“Great Family place to bring your young kids and Teenagers” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With its quaint storefronts, amusement rides and Music Pier, Ocean City is everything you'd expect from the real Jersey shore. This family-friendly town boasts a two-mile boardwalk dotted with amusements, pizza parlors, and seaside stores.
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Family place to bring your young kids and Teenagers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have been staying in Ocean City, NJ for about 29 years. It is the best NJ Family beach/boardwalk to bring your young Children/teenagers. The entire town of Ocean City is "DRY" No liquor stores or bars are on the boardwalk or town, which is fine, because there are NO bad crowds/drunks hanging out on the boardwalk. It is a Very safe town. we let our teenagers go up to the boardwalk by themselves, there are a lot of teens that go to the boardwalk and they are very nice kids. There are two huge liquor stores on your way into Ocean City, so we stock up on our way into Ocean City.

Visited June 2011

Media, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
“You just can't beat the Jersey Shore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We've rented family homes every summer in Ocean City. Typically we bring teens as well as my Elementary age kids. OCNJ has it all. We love the beaches and the boardwalk is the best. It DOES get very crowded but if you aren't in a hurry it's a gret place to shop & people-watch!

Visited July 2010
Reading PA
13 attraction reviews
“Been going here since I was 5, a great Jewel by the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

If you are looking for a great place to take your kids, you have found it. I've been going here with my Parents/Grandparents since I was 5 years old. This is a dry town so it keeps the troublemakers off the boardwalk. Get a bite to eat or ride the rides, plenty to do on the boardwalk. Tip- if you know you are spending a week in OCNJ, you can get 1/2 price tickets at Christmas time and Easter for the rides, some online, some in person.

Visited April 2011
Cumberland, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
“Simply charming!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

While passing through Ocean City on our way to Cape May, we decided to take a stroll along the boardwalk. What a surprise to find ourselves thrown back in time. The miniature golf and amusement rides were from a bygone era and the locally made treats were just as you remembered from your childhood. And everything was decorated for fall with mums and cornstalks. We can't wait to come back next summer to enjoy the beach!

Williamstown, New Jersey
“No fun in Ocean CIty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Well I will start by saying I had a terrible time at your beach this weekend! I went with a group including my two daughters, my grandson, my girlfriend and her two kids. We planned on spending the day in the water and then hitting the boardwalks and dining. Within minutes of entering the water, I was told that boogie boards are not allowed. That is the first beach I ever heard of this rule. Silly as it sounded, I proceeded to put the board away and swim…again the whistle blows and I am told that we can’t swim except within the green flagged area that was completely packed with people. So here is 1,000 feet of area for the 3 surfers in the water and a 100 foot section for the 500 swimmers in the water. I again listened and took the kids to the designated area…we had fun for about 10 minutes before the whistle blew again and I was told that after 5:30PM, we could only swim up to our knees…hardly fun for a guy of my age, never mind that my daughter pointed out it was only 5:00PM when everyone was called in. After deciding that this was the absolute worst beach I have ever visited, we left. On the way out I washed off and headed to the rest room to change back into clean dry clothes, only to be told “No changing in the rest room”!