“Location, location, location..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Seattle, Washington
“Location, location, location..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had my teenagers and 10 year old niece with me, and they all wanted to be on the beach by the boardwalk for the two short days we were there, and this hotel was a perfect location to make everyone happy without having to lug beach chairs and bags from blocks away. First impression from the drive up to the building is 'old and tired' but once inside, it's updated, welcoming and refreshing.Check-in was easy. Parking can be tight if you have anything bigger than a crossover SUV. Beach tags come with the room reservations for everyone that would require one, they just have to be returned at check-out or you'll pay $25 for each one missing. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I chose the city view because we were not planning on being in our room except to sleep, so can't speak for ocean view rooms. My view was the parking lot but no big deal. The pool is small but adequate. There are bathrooms with showers at the pool. Ocean City is a family town and this is a hotel full of families that make noise first thing in the morning. I noticed doors slamming and kids running down the halls by 8am. If you're not an early bird, this may disturb you, Just a heads up..don't go here for quiet romance. The kids are excited to get outside. COST-it's not cheap but it's in line with the rest of the waterfront locations on the boardwalk. The absolute best part of staying at this hotel is the location. You literally go out the door, walk across the boardwalk and you're on the beach. Doesn't get any more convenient than that, unless you rent a house on the sand but for staying just a few days, this is much less expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First time for our family of four staying right on the boardwalk, the convenience was so nice. We stayed 3 nights and felt spoiled by the pool/ocean view on 3rd floor. The room was very clean and updated with a pretty beach feel. It felt like a nice hotel, rather than the "motel feel" of some other places where you pay almost the same price. The in room mini fridge/freezer was appreciated. Our kids used the pool every day and it was nice being able to lay out facing the boardwalk. We had lunch at the attached restaurant and it was very good, especially
enjoyed sitting outside with the oceanview. The lobby and interior of the hotel was clean and well maintained. I think it will be hard to beat this place when it comes to location on the boardwalk, great pool, cleanliness & updated decor.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking pool and ocean has to be one of the best rooms, it was a splurge for us but...
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been returned to this hotel since my son cut his first tooth there about 15 years ago and just love it. Its a little pricey but so worth the convenience of going up and back from the beach to the pool while the kids were little. The service is excellent, the rooms clean and comfy and we'll be returning in a few weeks!

Room Tip: We always ask for a second floor room so we don't have to do the steps/elevator after the beach...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a recent vacation to Ocean City. The hotel staff is very pleasant. The checkin process was quick and easy. The room was spacious by the standards I am used to. The room was clean. The carpet is a little dated in the rooms. The electrical socket in the bathroom was crooked. The shower drained slowly. We literally were on the boardwalk within a minute of getting out of the room. The hotel restaurant was good- not wow. We did not get an ocean view room- although next time I will try to get one. If you have kids and want to see one of the frequent fireworks shows- pool view or ocean view rooms are a really good choice. Before I start listing my issues with the hotel- let me stress it is a good hotel and I will go back. There are just a few things to be aware of. The wifi system is spotty. It was up for about a half a day while I was there. The rest of the 3 days it was down- or it would come up for a few minutes and go back down again. You have to have your vehicle out of the really small parking lot by 11 on the day of check out. Even though- you are supposedly not allowed to check in before 2:30. More on that in a minute. There was no effort to suggest places to park after 11. You are allowed to use the pool and their facilities the day of check out- but what good does it do if you cant park your car there? I know it is not a chain- but- I think it is a bit unreasonable. My family wanted to spend some more time on the boardwalk- and even go in the ocean- but I did not want to spend time looking for a spot that may or may not be near the hotel. Oh well- we just left. When I was attempting to load my car- the elevator kept going to the third floor. I was on the second floor. I waited 10-15 minutes before someone finally came to my floor- and let me have the elevator. When I got back from loading my car- the elevator took me to the 3rd floor even though I pressed 2. When I realized I was going to be a few minutes after 11 getting the car loaded, I went to the front desk and explained that I was running about 15-30 minutes behind and my son had been sick. They said it should be ok. Really?????? I was surprised at the lack of sympathy. If the hotel responds- I don't want to hear any excuses. I only want to hear that it will be changed.

Overall- it was a great experience- except the last day. I will stay here again. Also- be aware they require a deposit up front.

Room Tip: Pool view or ocean view rooms are worth the extra!
Hatboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the Beach Club Hotel for only one night. But it was a perfect one night! The front desk is friendly and helpful. We checked into our room and I couldn't believe how immaculate it was. It was updated and perfectly spotless. There was a mini fridge and coffee maker. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was spotless as well. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked great (right on the boardwalk). You can't beat the location. Walk right out of the hotel onto the boardwalk!!! There were also vending machines with snacks, drinks (even healthy options). There is a restaurant onsite. We can't wait to go back and stay longer this time!!!

• Stayed June 2014
jaabarlow, Manager at Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We look forward to pleasing you again in the future. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Bristol, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family of five stayed here for five days the first week of July, 2014. This was our third time staying at the Beach Club Hotel, and we would not stay anywhere else. The location just can't get any better! You are steps from the boardwalk and beach. This was our first time staying in the third floor pool-view room. Not only was there a view of the pool, but there was a great view of the boardwalk and ocean.

Aside from the location, the cleanliness of this hotel is what keeps us coming back. Our room was immaculate upon arrival. Also, each day when it was cleaned it looked just as great as the first day we arrived. Housekeeping staff do a great job of making sure the rooms are spotless, and they are friendly as well. The other areas of the hotel are maintained very nicely also. Throughout the day I would see staff vacuuming, cleaning windows, wiping down pool chairs, and scrubbing the deck area.

The restaurant, the Café Beach Club, has delicious food. We dined there for breakfast every day, as well as a couple dinners. The service is great and staff are very friendly.

Ocean City has become one of our favorite places to go on vacation, and we will definitely be back to the Beach Club Hotel!

Plainsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I just got back from a 3 day mid-week get-away with my 16 year old and her friend. In the past we have always stayed at the Port-O-Call Hotel, but this time I wanted something less pricey. The Beach Club Hotel was great. Agree with the other reviewers that it is clean and well-maintained.

We stayed in a pool-view room with two queen size beds. The room was clean and nicely decorated. We were on the 2nd floor, which is really the ground floor. The room had a sliding patio door that opened right onto the deck by the pool. There is a round table and chairs reserved for your room. The only disadvantage of this room is that you cannot really open your curtains or leave the door open for fresh air or to hear the ocean. I would suggest asking for a "300" room so that you are up one level. Some rooms had private balconies and others had a walkway by their room.

We love the breakfasts at this hotel. As a guest, ask for priority seating for an outdoor table before you go down. The patio is right on the boardwalk and beach. Delicious waffles with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

My only complaint is regarding the beach passes. Since we were 3 "adults" we had to pay for an additional beach badge for $10. On check-in, they give you the badges but then you need to return the badges at check-out at 11 am. So we really only had a day on the beach plus a few hours on the day we arrived. I learned later that you can purchase a day tag for $5 and a weekly badge for only $10 at the beach, so I feel ripped off on the additional fee we were charged.

Room Tip: See suggestion above.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jaabarlow, Manager at Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We are delighted to hear you had a great time in Ocean City at the Beach Club Hotel.

Not to defend, but to clarify, we do charge for people aged twelve and up after the first two. This is for additional usage of water, towels, linens and wear and tear. In addition, beach tags are included.

Should you choose to stay with us again (and we hope you do!), please be aware that if you request to use the beach tags on your day of check-out, we are happy to comply. All we require is a fully-refundable $20.00 deposit. Thank you for your review and have a great summer!

Been to Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!