“Last trip there-year and a half ago and enjoyed it! -June 2011.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   712 Ninth Street, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Offers & Announcements
CLICK HERE SAVE 50%
Ranked #6 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
“Last trip there-year and a half ago and enjoyed it! -June 2011.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were there twice. 5 star all around. Karen always went the extra mile to make us feel at home. Her breakfasts? She should audition for " The Next Iron Chef". Room? Above and beyond the call to duty! Great hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Serendipity is such a CUTE place. The rooms are lovely and homey. Bathrooms have plenty of space, bright, and all necessities. But, the breakfast is to die for. The stuffed French toast is the best I have EVER tasted. It is your own little heaven of a meal. We go back as often as we can. I would advise it to everyone.

Room Tip: I loved the Green Room. Windows every where.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a very nice stay. All the staff was super friendly and helpful with our baby. We had a small "apartment" style room which was perfect, except for the super duper tiny bathroom. Definitely would want a larger bathroom next time, but this was the only real problem. Also, there was a very loud party until about 3am outside of our window, but when we finally asked the group to be quiet, they immediately dispersed. Serendipity's owner seemed very sorry that this happened during our stay. Very clean place, nice breakfast, very close to beach, good storage for stroller/bikes, great big parking lot (hard to come by in OC), beach tags provided, etc., etc. I would highly recommend this spot even though it's a little pricier than some alternatives.

Room Tip: Seaside apt has tiny bathroom and can be loud b.c of neighbors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karen718, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
While I would love to take credit for the lovely comments that were made, you did not stay at Serendipity! I do not have any apartments and since my rooms only accommodate 2 people, there were no babies here! I do not have a large parking lot - I lease parking across the street. I am close to the beach - 1/2 block - and I am the staff :) My guests enjoy their breakfasts as you can see from other reviews. I also provide beach tags! Perhaps you stayed at Scarborough Inn which is a very nice place with a very nice owner. I am glad you had a very enjoyable stay in Ocean City, NJ!

Karen - owner of Serendipity B&B
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We recently visited Ocean City, NJ, and chose to stay at this bed and breakfast. The accomodations were quite comfortable, and while the room we were in was a bit tiny, it was not cramped. The bathroom, however, waas the largest bathroom I've ever been in in a bed and breakfast. Aside from the usual necessities, there was literally a small area to sit and read if one would wish to do that.
The breakfasts were incredible. After breakfast, we couldn't eat anythng till dinner, with perhaps a VERY small snack in between. The stay includes beach badges and free parking, about a block away. The B & B is a block from the boardwalk and very near the center of town as well. What we really liked was the price. In the middle of summer (July), we stayed two days, during the week, and the cost , with taxes and fees, was just under $370.00. For the timing of the stay and its proximity to the beach, I think tht's pretty good. And for whatever it's worth, if you ever get a B & B gift certificate from someone (at www.bedandbreakfast.com), this B & B will honor it.
Very much worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I took my daughter for a quick mid week get away and stayed in the Graciously Green room. Karen extended great hospitality and was more than accommodating with our special dietary needs, and the breakfast was amazing! Everything was wonderful and felt so comfortable. I can't wait to return this fall with my husband.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stay at Serendipity every year in April. This year we had incredible weather and a lovely weekend. Karen's hospitality was wonderful, as always, and the breakfasts are so good you don't want lunch. We like the larger room on the top floor,but all rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The location of Serendipity is perfect. Easy walk to everything.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hammonton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We arrived in February (after being preempted by Hurricane Sandra in November).
What a delightful place!
The room was magnificent - clean with a huge bathroom and a sleep number bed!
A TV & DVD player were in the room with a nice selection of movies (and books) in the downstairs parlor.
In addition to a coffee station in the dining room there was also a mini fridge with soft drinks and a microwave for us to use.
There was a large window for breakfast but being on vacation we slept in until the 9:30 (last call) slot.
Breakfast itself was great - fresh baked pastry, juice, coffee and a choice of some type of pancake/waffle, eggs and a third choice as well.

Room Tip: Front rooms are larger with larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Serendipity Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!