“Fantastic!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayberry Inn - Ocean City

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Bayberry Inn - Ocean City
pennsylvania
“Fantastic!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Reviewer: The Smith's, Easton, PA
We absolutely love the Bayberry Inn, we have stayed at other Bed and Breakfast's before this one but this is the absolute best B&B we have ever stayed at. This is our absolute very favorite and our one and only favorite place to stay in Ocean City, NJ - we have stayed here 5 times, in the last 2 years, and many more to come. The breakfast's are wonderful and delicious and the rooms are beautiful! The owners David and Bonnie are so very nice and absolutely wonderful and we love their dog Pearl. They make us feel right at home, it is our home away from home. We would highly recommend the Bayberry Inn to anyone that is planning to visit Ocean City, NJ.

• Liked — Dave and Bonnie - beautiful B&B
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

My husband and I have been going to Bayberry for about 5 years now. First I brought my mother, then my sister and then finally my husband. My husband swore he would never go to a B&B. Well ,one time at Bayberry Inn with Dave & Bonnie and he's been hooked ever since.

We went to a few B&B's before the Bayberry and never really felt comfortable. The people weren't as friendly, or inviting. The food was average. Then I found the Bayberry. The best part about Bayberry Inn is you feel almost like one of the family. Their Victorian B&B is immaculate and the rooms are beautiful and decorated so eloquently.

Bonnie & Dave themselves are the most friendly, interesting, helpful people you will ever meet. Whether you want to be just left alone, or you want to have conversation and/or find out where the best place to eat is or the best entertainment, they know it all. It's also interesting listening to where they purchased and had all their furniture made. Each piece has a story behind it.

I have yet to stay in every room and am still working on it. Yet, I have my favorites and always try for them first. The breakfast is always delicious and plentiful. Home cooked by either Dave or Bonnie you never know what the surprise is but it's always very good and served with a beautiful presentation. And of course, the conversation at breakfast is always plentiful whether you want to just listen to the stories or join and tell your own.

We go at least twice a year because we never miss the fall & spring craft shows. We've also been there at Christmas time and it is amazingly decorated! During the summer, there is always lemonade or ice tea and cookies waiting for you on the covered porch when you get back from the beach. Never have we felt so quite at home then when we go to the Bayberry Inn with Bonnie & Dave Konya.

We have just returned for the first time from their newly purchased B&B in Lancaster. It's called the Countryhearth B&B. It is quite different then Bayberry. It's over 100 years old and very much colonial style rather then Victorian like the Bayberry. But again, we felt so much at home with Bonnie and Dave and of course they guided us to the best places to shop and the best places for dinner. The rooms were absolutely beautiful!

We've already booked our reservations for the Bayberry Inn for the May craft show. If you don't get it now - you won't get it at all, they book up fast! I have recommended the Bayberry to many people and all have come back saying they loved it and would like to return and many have. I hope I have helped anyone who is looking for a beautiful, relaxing B&B. This one is truly a gem. Enjoy!

• Liked — Hospitality, cleanliness, relaxation, charm
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

Stay away from the Bayberry Inn!! The owner (we dealt with the husband, as the wife was at their other b & b) insulted my grown children as we were checking in. They were so upset, they wanted to leave.
The owner was rude, impatient, unfriendly, and unhospitable when dealing with us. As we were checking out, he asked for the beach tags, which we informed him were left in the room on the dressor. He indicated he was going to sell them, as they were worth money to people who collected them.
We went to the beach and were told we needed beach tags. My husband walked back to the Bayberry Inn to ask the owner if we could use the beach tags for a couple of hours and return them. My husband first went back to the room, which was already stripped by the owner, and the beach tags were gone. My husband then found the owner and asked - the owner said we did NOT return the tags in the room (which was a lie).
My husband then asked if he had other tags we could borrow and the owner said no. He told my husband to buy tags on the beach. This is a surly man who has no business being in this business.
We spent almost $600 for two nights, and this is how we were treated. We will NEVER return here.
If you work hard like we do and want to spend your money where you will be treated well, find another place to stay. We want to warn others because we don't want you to have bad memories as we do.

Stayed August 2006
PearlOC, owner at Bayberry Inn - Ocean City, responded to this review, October 26, 2006
In response to the review posted, this was the reviewer's second stay at Bayberry Inn. After the first visit, she raved about her stay and rebooked for a holiday weekend. This stay was later cancelled. The visit being reviewed was booked for Labor Day weekend and she called to cancel due to the weather forecast less than 48 hours before her expected arrival time unaware of the cancellation policy. After seeing the cancellation policy on the website, she again called to say that they would be coming.

Our suite, where the family stayed, is set up for a small family (two adults, two small children). When they arrived, there were five adults. We provide parking for one car per room and a maximum of four beach tags for the suite from check-in to check-out. Upon arrival, rather than ring the doorbell, the reviewer's grown children walked completely throught the inn including the private owner's quarters where they found someone to help them.

At that time they said that there would be two vehicles needing parking. As two other rooms had arrived together in one car, we accomodated the reviewer's family and gave them parking for both vehicles. We also provided beach tags for all five.

Upon check-out when questioned about beach tags, the reviewer said the tags were in the room. Upon checking, only three of the five were in the room. When the husband came back from the beach looking for another tag, he said that his son had one and had driven away and that his wife had one on the beach, but he would need one to get onto the beach. As the policy is from check-in to check-out and they still had two tags, he was advised that he would have to purchase a daily tag himself.

We feel that we accomodated this family in that they had too many people for the accomodations as well as the fact that we allowed their car to stay parked until 4pm even though check-out was five hours earlier.
Yardville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2005

I have been staying at the Bayberry Inn for the past 5 years, several times a year and can't say enough good stuff about it. The Inn itself is charming, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and they offer extra choices such as cereal, oatmeal and fruit if you don't like what they are serving that morning. Finally, the hosts are the most hospitable and warm people you could ever meet. They have always been accommodating and helpful in any and every way possible. You feel as if you are staying with family or dear friends. Make sure to make the Bayberry Inn a part of your next trip to Ocean City, NJ!

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2005

Our stays at the Bayberry Inn are always wonderful. This B&B is charming with all the comforts and warm, welcoming atmosphere of your own home. The food is creative, original, and delicious; while the rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. The Inn Keepers, Bonnie and David Konya, are very accmodating and go out of their way to ensure that our needs are taken care of. The Bayberry Inn is the only place my husband and I will stay in Ocean City. We look forward to visiting our home away from home every summer. We highly recommend this B&B and guarantee a fabulous experience every time.

• Stayed May 2005
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2005

We were told by e-mail last night that there was a room available for this Saturday, and responded that we'd take it, and would call first thing in the morning with a credit card (assuming they didn't want to be bothered with business calls late at night). I called at 9:03am and the woman told me they gave the room away, and gave me an attitude when I questioned her policies. She claims she didn't check her e-mail --- but why should I be penalized for that? I like B&B's, but its owners like this that sometimes make me want to stick to chain hotels, where managers are accountable for their actions.

, Owner/Innkeeper at Bayberry Inn - Ocean City, responded to this review, September 2, 2005
Regarding "Bayberry Inn - BEWARE", reviewer emailed requesting room availability for a Saturday evening. At 6:25 pm, response was made that we had a room due to a cancellation, "Please call to make a reservation". At 9:43 pm, we received a call from another woman who had also inquired earlier in the day about availability for the same evening. She made a reservation with a credit card deposit during that 9:43 pm telephone call. The reviewer emailed at 11:27 pm to say that she would take the room and would call in the morning with a credit card number. The other individual who had called and booked with a deposit had already made a reservation for the same room that the reviewer was interested in. At 11:27 pm, when the reviewer contacted us by email, the room was no longer available. This was explained to her when she called in the morning. As we are a small inn, all reservations are made on a first come/first serve basis and our policy is that all reservations are made by telephone with a credit card deposit.

Been to Bayberry Inn - Ocean City? Share your experiences!