“Get the right room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Get the right room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just stayed there 2 weeks ago for the 4th time in the past 2 years. It is REALLY important to get a room on the pool side (odd numbers). We just stayed in Room 303. It is probably the best room there. Right over the pool, a decent view and very tastefully decorated. The Even numbered rooms have a "great view" of the Acme and the power station. The lower floors have to deal with the walking sound of people above...Crossings is the best lodging deal on the island due to location, location and location....

Room Tip: Room 303 or 301 are the best options.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We wanted to get away for a long weekend as inexpensively as possible but didn't want to risk staying in a dump. I read all the reviews on tripadvisor, along with calling at least 15 hotels. Lucky for us The Crossings had a room available. They were able to book me for two nights, over a weekend on 4 days notice. It's easy to get in & out of town from here being right off the 34th street bridge. Parking was easy with plenty available even though they had no vacancies. Check in was quick, wifi was free. We were given room 304. When we unlocked the door, I literally squealed with delight. The room was crisp, clean and I loved the decor with it's beach theme. I checked the bathroom, very clean and well lit. The kitchenette & table and & were convenient. Bed was comfy. Had to tweek the air conditioner to get it cold, it worked fine.You cannot smoke in the room or balcony but can smoke outside their lobby, which we didn't like doing late at night, there are lots of people wandering through as there is many stores nearby. We loved that we had a wawa attached, acme and CVS next door. It was 3 long blocks to beach if you are hauling gear but we were able to get parked there so we drove it, bikes would have been ideal and they have a rack. It's nowhere near the boardwalk but the amount you saved on the room was hundreds, I had no problem paying 10 bucks to park at the boards. Great playground and tennis courts on the next block. Staff was friendly enough and they offer coffee in the a.m. Pool was adequate. YES, there is a power plant view which is a shame because if you look beyond it you can tell that the view was beautiful before it was erected. Again, it was worth the savings, The room and bathroom are small but were just fine for a weekend. We are already planning for next year, and maybe a night in the fall.

Wallingford PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I would not recommend staying here for more than a night. Stayed in room 231 which faces poolside. Back of hotel overlooks the power plant. Room was clean, mattresses very thin and A/C very cold and damp. Everything in room was wet! Bare bones- no hair dryer, not even a box of tissues! Only plus is free parking and 3 block walk to 34th st beach. Hotel has beach tags but must give them $20 (cash only) for each one. Wawa is connected to motel so breakfast and lunch was easy. Fridge and coffee maker in room but must bring own coffee! Just not a comfortable place but OK in a pinch! Front desk is friendly. Price was reasonable for the Jersey shore as the high season rates had just dropped.

Room Tip: rooms either face poolside or the power plant.
Warren
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed in room 319 with the family for a weekend summer getaway. Checked in around 10pm on Friday night and was told check out was 10am sharp on Sunday. I asked politely if I could get an extra hour late check out at 11am since we arrived so late and the clerk “Sonny” informed me that “this is a shore motel and that it wasn’t possible and to check with June in the am at the desk.” So I woke up early and pleaded my case to her, I explained to her that I saw only one housekeeper on the first floor of this 3 floor establishment and if she could check to see if anyone was booked in the room for later in the day. She stated “That was none of my business and you need to leave by 10am because the maids need to leave by 2PM.” We booked this room through Expedia and since they offer many options we elected not to take a smoking room since they had balconies from the pictures online and in the motel description. Thought we could smoke outside. Upon arrival at the motel, large signs stating No smoking anywhere on the property, on balconies, pool or rooms. A very high cleaning fee would be charged to the credit card if any smoking was detected. Basically you had to walk to the street to smoke or the WaWa parking lot. None of this was mentioned when booking the hotel. All the rooms had one chair in front of door on the balcony. No telephone... yes, you read that correctly, NO TELEPHONE. Hope you don't need to call the front desk for anything. Parking garage is right under the rooms. The spaces are small and several large SUV’s taking up the limited space available for your vehicle. Should of left a note on my neighbors car to leave a [--] can opener since I couldn’t get into my drivers side door. The pool is basically in the WaWa's parking lot and closed at 8pm. The pool has a heater but the temperature of the pool was in the high 60’s and a garden hose was pumping cold water into the pool the entire stay. The two beds in the room were extremely uncomfortable and the mattresses did not fit on the boxspring. The mattress had a large dip in the center and the springs could be felt. Have to say that after walking on the boardwalk all day, the thought of lying on these mattresses to rest was just a nightmare. I had to take Tylenol PM just to sleep. The pillows in the room were hard as rocks and they were of all shapes and sizes, some were very full and others like flatbread. The vanity and mirror are in the bathroom so you have to stand in front of the toilet, close the door to get yourself ready and the light is over the shower so you can't really see yourself. I didn’t even want to risk shaving in the bathroom. The tub did not drain and I stood in an inch of dirty soap water while bathing. The TV was very outdated and most of the channels did not work. The motel claimed that WI-Fi was available in the rooms, but that was not the case. I had to go outside on the balcony or to my car to get a signal. The elevator is a death trap and outdated and this motel reminded me of something me and my parents would stay in back in the late 60’s early 70’s. I would NOT return and would NOT recommend this establishment. The property is located at 34th street and you have to take your car to get to the boardwalk and many of the attractions that OC is known for, and then pay the outrages parking fees. If you don’t mind staying on the mainland in Somers Point or nearby, I would certainly recommend staying at a reputable chain motel where you will be able to check out at a reasonable time and get the service for the price you pay.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I JUST got back from this hotel and must say it is not a 5 star but not a 2 star either....clean rooms, large, good beds, fridge, micro and stove for the kids was awesome. The staff are unreal and very helpful and kind....beach is closeby, GREAT LOCATION with everything around, only thing is the boardwalk is a drive but we didnt mind at all..plus free WI FI (mostly outside our hotel room) which was huge bonus for us ..i would suggest this hotel to anyone looking for place to stay in the area that dont need to be right on the beach...also the air condiioner was a little loud in the room but no big deal to us...our kids loved it and i would def recomment this place to any family looking for a good place to stay in the area

US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Crossings many times and it is no frills but it is clean and our children like that it has a pool and its location is so close to the playground. This time when we went to check in We realized I had booked for the wrong weekend. Sonny at the front desk was so nice and accommodating. He told us he could give us a room for one night and although the weekend was sold out he would let us know if there was a cancellation. He said he would hold the room so we could check around and see if a different hotel was available the whole weekend so we didn't have to change hotels. Well we got lucky and there was a cancellation at the Crossings so we got to stay the whole weekend plus even though it was past the cancellation date for a refund the Crossings gave us a full refund for the weekend we booked incorrectly.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Tried to get a room in OC.. almost impossible on short notice. Stayed at Crossings in Room 236 for 2 nights.. all the way at the end of the hotel on the back, view was not the greatest. I put 'Average' because I expected that, this is 2 star hotel. Rooms are clean, tastefully decorated; little kitchen(we didn't use it), fridge, a/c was working fine, there is no phone(we didn't care, I have my cell), free internet (didn't work well in the our room). Maid Service is working, we didn't wanted anybody in our room so the towels were left by our door, which was nice. Pool is great for us, we went to the beach in the morning and then kids played by the pool after the beach time. There is not many hotels, unless you want to go be 'downtown' - beach is very crowded and tiny there. We wanted to relax and avoid boardwalk action. There is plenty of places to eat near the hotel. Must try Uncle Bill’s Pancake House is on 40th street, 2 min drive from the hotel or 10 min or so walk. There is good kids playground, our kids had a blast there, basketball courts there as well. Very short distance to the beach. This is not a dump..this is shore hotel, tiny but clean and very convenient for us. Nobody rents for 1 or 2 nights at the peek of the season at the shore, we wanted short stay, save some money. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can try to get a room in the front of the hotel or as close as possible to the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Crossings? Share your experiences!