“Loved This Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Port-O-Call Hotel

Save Saved
You added Port-O-Call Hotel to your Saves list
Port-O-Call Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Boardwalk, 15th and Boardwalk, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Long Neck, Delaware
“Loved This Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here while attending a retreat...ocean front standard room....great balcony and WOW the view was amazing. Large room, mini fridge and great Keurig coffeemaker in room. Lots of channels on TV....beds were DOUBLE and that seemed small to this King Size bed lover and they were a bit lumpy but again The View!!!

Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious and overlooked beach and pool. Pool and sundecks are delightful...lots of chaise lounges.

Downsize....popcorn ceiling was flaking off and no screen in slider out to deck but hey it was October so no bugs!

Room Tip: Ask for Oceanfront.....otherwise you will have a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GlennLosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your stay at the Port-O-Call hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and our facilities. We do have beautiful rooms with king size beds located on the south side of our building, which referred to as coastline view rooms. The view from this room type gives you an amazing view of the entire coastline. I would like to apologize for the popcorn ceiling. Please be assured that I did have our maintenance department address your concern immediately.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

First time at the Port-O-Call but not the last. You couldn't ask for a better location. Right on the beach and with our ocean view 7th floor room I felt like I was on a ship when sitting on our balcony. Just steps from the ocean but very quiet- just how I like it. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was great. So why not five stars?

Please, please, please consider adding a microwave. There was a little area behind the double sinks that were outside of the bathroom that could be used as a counter with refrigerator underneath and coffee maker on top. Why no microwave? I just want to eat my oatmeal in the morning...
Also, the bathroom was extremely small. I am a small person (5'2") so if I notice it's small, it's small. The toilet was right next to the smallish sized bathtub and seemed very close to the wall in a room where there was only a toilet and a bathtub.

However, I don't come to the shore to sit in my bathroom. The positives far outweighed the negatives.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor to have the most expansive view possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GlennLosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your first experience at the Port-O-Call. We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you make your trip to the Port-O-Call an annual tradition. I do understand your comment regarding in-room microwaves,however after further investigation, it was determined that the entire hotel would have to be rewired to accommodate microwaves and just would not be cost effective.

Again, thank you so much for your review, it is greatly appreciated.

Glenn Losch and Staff
Ocean City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I been coming to Ocean City many years. Almost my whole life. Stayed in numerous hotels. And so far this one ties with the beach club. The view just is to die for. I like to say I never had one complaint about this hotel. I was however shock to see the really poor reviews. I like to tell everyone on TripAdvisor those people have no idea what they are talking about. The food is good. The staff is good. The rooms smell good.

We went down this pass weekend. Made no reservations and was able to get in before 2:00. The woman was really nice. She couldn't book our room to the other people left. But she wrote our names down so we wouldn't loose out on this room. At 11 we returned to pay for the room. At this time we supplied a cell number for them to call us if the room was done early. As soon as we got to Bob's I already had a voice-mail. If my phone wasn't on silent I would have received the call faster. My fault not theirs lol.

Only downfall is the walk to the stores but again that's not the Port-O-Call's fault. But its worth every step I walk for the excellent stay I receive every time. Will return next year. I can't wait to see the specials they offer because my family and myself are already saving our pennies to have a longer stay.

~M

Room Tip: If you have small children I would advise Beach Club Hotel only because it is a walk to get to rides...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We just returned from a 2 day stay. I liked that fact that the hotel was quiet, all except the air conditioner in our room. It was very noisy. We stayed in a standard room. It was small, but nice. It still had a popcorn ceiling, but the hotel is an older hotel. The bathroom was small too. We managed quite well though. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.The restaurant was nice. We ate breakfast while looking at the ocean. It was very pleasant. The server was great too. We did not use the pool but could tell it was well taken care of. I would liked to have had an oceanview room, but they are a bit expensive.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the ocean if you can afford it and when you make reservations, ask to be put...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived on Tuesday afternoon Sept. 4th for a quick 2 night getaway. Had no problem getting a room and the desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. Our 6th floor ocean front room was very clean and updated beautifully for being an older hotel. AC was quiet. Mattress was good. Bathroom had a separate double sink area that is large enough to get ready for the day comfortably. The pool could have been warmer, but it is heading into the off season, so can't hold that against them. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was very quiet and relaxing. It is on the south end of the boardwalk so it is a short walk to all amusements and food. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Ocean/Boardwalk front is the only way to go, great views! Overlooks pool, boardwalk and ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent week in a great family orientated city...it's a dry town so you won't get a lot of young adults who are interested in drinking. Less rowdiness. Hotel is right on the beach...boardwalk...but at the quiet end away from the amusement parks. Very clean and very spacious rooms. Excellent service....rooms were attended to quickly. Typical boardwalk tourist spots but was expected and liked. No booze at any restaurant so it was a family trip.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing south or north....no need for direct ocean views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just returned from a four-day trip to Ocean City, NJ, where we stayed at the Port-O-Call Hotel.

What a fantastic experience! The accommodations are exceptionally clean and comfortable, the service is friendly, and the beach location is wonderful.

I frequently travel for business (and when I am lucky, for leisure!) and tend to be exceptionally picky when it comes to hotels. Port-o-Call does NOT disappoint at all. It is immaculately clean by any standard (not just by "beach hotel standard"), and the little extras (turn down service, chocolates on the pillows, juice and cookies for the kids) are exceptional. The on-site restaurant is good for breakfast - not only from a cuisine perspective, but because they have a separate kids' room with the Wii, TV, and legos to keep the kids busy once they are finished eating. (Helps the adults linger a little bit longer over that very necessary first cup of coffee in the morning).

We opted to save money and get a "standard" room (not ocean view) and even though we looked out over the parking lot, the location was fine. It was not noisy or distracting to our sleep at all.

We will most definitely return to our "big pink hotel" next summer. Kudos to the management and staff for running such a top-notch operation. From the bellman who took our luggage on Day 1, to the waitress who kindly kept my husband's breakfast warm as he needed to leave to take a conference call for work, to the front desk clerks who answered all of our questions with a smile, everyone truly embodied the spirit of hospitality that makes the difference between a good and a great stay.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor overlooking the parking lot and bay area in the distance. The location...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Port-O-Call Hotel? Share your experiences!