“Truly terrible at every turn. A tragic establishment.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
The Georgian Hotel
Save Saved
You added The Georgian Hotel to your Saves list
1120 Central Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
“Truly terrible at every turn. A tragic establishment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011 via mobile

The staff is incompetent, rude and disrespectful and even the owners are constantly smoking. The pool is filthy and small. The bathrooms were wretched. I'm confident any New Jersey gas station bathroom would have been far superior. We booked two nights and ended up going home early rather than spending another night with no shower in that disgusting place. The location isn't even that close to the beach. Limited to no parking available. There are curfews for guests. It's no wonder this place is a dump - I googled it and it's been for sale forever. Please STAY AWAY - don't ruin your vacation.

• Stayed July 2010

huntingdon valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

i went with my very tall husband and two young children. we had two rooms adjoined by a bathroom. the rooms were tiny, as was the bathroom. we were practically on top of each other. this place had the absolute minimum of everything. they claim a fridge, microwave and tv in every room. the fridge barely kept things cold, let alone frozen, and in one of our rooms, you could only use the microwave if you unplugged either the fridge or window unit a/c,

when i made the reservation, i specifically asked about a king size bed as my husband is tall. i was told that they would take care of it and i booked for two nights, for a long weekend. when i called the day before to confirm everything, low and behold there are none, and never have been any king beds at the georgian!

when we first arrived, there was no one at the front desk. after standing around for 15 minutes, we called the phone number from our cell and the manager came out.

it boasts on the outside sign - luxurious rooms, large pool. there is no luxury at this place and the pool is quite small. while they were generous with clean bathing towels and little shampoo/conditioner in one bottles, there weren't even tissues in the rooms.
we saw a free breakfast (muffins) one of the two mornings.

also, unless you had a compact car, you had to find a space on the street to park. good luck with that in the summer!

if you just want to have a bed and shower, and nothing else, you'll be ok. i would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010 via mobile

My husband and I came to OC for a 3 day getaway. It was better than I expected. The is very small. But all we did was sleep in there shower and leave. The room was clean,the service was good. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed August 2010
south jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Well, to start I didn't read the reviews my mistake.
My family of four stayed two nights in the what they call the bottom floor two room apartment. It was so small we spent more time around the pool because I felt cramped in the room. The web site said microwave in every room I didn't have one. the bathroom was horrible the molding on the floor was so rotted most of it was missing. The bathroom floor was also rotted when you walk it felt soft. also I looked under the sink for a roll of toilet paper the mold was everywhere and it smelled awful.
IM six feet two inches tall I had to duck to get in the room the door is only 6 feet tall the ceiling in the room was almost as bad I hit my head going between rooms. I figured we can deal with it because ocean city is our favorite place to go. But the next day after spending time on the beach we came back to the room that was not cleaned, beds not made, no clean towels and trash still there. I went to the front desk after a ten minute waite the owner finally came out. I explained to him the problem he said oh I guess they must have missed your room but ill be right down. So he dropped off 4 towels and left. I can go on for along time but you should know by now to stay away. For over two hunderd dollars a night not a good thing.
Thanks for looking and don't go there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pottstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have been staying at the Georgian for about 3 years now. I am returning again This August. The Staff is wonderful...always nice. The last time I went was the summer of 07' and we were sitting on the porch with the manager swapping stories back and forth. My now husband and I are looking VERY forward to going back. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are small but I have been in 3 different rooms so far and they all suited us just fine. The rates are great and the staff are all very helpful!! Just to let everyone know all 3 times that I have stayed there I was given a full refund for my beach tags.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I was very hesitant to use the Georgian for our stay after reading the reviews. But, I must say how pleasantly surprised we were. The front lobby was exetremly clean, the outside showers were clean, the room and inside bathrooms were also clean. The rooms are a bit small, but find a hotel that is almost 100 years old where the rooms arent' small. The only complaint I would have to say I have, is the pool isn't open on cloudy days. I couldn't get answer to that, but, that didn't ruin our stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We were looking for a last minute get-away during the last week of New Jersey's summer season, so we didn't have the luxury of being particular about our accommodations. We knew the property was older and didn't have high expectations. That being said, we remained optimistic. Our room was small, but appeared clean. What we found as we settled into the room causes us to agree with BeachTraveler111 (we may have been in the same room)...stains on the bathroom wall, toilet bowl and underside of bed spread; blanket crumpled in the corner and rather dirty and the owner tried to refund only half of our beach tag deposit upon check-out. Continental breakfast consisted of coffee and sugar (no creamer, donuts or tea). Maid service was non-existent, but the owner emptied our trash can and gave us fresh towels when we asked for them. We were told his housekeepers had left on short notice. If we had paid $89 a night, these short-falls may have been easier to overlook, but at $159 + tax per night, a bit more attention should be given to the guests. The pool was rather small, but clean and the big wrap-around porch provided a nice place to relax. The weather was perfect during our 3-night stay, so we didn't spend too much time in the hotel. If that hadn't been the case, this review would probably be much more negative. If you need to get to the beach and can't find anywhere else to stay, we would reluctantly recommend the Georgian Hotel for an acceptable place to sleep and shower...truly a last resort!

• Liked — Comfortable, relaxing porch
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Georgian Hotel? Share your experiences!