staying on the boardwalk--noise is inevitable.
Whenever I travel to OC, NJ--this is the place for me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I've stayed at a number of places in South Jersey, and simply put The Flanders is the best - by a mile . . . the hotel lobby is beautiful . . . the heated pool is large and wasn't crowded . . . great view from my room of the shoreline looking south . . . will definitely stay there again . . . you feel like you're in a real upscale hotel, especially compared to all of the plain motels that are at most shore towns.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I am not prone to writing reviews; it's just not something I normally do. However, after a most enjoyable stay at The Flanders Hotel over a recent November weekend, I felt a need to do so.
It has been a number of years since we have visited this wonderful old Landmark and were excited to go. We were not disappointed. My husband and I found the Hotel to be top notch and would both easily rate it among the best. Everything was perfect; the staff was efficient and friendly, the rooms were exceptionally clean, and the service was outstanding.
We came home feeling as we had hoped we would ~ relaxed and rejuvenated. We are already looking forward to Summer as we are in the process of making plans for another wonderful visit. We thank everyone at The Flanders!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The hotel retains it's vintage charm in the lobby area, yet the rooms are modern, spacious, and very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 2-bedroom suite. I can see where it might be a problem in the summer with the rides outside the window, but we were there off-season and it was very nice. A short walk to the boardwalk and ocean, with a view of the ocean from some of the windows. The second bedroom was somewhat cramped with the queen bed taking up most of the space and no closet, but not a huge problem. Free wireless internet is a plus--however, it sometimes took a couple of tries to get one of the signals to stay connected. We were fortunate to stay there for a function with discounted rates--otherwise they would not have been affordable for us.
The food that was served for all the conference meals was excellent--not the usual! All staff persons were very nice and accomodating.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at the Flander's Hotel for a family getaway in Sept 2010 and had a great experience.
We chose this hotel room because of the suite option. We have 2 y.o. and found that a suite is the only way to go...we were able to hang out and relax while he napped in the other room. The kitchenette was also a nice feature...great for storing snacks and drinks in the room.
Our room was clean and nicely updated. The staff were friendly and we really liked that off street parking was included.
We also liked the location. 11th St is centrally located and the hotel is just steps from the beach and boardwalk. There is an amusement park right next to the hotel. I noticed some other reviewers didn't care for it, but we didn't find it to be a problem. It also didn't seem to bother our son who is a light sleeper!
Overall, we had a great experience and made many family memories! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Great if you want to stay in a very loud amusement park. The pool is right up against the roller coaster. Ocean view room - $300 - from which you can see the ocean after looking through the ferris wheel. Not quite the quiet luxury hotel that was advertised. Save your money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Flanders Hotel is located directly behind a large and loud amusement park. My room, 712, was right in the middle of the Amusement park. From the bedroom window I could see the Log Flume; we were close enough so that 2 people in the "log" waved to me as I aped from the window! The Living Room windows offered the carousel, the Ferris Wheel and an assortment of others rides.

And of course, there were the sounds, the screams, the cries of what must have been 2,000 children.

When my Fiance reserved this room there was no mention of the Amusement park. We were told we would receive a "Deluxe Ocean View" for more than $400 a night. No one at the Flanders told us about the Amusement park.

I have been travelling the world since 1987 and this is the first time I have ever thought I will actually get an attorney and sue this hotel. It is that bad!

Never stay in Room 712.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Flanders Hotel? Share your experiences!