“Super location and very clean!” 5 of 5 stars

1280 Boardwalk, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Bristol, CT
“Super location and very clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This was our first trip to Ocean City and the Beach Club Hotel, and we will definitely be back again. First, the hotel was very clean, which is most important to me. Our room was very clean, as was every other area we saw in the hotel, including the pool. The rooms were also very quiet. We had families on both sides of our room, and rarely heard any noise coming from either room. The location can't be beat- you step from the hotel right onto the boardwalk. This was the most relaxing vacation we ever took. We did not get in our car once. There is so much to do with the beach and the boardwalk, there was no need to go anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We knew we were paying more for proximity to the beach and decided it was worth the convenience. The problem is, we stayed in the suites, which required us to walk a block and a half around the back, past the garbage dumpsters and up to the beach, lugging our beach stuff. I had envisioned walking right out onto the beach from our hotel. So I'm not sure what we paid for. We've stayed elsewhere for much less $ with similar accommodations. We had a one-bedroom suite which accommodated our family of 5 well. Everything was fine, and for half the price, it would have been perfectly in line with expectations. It's definitely a bit dated, but I don't mind if that's what I'm paying for, but I paid for nicer than this, I think.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Check in time was 2:30, but our family arrived early (11:00) and was greeted by a friendly desk attendant who informed us that our room was not ready, but we were welcome to park our car in the lot, and welcome to use the pool, and shower if we chose to go to the beach. These areas are kept locked and we were issued a key card to use these facilities. We were also given our two beach tags to use at this time as well.

We went to the beach which was very close to the hotel. The hotel actually sits right on the boardwalk which was very convenient. The pool is right on the boardwalk also. I went back to the hotel at 2:30 to officially check in. There was plenty of staff on hand for maintenance and housekeeping, they were all friendly and helpful. The hotel was kept clean.

After retrieving my room key, and grabbing my bags to put in our room, I unlocked our ground floor room on the street side and was instantly disappointed in the conditions of the room. It was certainly clean enough, but the size of the room, and the age of the fixtures were comparable to any room I ever stayed at at another motel for half the price. It didn't take long to figure out that the $315 per night price tag was mostly for the proximity of the beach and boardwalk.

Checkout was at 11:00 the next day, but we woke up at 5:30 AM to take advantage of a tip offered by the desk attendant to park the car a block away for free. The hotel also lets you use the pool/shower facilities, and the beach tags on the day that you check out. This is definitely a huge plus. Anyone who has ever checked out of a hotel on the beach in South Jersey on a Sunday morning at 11:00 knows about the traffic that they are going to be sitting in for the next 4 hours. Having the ability to have that extra time to hang out on the beach or by the pool waiting out the traffic was a big deal, and was almost like having an extra day to stay at the beach.

They have a restaurant next door which was convenient, reasonably priced, on the boardwalk and the food was good. Another nice touch.

I would totally recommend this hotel to families staying in Ocean City, but I would suggest to the ownership to either lower their prices a little, or update the rooms.

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Of course over- priced to many people for such a small pool-I like the beach so it was fine-one of the better hotels in OC- The Beach Club Suites are much better but also $$$-I usually stay there-I recently stayed here because the air conditioning went in a place I was staying in Avalon-The air worked great the room was clean and we just parked and went to the beach-dinner -boardwalk all without moving the car. Wouldn't stay for more then a couple of days-the staff was also very friendly to us. Restaurant was dirty-wouldn't eat there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Christiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Beach Club for my birthday this year and enjoyed it immensely. SUPERB customer service: beach tags at 11:00 a.m., a "key card" to get into the bathroom/shower/pool, both on the day we arrived and the key card for after check-out! Gave us additional towels too at the service desk. Everything is always clean, and organized with no mistakes and that is in over 10 years of staying there. We take my 83 year old mother every year and with the elevator and the restaurant on the premises, she is quite content sitting on her beachfront balcony the whole time. We get their fall special which is "buy three nights, get one free" with two free breakfasts every day. LOVE the B.C. Restaurant too. Great food and service and friendly servers and oceanfront! Highly recommend this place! "Clancy's by the Sea" is a great restaurant just 4 stores away too.

Room Tip: Like Room 321 and the rooms 306-312 which are on the side...less people to look at, just the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was the first time going to the beach with my husband and 2 year old. Our main priority was staying in a conveniently located hotel that was clean. We found what we were looking for with the Beach Club Hotel! Everything was wonderful!

Our room, 226, was right next to the elevators so at first we were prepared to hear a lot of noise but that wasn't the case. It was surprisingly quiet, but I'm not sure if this is because we were there during the week. We were steps from the pool without paying the extra price for a pool view. Our room was a good size with 2 double beds and the bathroom was huge! The view from the balcony was the parking lot but we were here for the beach and boardwalk so that didn't matter.

The location of the hotel is perfect- just steps from the beach which made things easier with a toddler in tow. We also used the pool and liked that they had a kiddy size pool too. I liked that we were towards 1 end of the boardwalk at 12th. If you need a cheap beach umbrella or inexpensive mesh bag to hold beach toys go to Linda's Gifts next door.

We ate at the restauarnt twice- for breakfast and dinner and had delicious meals both times. The wait staff is extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful (it's hard to mess up breakfast) and dinner was fantastic. My husband loved his surf & turf burger and I really enjoyed my lump crab cake sandwich. If you don't mind the extra calories go for the cafe Beach Club crab cake on a croissant!

In all we had an excellent family vacation and are planning to go back to the Beach Club Hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We took the kids down to OC for an overnight stay at the Beach Club and we were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. The location can't be beat and the cleanliness of the rooms and every common area really impressed us. If you've seen most of the other options in OC you realize that most of them are quite tired looking. The pool was clean and our room had to see a remodel this past Winter as things looked new throughout the room. We'll surely return.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!