“Just What Ocean City needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 184 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: FIRE! Is a "farm to fork" sustainable multi-ethnic fusion establishment, featuring locally sourced food. The steak for our burgers is ground fresh daily from a "secret" blend, our produce is from local organic farms & everything is made from scratch or by local artisanal bakers, smokers or butchers. Local art hangs on the wall, local musicians entertain & our "Tower Gardens" provide through aero-ponics many of our herbs & veggies.
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Just What Ocean City needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Read a review on tripadvisor and the reviews were all good. Took a chance and when to have dinner. Walked in an sat down was greeted by our server Jason and offered drinks. Within a few minutes the place was packed. People were coming in and had reservations. What reservation in OC. Ordered cheeseburger soup little cheesy but good. My wife had Bib salad with fresh tomatoes and bacon. We both ordered Flat bread pizza a Margarita and a Steak n Blue cheese . Both we're served on a hot stone and was awesome. At the end of the meal we meet Judy who we assumed was the owner, she interduced herself and ask our names and how was our meal. We will be back and try the Breakfast. Don't past this little gem by on Asbury ave.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Fresh and delicious ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here last week. I love the herb hydroponic garden in the front of the restaurant. I had the heirloom tomato salad. So good. Plump juicy tomatoes balsamic and a Pesto dressing bed. I could have had a bigger serving for my meal! My husband had the clam chowder that was equally delish. I had the Ritenhouse Mac and cheese for my entree and it was smooth creamy decadent and I ate the whole thing! My husband devoured his crisp fish and chips. The atmosphere is casual and the food is so gourmet. My fave place in OC.

“Dinner Dinner, Winner Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our first visit to this new restaurant was a real treat. Daily specials fresh soft shells were jumbo and cooked to perfection and accompanied by a dill dipping sauce. A friend enjoyed the chicken fried steak with cheese grits. Seven different entrees ordered, seven high marks! Our only disappointment was when we went back the next morning (Monday) to sample their interesting breakfast menu, Mondays they're closed. So, next visit too OCNJ will start with a breakfast followed by a dinner at Fire on the Beach.

Cherry Hill, NJ
“Great New Ocean City Eatery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I was there at 6:00pm on July 3rd with a party of six; three adults and three children from 8 - 14 yrs.old. We were promptly seated in a restaurant that was now fully occupied. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. Very eclectic menu with many interesting choices and a great price point. Our entree selections included: the soft shell crab platter, fish and chips platter, a Reuben burger sandwich, a bacon bomb sandwich (think a meat loaf sandwich wrapped in bacon on a brioche bun), and a cheeseburger slider with a side of house made potato tots from the children's menu. The soft shell crab platter came with two of the meatiest crabs I have ever had and they were perfectly done and delicious. The fish and chips platters, two adults ordered them, included two crispy cod pieces and a plate full of home made fries; the fish was perfectly done, the fries were delicious but a tiny bit greasy. The sandwiches were beautifully plated, all served on brioche buns and delicious. This is a great place if you have an 8 or under child dining. Our 8 year old who tends to be a little fussy, made short work of the cheeseburger slider and potato tots; there also was a grilled cheese sandwich, macaroni and cheese, and chicken fingers menu options for her. A nice feature is that most beverages have free refills. A great dinner for six for under $90 before tip.

Visited July 2014
Antioch, California
“Amazing taste, great price & large portions!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had dinner with the family here on July 1st & we were all in heaven. Although we all ordered our own meals, it turned into family style, as we just had to try everything on the table! The caprese salad was very tasty, Chesapeake chowder and tomato bisque were both very creamy and tasty. I had the fish and chips, which came with a huge portion of freshly made fries and three pieces of battered cod, along with cole slaw. My husband had the Reuben, which he said was the best he ever tasted. Everyone went crazy for the tater tots he ordered, which were also made fresh from potatoes - they tasted just like my grandmother's potato cakes, but less greasy. My cousin enjoyed lobster mac'n' cheese -- homemade, huge chunks of lobster, very tasty. My father enjoyed a flatbread margherita pizza, which was just crispy enough without an overpowering tomato sauce. My mother had the grilled cheese and tomato bisque. The grilled cheese used cheddar and was made on fresh brioche. All was delicious. We had peach Melba for dessert, but it has strawberry in the conserves so we asked for it without. It was tasty, but the ice cream melted way too fast. My husband had the pineapple upside down cake, adorned with fresh fruit. It was also scrumptious. Altogether we were in 7th heaven over the meal and plan to return for breakfast this weekend!

• Visited July 2014