“Cute and clean!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Enola, Pennsylvania
“Cute and clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great location with parking nearby. The place does not look fancy from the outside, but it's cute and cozy inside. We stayed in the green room. Small but cozy room with a large king bed and good linens, soft towels. Big bathroom. The room was very clean! The dining area has a bunch of little tables so you are close enough to the other guests but still have a bit of privacy if you are not much of a talker. There was a fridge with soda and there was water and hot water for coffee or tea all night. Breakfast was delicious! Ocean City NJ is a cute little town. We went in the off season so it may be different in the summer, but we had a nice relaxing stay!

Room Tip: green room- big king size bed!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Miami, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011 via mobile

The location is good, because it's a few blocks away from the beach, but the area is not pretty and if you go during fall, or winter, there's nothing to do, not even a single restaurant open. We drove to Cape May and Atlantic City, so that made the trip worth it.
We stayed in room 6, which is really small. The shower is tiny, and the sink is in the bedroom. The bed is twin size, so it was a little uncomfortable for my husband and me. The room was very clean though.
One thing that I didn't like is that you have to have breakfast at a specific time. The day before, you write your name on a list and pick the time you want, but if you arrived after the other guests chances are you will have to wake up very early. So if you're not hungry at that time, or would like to stay in bed a little longer, you can't. The food is ok, by the way.

I have to say that overall it wasn't a bad experience and the owner is a nice lady.

• Stayed October 2011
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I absolutely loved my stay here! I wish I could have stayed longer but duty calls:( I stayed Oct. 10th-11th. We were sooo lucky because the weather was awesome! We were just in time for the Indian Summer Seafood Festival on the board walk, which is less than a 1/2 a block away!
Some of the features that I enjoyed at this B&B were the dvd selection, couples games in the room, complimentary snacks and sodas, and the delicious breakfast! Karen you are a great host! We will be back!!!
Graciously Green room was the best ....love the decor!

Room Tip: The Graciously Green Room has a very spacious bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Green Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I adore this place. Karen is a marvelous hostess. Her gourmet breakfast are the best we have ever had in any B&B stay (and we have been to many). The rooms are cheerful and clean. Afternoon home baked snacks are a real treat as is a never ending supply of soda and chips and treats. We now meet for a couples weekend away with two other couples every November. They love it as much as we do!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I’ve just spent a relaxing three-day weekend at the Serendipity B&B in Ocean City, NJ. What’s not to love about Ocean City – the beach and boardwalk, shopping along Asbury Avenue, and plenty of places to choose for great eats! Staying at the Serendipity B&B makes a visit that much more enjoyable. It’s like home-away-from-home. A gracious innkeeper, comfortable rooms (I’ve stayed in all but one), several breakfast choices (all are hardy), movies/books/magazines/internet/TV, and afternoon refreshments (homemade baked goods) – what more could you ask for? The chairs on the front porch allow for hours of people watching (the 9th St location is awesome) or for enjoying an early morning coffee before heading to the beach. Every time I’m headed to Ocean City for an extended period, I check the availability at Serendipity as I know I’ll have a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our second visit. We enjoyed our stay just as much as the first time. Karen is a wonderful innkeeper, always willing to go the extra mile, is sociable and pleasant to get along with. Breakfast is to die for. Between the fresh fruit, freshly baked muffin, cake, bread, to the individualized entrees, you can't go wrong. The rooms are clean, well supplied with towels and blankets and having a committed parking space makes it easy to run out and visit attractions without fear of where you will park when you return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Crescentnyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed here years ago and it was fantastic-superclean, great innkeepers, great food and of course, the fabulous location. The only thing that remains now is the great location. The whole inn is dirty, the innkeeper totally unengaged, the food terrible. Everything at the inn looked like it hadn't been changed or renovated in years. Dirty, dingy and unwelcoming. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Karen718, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Ouch. After receiving nothing but positive reviews for five years from this site and other sites I knew the day would come when a guest did not enjoy their stay like all the other reviewers and I wondered how it would feel. Unfortunately, now I know - and it hurts. Not only is Serendipity my business, it is also my home. I am sorry that someone who visited my home was not happy. Unfortunately the guest never made any attempt to let me know. I had previous guests on a waiting list who would have been thrilled to take their place. I would also like to know which room they stayed in so I can take a fresh look. I buy new bed linens every year and also buy new toweling but maybe there is something in the room that I have overlooked. If something looks used or dated I would want to know so I can replace it. The old adage - you can't fix what you do not know is broken - applies here. So I will continues replacing the linens annually and enjoying my guests and my home. If you are reading this response you have also read the review. Please read the other reviews on this site and others. Not every place is for everyone - that is why there is such a large variety of lodging properties. Obviously Serendipity was not for them. And who knows - maybe in another 15 years they will return, pan the current owner and remark what a wonderful hostess I was! Thank you for taking the time to read my response :)
Karen

Been to Serendipity Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!