“OK but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Trenton, New Jersey
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My chicken was a big piece on lukewarm linguine. Waited a while for 3 meals. Bread & salad ok, NE clam good. $80 for 3 dinners & 2 drinks & 2 soups. Was second choice because Spadforas was full & too hot for outside w mom. Waitress was nice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Junk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there for breakfast as Augies had a long line and was starving. Sausage under cooked, no toast with my order but menu stated different. At least coffee was good. I had a feeling it was going to be terrible as it was empty. Pass this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
peri822, Owner at Periwinkle's, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I'm always amazed by the volume of "food critics" out there. The sausage was NOT undercooked. We serve the smaller 1 ounce sausages (the size I'm almost positive this reviewer is very familiar with) which are almost impossible to under cook. If the sausage was not cooked as well done as you would like my suggestion would be to simply inform your server. Not everyone likes their meat cooked well done. On some breakfast items the toast does not automatically come with it, did you ask your server? I am always available during the hours of operation, you could have simply asked for me, if it was as empty as you state, then I would have easily been able to rectify your situation as opposed to the alternative; which is you trying to damage someone's livelihood with a :"review"over a 1 ounce piece of sausage.
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Second to None with Early Bird Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Periwinkle's has become a traditional stop for my wife and I as we take in a wonderful day in Ocean City. We have been customers ever since this establishment opened in 1998. The Early Bird special is well worth the
money spent because the food and service is of top quality!
What other food establishment in Ocean City offers a sea food sampler
buffet along with great entrees complimented with desert and delicious
coffee all for one very reasonable price? Shame on any patrons who have
written any bad reviews...Periwinkle's is second to none!...Joe from Williamstown

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northfield, New Jersey, United States
“Lovely dining experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

As I enjoyed my lavish crabcakes, I was astounded by the service and scenery. The mural on the wall looks expertly painted and really sets the mood of the restaurant. The service was excellent and the salad and meals arrived promptly. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be returning.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“i liked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I were walking past this restaurant and went in to have dinner. The service was fine, the food was good, and the price was right. I would eat here again.

• Visited June 2013