“Location,location,location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Pavilion Motor Lodge
You added Pavilion Motor Lodge to your Saves list
801 Atlantic Ave Beach Block of 8th St, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Location,location,location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location on beach/boardwalk side of the street. Park and walk to everything . 1/2 block to boards and beach.Also short walk to downtown shopping area restaurants. Nice family hotel in a nice family resort. We have been coming here for 30 some years. They have great deals for fall stays. The only reason we don't stay here every time we go is because it is not pet friendly and sometimes we bring the dog along

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Slatington, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you're looking for a top-of-the-line, luxurious place to stay (and waste your money), then look elsewhere. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay, then this is the place!

I've been staying at the Pavilion for about 20 years now and it is still a great place to stay. The rooms have always been clean; the service has always been fantastic; I have yet one problem to complain about in almost 20 years of stays! The consistency has been the same and I will be coming back to the Pavilion again and again for more years to come! Sure, you can find nicer places to stay at in Ocean City, but the price will reflect it. Personally, I prefer staying in a comfy place that's priced reasonable so I have more money to spend in the local stores than staying in a luxury condo, cutting into my spending money. Think about it: When at the shore, are you in the room more or out and about in town more?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
West Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Pavilion for the third year in a row! We love how close it is to the beach, and it is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The pool is always clean, and there are sufficient chairs for everyone.This is truly a great family motor lodge. The staff are friendly and helpful. This year we received coupons for a discount at a new yogurt establishment in front of the Pavillion. Its so close to the motor lodge that our family made daily trips to make our own sundaes. We had a great time, and I would definitely recommend Pavillion to families who are planning on visiting Ocean City!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family & I had a great time, desk staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean (we booked two) the pool sparkling clear and clean. We ate at the restaurant that was part of the hotel, the food was delicious. The hotel is perfectly located for just about all Ocean City attractions.
Will be going back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Took advantage of one of their internet specials - one weekend night for an excellent price for beach block in peak season. The hotel was family-oriented. The room was surprisingly quiet at night. The desk staff was attentive and accommodating. I mentioned a needed repair at checkout and they were quick to jot it down. They went out of their way to voluntarily offer helpful little extras, like how to use their outside shower and stay in their lot after checkout, helping to make it a hassle-free weekend get-away. The attention to detail in cleanliness of the room was notable even though the room had older fixtures. The beds were comfortable. The pool was very clean and clear, with a 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 foot deep area roped off - the perfect depth for a young child. The negatives were a stained, worn rug (with a tape repair), and a slight room odor. Replace that rug and it would be a 5-star experience all around. Still, it is everything you want in a classic, beach block hotel and it is very convenient. We did not move the car all weekend, which is one of my definitions of a relaxing time. I want to come back again next summer!

Room Tip: Personally I do not like the fountain view side of the hotel as much since it is away from the main...
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I wanted to take the kids for one last summer get-away. We heard wonderful things about Ocean City and wanted to check it out. The rates anywhere in the area are pricey but Pavillion was the least expensive I could find for an excellent location. Our room was a nice size and clean. We had views of the pool which I liked and both staff and other guests were very friendly. We never had to move the car once we parked because everything was walking distance ..boardwalk, beach, food store, shops, restaurants, etc. The restaurant on the premesis was good - would def go back. All in all we loved it so the following day we toured apartments and booked one for a week next summer. I cannot wait to go back! I definitely recommend the Pavillion and Ocean City -- perfect for families!!

Kingston, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our first trip to Ocean City and we were very pleased. The motel was typical of a seasonal shore motel..but the location was great with no streets to cross to get to the beach and boardwalk. Ocean City is a great town and our stay was great! Thanks

Room Tip: Pool view is the way to go
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pavilion Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!